Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

You're dead. Oh really?

A couple of conflicting reports on what happens when someone dies and is then revived:- http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/26/what-happens-when-we-die-story_n_6758554.html http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/08/life-after-death-science_n_59450...

User avatar by Guide
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is this comedy called

Not much to go on, but it starred Richard Briars.The only scene I can remember is when Richard Briars character writes a computer programme to organise the family budget.He realises that to make it work, he has to end the programme.Not sure when it w...

Help with adopted older cat

Just over 2 weeks ago I adoped a black neutered male. The shelter told me he is about 6 years old. The first week he hid under the bed in my spare bedroom.Now he spends most of his time perched on top of a shelf unit.I have managed to coax him down t...

house building

would you build your own? OH watches them and as nice as they are when they're finished, no way would I try to do that. OH would have a heart attack with the stress for sure! these programme makers seem to make it sound easy but no one manages to bui...

Do you know what's in your freezer?

Frankly, I don't. (That's my freezer of course: I really don't know what's in yours.) Occasionally I have a clear-out and all sorts of stuff appears - not labelled or dated. Stuff I've put in thinking "well this will be coming out again within the we...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

I've been asked to help for World Book Day

....by a local cafe. Mind's a blank really; I thought of: a twiggy tree to hang labels on, "Books That Inspire Me", asking customers to read from a book on their chair; dressing in my onesie and reading a bedtime story; themed teas, coffees and snack...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Antiques & collectables?

What have people found regarding the buying/selling of Antiques and Collectables? Have you found that some things are selling for very, very low prices compared to a few years back? Brown Furniture is selling very badly compared to when I was listing...

User avatar by Guide
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

orchid !!!

just to show you who have orchids that will not flower.persevere and they will flower again as mine has proved.this is the one that has not flowered for nearly 2 years...

charity ebay 038.jpg

What can you hear?

Me: the ticking of the clock; the hum of the computer; birds intermittently outside; the front (communal) door slamming and the voices of the nurses coming to see to the lady in the next flat; one cat noisily snoring; distant traffic.

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Neg feedback from 1750BC

Looks like it all goes back some way! When you came, you said to me as follows : “I will give Gimil-Sin (when he comes) fine quality copper ingots.” You left then but you did not do what you promised me. You put ingots which were not good before my m...

Blimey is it groundhog day?

I'm sure it looked like this when I got up this morning! Tsk! What has happened to this place? Right; Who has been shopping? (real shopping, not food). Who has made something? Who had a chuckle at a photo (share). Who has had beautiful weather and ca...

Black Cat

Are black cats lucky or unlucky. Just got this boy from a local shelter.I wanted an older cat and he is 6 years oldThe people at the shelter said that it is always the black ones that get overlooked.His name was Liquorice when they took him in when h...

What are you wearing?

No, I'm not a heavy-breathing bloke in a phone box, I wondered if there are any of us sat there typing in twinset and pearls, or badger suit and gas-mask, or if it's all charity shop and sale stuff like me. Cue the music! [cheesy rendition of "A Pret...

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ooh - thweetie!

Been sorting out a lot of quality clothes, taking photos of them, getting ready for the next Free Listing Weekend, but when it came to ladies coats etc both my wife and daughter refused point blank to be photographed wearing them. Talk about being ca...