Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Joke

A man meets a monkey in the forest and notices the monkey is holding a tin-opener."You don't need a tin-opener for bananas", said the man."Of course not", said the moneky, "but you do for the custard!"

What are these puzzles called?

Many years ago there used to be books of puzzles where you had to work out a list of answers from a list of clues. An example might be that you have to find out which couple lives in which house in their road - " No.2 has a green door, Peter lives at...

User avatar by Helper
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Discount Club?.

Had a young man come to my door yesterday trying to get me interested in a Discount Club called Utility Warehouse?. You can get Broadband, home phone,mobile,gas and electric all on one supplier?. Has anyone else heard of this?. Im not sure if they ar...

Naughty but nice - virtual roulette

On the way back from the Post Office stuck my head into a betting shop. Had a reasonable amount of loose change and had to wait ages to get on to a 20p Roulette wheel - minimum stake £1.00 After watching some sucker go from £140.00 to zero in eight m...

Television licence on the taxes?

I think I read somewhere that in excess of 95% of the country own at least one television, not including all those with Sky. Rather than go through the motions and arguments for and against increasing revenue for the broadcasting services by raising ...

Watch your Bank Accounts

I recently had 2 instances of unknown companies setting up direct debits on my account.They each took just £1 described as initial payment. I didnt set them up, and have no idea who they are. I phoned my bank`s fraud line, and the payments were refun...

Sherlock Holmes and Watson go camping ...

Our intrepid pair decide to spend a couple of nights in the open. Holmes wakes Watson from a sound sleep."Watson, looking up, there is not a cloud in the sky. I can see the Plough and numerous other constellations. What does that tell you?""Well Holm...

S.I.C.K jpke

Two bluebottles meet at a pool of vomit in the gutter on the side of the road. "Hello," Said the first one "I haven't seen you around for some time." "No," replied the second one, "I've been off sick recently..."

What a question! :-D

In the process of joining another bank the manager was asking a series of questions on a screen. One of them was "Have you ever had a CCJ held against you for child maintenance from the Child Support Agency?" "None which I would admit to!" I quipped....

Oooops

I'm in trouble aren't I? I've only forgotten the MDCC auction yesterday haven't I?...To defend myself, I was starting to decorate our front room with OH, and completely forgot the time. I haven't been on line for a couple of days.I'm a norty moo and ...

embarrased 3 smiley.gif

Is it worth saving? Update:

Further to my earlier thread I think the following example just about sums it up:0% BANKING INTEREST!I kid ye not. That was on page eight of yesterday's Sun. The Bank of England Guvernor hinted yesterday at a zero rate of interest.Mark Carney suggest...

Who in their right mind ...........

goes onto a mountain when rescue teams are calling off a search because of bad weather and very trecherous conditions !Two male climbers went onto Ben Nevis on Saturday and then called police to say they were in difficulties and they also remain unac...

Hello

Just came on here for the first time in yonks andwanted to say "HI" to all/any of myfriends who are left. Hope you are all ok. Love Fishy x

Another pointless suicide :-(

Yet another young man with everything to live for has taken his own life over a £500.00 loss on a virtual Roulette machine.Unless you've seen and experienced it personally, you won't believe just how addictive these machines are. They're not amusemen...

Postage to increase next month

Postal charges to increase next month:From the 29th. of next month the postal charges for first and second class mail is to increase by 1p. Ooh, wonderful to be given advanced warning, and here's how to play the system, hitting the Royal Mail where i...

Anyone gone interrailing as an adult?

Really just speculating but as we haven't been on holiday for years I'm looking at alternative ways to travel. My daughter is 18 and at uni and I'm considerably older but quite like the idea of us both jumping on a train here in South Wales and seein...

How many people are on ebay at any one time?

I average about four page views per item unless it's a guitar or a computer table in which case it could creep up to about forty. I used to get despondant after having put in a great deal of time and effort to sell my items. Ultimately you are sellin...

Daily Mail pages 24 - 25 inc.

You need to have a heart of stone if this story doesn't affect you. Pages 24 - 25 inc.of today's Daily Mail carry the story of an infant Orang-Utang who wii not leave it's mother's side under any circumstances as vets do battle to to keep it's mother...

How nourishing!

I used to make my daughter and I macaroni cheese on a regular basis using about 50% macaroni/cheese by weight. Once done I'd put it in the oven for about fifteen minutes to brown off. Walking round the supermarket I decided to buy a tin of macaroni c...

Is it worth saving?

Recently a couple won £33,000,000.00 Camelot made a big thing of how much interest their money would earn and what they could do with the money. At the other end of the scale there was Michael Carrol who blew the lot on fast cars, loose women - O Luc...

Raise a smile...

I wrote the word "No" on a piece of paper, folded it over and asked a girl at work if she knew what was written on the inside. She looked at me as if I was mad, shrugged her shoulders and replied "no"I then unfolded it in front of her. "Well done." I...