Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Lottery fiasco

This lottery fiasco - the odds against winning the jackpot now being an absurd forty-five million to one since they increased the number of balls. People are moaning in today's Express about those with five numbers walking away with less than £900.00...

How "Conservative" are you?

I've been advised that my computer system could stand in for my neighbour's if anything went wrong with our respective set-ups. Ho hum. I've lived in the same house for nine years and wouldn't be able to pick them out in an identity parade or vice-ve...

Just so you know who to expect next

With Storm Imogen battering some of us I thought you might like to know who's coming next What names will be used this year?A – Abigail (hit the UK on November 12-13)B – Barney (November 17-18)C – Clodagh (November 29)D – Desmond (December 5-6)E – Ev...

What went wrong with Broadband?

It came up on the news that the whole of Broadband would be out for 24 hours. Thank God it's back on again. It must have been off for about five hours, but that's a long time to look at an orange glow on my BT Hub instead of a blue glow. It just goes...

Hyacinths

We've got a small bowl of hyacinths (an anniversary gift) which are now past their best, and I am wondering if there is some way to save them to eventually flower again in the garden. Does anyone know what to do, or should I just compost them and buy...

User avatar by Helper
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recalled tumble dryers

I have one of the tumble dryers recently recalled and registered it for repair before Christmas. Today I have had an email with a good deal on a replacement dryer if I don't want to wait until the estimated repair date of June. Worth a look for anyon...

yet another night

in here trying desparately to distract myself from pulling my skin off due to rediculous itching! every blooming night is the same thing, im fine until the end of the news at 10 pm and then it starts! i dont know why i bother trying to go to bed, its...

A little joke to maybe cheer you up !

A young lady calls her dad after midnight saying "Can you come and collect me as I have missed the last bus and it is pouring with rain" ?Dad says "Of course I can ! Where are you ringing from" ?Young lady says " From the top of my head right down to...

collections

do you collect anything special? I just wondered if you have an item that sparked off a collection for you. With me it was a cow creamer and I had over 100 when we moved, cow ornaments as well as creamers. I have had to get rid of some as we don't ha...

What a dummy!

Wife bought me a puzzle - two 500 piece Christmas puzzles in the same box: they were. I opened it up to find the two puzzles were in three bags! Not only do I have to do both puzzles at the same time, I've got the added pleasure of trying to work out...

come on people....

OK there aren't many of us left on here, stoic as we are.....so let's try hard to make it work....let's have chats on here again about any daft thing.....I have posted a thread this evening, over to you!!! xxxx

as you get older......

do you find you just can't be bothered cooking a main type meal? that you'd just rather have, say, soup and a wee pud?I'm going off this eating lark in the wrong way aren't I? I should just be having the main bit and none of the other nice bits

frustration bunny smiley.gif

We have had snow all day

and it is laying, only about 3 inches deep but we are right on the coast and I mean right on it ! In fact I could be in the water from my door in less than two minutes.We live in Ayrshire on the west coast of Scotland.

guarantee

I bought a lock for a shed back in june its been all what i wanted until now i have a problem this lock has an alarm it did work but no longer but there is a 5 warenty on it ive emailed the seller but no reply what can i do the lock was over £20

OK that's it......

all the decorations down, packed away....but do you always find you've left one thing up? you know they say you should leave it up or it's bad luck?I lived with a Christmas card for the whole of 2015!!!!I shall be living this year with two of Twishy'...

SECRET SANTA !

Right, Santa has had his summer break and is now raring to go. The reindeer are chomping at the bit and the elves are working overtime!! I have 12 names on the list so far. If your address and likes and dislikes are the same as last year I think I ha...