orchid !!!

just to show you who have orchids that will not flower.persevere and they will flower again as mine has proved.this is the one that has not flowered for nearly 2 years...

charity ebay 038.jpg

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

orchid !!!

Gorgeous! I have two 'resting' at the moment.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

Beautiful cookie Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

So pretty.  I have one in bud and one 'resting'.

It proves that patience pays off in the end!  Woman LOL

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

They're lovely Cookie.

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

Very pretty Cookie.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

good to see you pat..you seem to have been missing for ages...

.................................................................................................................
Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

Thanks Cookie, Had a time that I needed to help get over the loss of my little dog. Hit me pretty hard. But time heals wounds and all that.  I haven't ever tried growing orchids. Are they difficult? I think they are gorgeous flowers. I have two African violets I am babying here and plan to take some leaf cuttings from to start me a few more. I love the flowers and how they bright the place up. 🙂

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

I had one that was in bud, and then poof! it died off, the leaves all went limp and rubbery. So I bunged it in the bin, pity I thought I was going to be lucky. What did I do wrong? I have another one in flower at the moment, I'm giving it a bit of water once a week, like it said on the label....do I continue to do it when the flowers have gone?

That's a lovely sight, for a winter's day.......

Photobucket

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

i only throw water at mine every 3/4 weeks and they seem fine but can sleep with no flowers for months and months and months and them hey ho they flower..

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

They need very little moisture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

Definitely, too little water  is better than too much.

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

what do you do with them once they've flowered, do you leave them in the same place, or move them somewhere else?

Photobucket

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

just leace them on the kitchen window sill.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

I leave them in the same place too.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

orchid !!!

Mine go on a spare bedroom windowsill.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent