Postage to increase next month

Postal charges to increase next month:

From the 29th. of next month the postal charges for first and second class mail is to increase by 1p.  Ooh, wonderful to be given advanced warning, and here's how to play the system, hitting the Royal Mail where it hurts:

By buying 1000 first and 1000 second class stamps between now and the end of next month, providing the sheets or books actually say 1st. class or 2nd. class on the stamp as opposed to the monetary value, the Royal Mail are legally obliged to accept them as legal tender even if it takes you the next ten years to get through!  A bit over the top perhaps, but what interest would you have earned on £1800.00?  Virtually nothing!  As subsequent postal rises take place, you can sit in front of all those lovely stamps and roar, cocking a snoot the the Royal Mail!

Yeah - let's do it! Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

soon be cheaper to pay someone to hand deliver things for you rather than use royal mail,

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Well I think it's still good value.  How else could I get a card delivered from my door to the  door of a friend,  say,  in the Isle of Wight or the north of Scotland for under a pound? 

I think it's damn good value!!

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I am still using stamps I bought in 2012

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

It goes up on April 1st every year. Hardly a surprise. It is good value for a pretty reliable service compared to most of the rest of the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Last year I bought 40 2nd class stamps for my christmas cards. May do the same this year.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

More Pennies for ebay then Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent