80% final value fees discontinued?

Are the FF are discontinued with last 80% FVF discount last friday? Is it because it is last friday of the year? Friends and family account are not getting them as well this friday!

Message 1 of 222
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yep Havent received today, have received them every other week for a month now but not today

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 222
See Most Recent
221 REPLIES 221

Yep Havent received today, have received them every other week for a month now but not today

Message 2 of 222
See Most Recent

I've not received my 70% FVF  discount for 29 December either. First time in ages that I've not had one. 

Message 3 of 222
See Most Recent

Me too same issues after selling on eBay for few years this is the first time I don't get this promotion 80 % off fee final value 

Message 4 of 222
See Most Recent

I believe that because is the last Friday from this year maybe  the promotion will be delayed or postponed for the next Friday, just to mention I haven't received 

Message 5 of 222
See Most Recent

Although these promotions are given out completely randomly,  it's not a given there will be one today,  all the above posts  I see were written very early in the morning.

I find if I'm lucky enough to receive one,  it does seem to appear mid morning,  so there's still time and hope !

Message 6 of 222
See Most Recent

There are only usually 2 promotions a month - there was one astarting the first Jan, another starting 15 Jan, so it's very unlikely there will be one this week. 

Message 7 of 222
See Most Recent

Incidentally, it's typical to see that as usual most of those bemoaning the lack of an offer on these threads  are the ones that aren't entitled to them anyway!

Message 8 of 222
See Most Recent

You mean, it's not normal for a private seller to have 23 home cinemas for sale?

Message 9 of 222
See Most Recent

Hi,

Grateful if you could explain the criteria 'entitling' one to inclusion in these promotions, please. Are you actually in possession of them? This is literally the first time that I've not received this offer in years, so it would be very helpful if you could throw some light on what might have changed. My seller status remains Above Standard and my statistics remain unchanged.

Best rgds,

Jon

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 10 of 222
See Most Recent

The ' not entitled' referred to sellers who should be correctly registered as a business seller - those making or buying to sell. Business sellers do not get these regular offers, so incorrectly registered business sellers are getting something they are not entitled to.

Message 11 of 222
See Most Recent

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I can confirm that I am not and never have been a “business seller". None of my listings should ever have given either a house algorithm or human intelligence any suspicion of this (single issue unwanted or second hand items). Are there means by which this can be addressed, please? Also grateful if you could let me know if you are speaking in an official capacity. Do you have agency with Ebay?

Very best regards,

Jon

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 12 of 222
See Most Recent

Also proficient bakers with all those bread machines too.....

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 13 of 222
See Most Recent

It was the same last year. eBay skipped the offer in the last week of the year. Last one in 2022 was 16th Dec, first one in 2023 was 13th Jan. So I fully expect it to return on 12th Jan.

I assume it's because they don't need to attract sellers when everyone is off-loading the socks,  handkerchiefs and other useless gifts they were given for Xmas.

Message 14 of 222
See Most Recent

I found last year that the promotions didn't start appearing until much later into January, probably because many are looking to sell off gifts or spend Christmas money so ebay don't need to entice folk to list. 

Message 15 of 222
See Most Recent

Hello ,

They are not give out randomly but they stop them randomly ! 

Message 16 of 222
See Most Recent

The promotions are not 2 a months but every other week ! 

Message 17 of 222
See Most Recent

There are not 23 home cinemas but probably 4 with different variations and most of them repetedly listed with every other promotions 

Message 18 of 222
See Most Recent

Not a buisness seller nor buy to sell

Message 19 of 222
See Most Recent

Private accounts are for sellers who are clearing out their items, not making profits, that is a business! There are rules and laws to abide by when selling online and you are breaking all of them including listing duplicate items.

Promotions are being abused by some private sellers as they should not be using them to list for profit. 

Message 20 of 222
See Most Recent