💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 03.08.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Hi. I'd like to know how an item due to be delivered on 29th Juky, can be changed to 'ezpected 30th July and change couriers from initially Royal Mail, then change part way through to Whistl. Then (acording to Royal Mail tracker)  Parcel Force.  Then finally, Yodel?! 

And to top it all off - the item i'd waited in for never arrived and was marked as 'Delivered' on the tracking status by Yodel. 

The van seen in the area that day by other neighbours, was an Amazon van. Still no delivery.  Now I have a seller saying 'Nothing we can do as it states it was delivered...'   I am really not impressed and quite angry about it.  I cannot take this further until after 5th August.   

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

@jeannette_1613 wrote:

Hi. I'd like to know how an item due to be delivered on 29th Juky, can be changed to 'ezpected 30th July and change couriers from initially Royal Mail, then change part way through to Whistl. Then (acording to Royal Mail tracker)  Parcel Force.  Then finally, Yodel?! 

And to top it all off - the item i'd waited in for never arrived and was marked as 'Delivered' on the tracking status by Yodel. 

The van seen in the area that day by other neighbours, was an Amazon van. Still no delivery.  Now I have a seller saying 'Nothing we can do as it states it was delivered...'   I am really not impressed and quite angry about it.  I cannot take this further until after 5th August.   

Hi @jeannette_1613,

That does seem strange for the tracking information to show so many different couriers. There can be times where items can be dispatched by one courier and transported by another but that would be down to the way the courier is set up which eBay don’t have control over.

As this is an item not received case, we are unable to check individual details about the case. It would be best to reach out to customer support directly on the 5th so that the cases team can review manually. Please see contact us option here 

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

This morning I went to 'purchase postage label' and found that 3 single items (all marked as 26cm long, 17cm wide and 2cm deep, with a weight of between 101-250g in the postage section) came up as Medium Parcels with a cost of £4 something, whereas for the measurements/weights given they were Large Letter size at a cost of £1.65 each.

Even more strangely, a sale with 2 items in it (both in the above size band) also showed Medium Parcel at £4+ when I viewed all 4 transactions on the same page. I actually used stamps for the three single items, so only needed to purchase a postage label for the double item sale. When I just selected this sale it changed from Medium Parcel (£4+) to Large Letter at £1.65! In fact it was a Small Parcel @ £2.85!

I know this has been brought up before and the (unsatisfactory)'answer' was that any measurments in the title or IS were being picked up. I can only assume that because the three items had '606D' (series number), 1972 and 1968 (publishing dates) in the titles, it was assumed by some very badly coded bot that these were lengths.

Two questions:
1) What is the point of filling in the size/weight in the postage section if the dumb-bot is going to pluck randon figures from elsewhere?

2) (and I really would like an answer to this, not just a brush off that it has been passed on the relevant team)
Take the transaction with 2 items in it, where postage lable automatically came up as Med Parcel @£4+, then LL @ £1.65, when it was actually a Small Parcel at £2.85.
If that buyer opened a NAD case, where I had to pay for the return, what would I be charged at Small Parcel rate, or would I be charged for the Medium Parcel the dumb-bot thought it was first time round?

Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

Good Afternoon

Please can you advise which reports to download in order the get my sales figures for EU transactions and the IOSS VAT totals that eBay have paid on my behalf?

Regards

Paul

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

@sweetmeme wrote:

Hello,

We have upgraded to Anchor Shop since June but haven't got any invitation to the Concierge service yet. This is the main service we looked for with the extra £399 monthly fee. Consulted with customer services several times, but no concrete answers. Can you suggest please?

Hi there,

It can take some time for the invite to be sent as it is sent by the concierge team. If you would like to share the username of the impacted account I can send it on to their teams to try to help the process.

Thanks,

Katie 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Katie,

The impacted account is "manchestar". 

We have been trying to get some help but all failed.

Can you help please?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

@elcon_europe_ltd wrote:

Good Afternoon

Please can you advise which reports to download in order the get my sales figures for EU transactions and the IOSS VAT totals that eBay have paid on my behalf?

Regards

Paul

Hi @elcon_europe_ltd ,

There is a transaction report that can be downloaded within the payments tab in your seller hub. This can be downloaded with specific dates set by you. There is also tax/vat invoices available to download in the same section. 

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

is there any news on the problem people are having with leaving feedback?

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

This morning I went to 'purchase postage label' and found that 3 single items (all marked as 26cm long, 17cm wide and 2cm deep, with a weight of between 101-250g in the postage section) came up as Medium Parcels with a cost of £4 something, whereas for the measurements/weights given they were Large Letter size at a cost of £1.65 each.

Even more strangely, a sale with 2 items in it (both in the above size band) also showed Medium Parcel at £4+ when I viewed all 4 transactions on the same page. I actually used stamps for the three single items, so only needed to purchase a postage label for the double item sale. When I just selected this sale it changed from Medium Parcel (£4+) to Large Letter at £1.65! In fact it was a Small Parcel @ £2.85!

I know this has been brought up before and the (unsatisfactory)'answer' was that any measurments in the title or IS were being picked up. I can only assume that because the three items had '606D' (series number), 1972 and 1968 (publishing dates) in the titles, it was assumed by some very badly coded bot that these were lengths.

Two questions:
1) What is the point of filling in the size/weight in the postage section if the dumb-bot is going to pluck randon figures from elsewhere?

2) (and I really would like an answer to this, not just a brush off that it has been passed on the relevant team)
Take the transaction with 2 items in it, where postage lable automatically came up as Med Parcel @£4+, then LL @ £1.65, when it was actually a Small Parcel at £2.85.
If that buyer opened a NAD case, where I had to pay for the return, what would I be charged at Small Parcel rate, or would I be charged for the Medium Parcel the dumb-bot thought it was first time round?

Hi @kempseykate 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

As you know we have already fed this back to the Shipping Team, unfortunately we don't have any update since then. We will of course ask for this to be looked at as part of any site improvements. 

To your second question, without an example of an item I cant give you an exact answer but I'll take this offline after the chat and speak to the shipping guys to see if they can give some clarity on this. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

When are ebay going to sort the mess out that is estimated delivery. Checked one of my items on Friday evening, on one browsre showing est delivery Tue 2nd or Wed 3rd, excatly the same item with in mintues of checking on a different browser showing est delivery Mon 1st to Wed 3rd. 

I have never dispated on a Saturday so not sure how ebay expects the item might get delivered on Monday. 

Yet if an item does not get scanned and then arrives late hit with late delivery defect that can stay on account for up to a year. Even though dispatched on time, just courier not scanned. 

Also regarding other issue reported last week reguarding private sellers, reported like asked which I have done time and time again. Still no action taken against them as accounts still avoiding distance selling regulations with no returns or contact information. 

Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

Thanks Kat

These reports do not seperate the VAT paid by me and the VAT paid by eBay via IOSS

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

@pixiesen2012 wrote:

is there any news on the problem people are having with leaving feedback?

Hi @pixiesen2012 ,

If you mean the feedback issue as per the below thread I have replied to let the other members know its currently being looked into. There is no update since my reply earlier today.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Leaving-seller-feedback-has-changed-and-it-s-terrib...

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

@manchestar wrote:
@sweetmeme wrote:

Hello,

We have upgraded to Anchor Shop since June but haven't got any invitation to the Concierge service yet. This is the main service we looked for with the extra £399 monthly fee. Consulted with customer services several times, but no concrete answers. Can you suggest please?

Hi there,

It can take some time for the invite to be sent as it is sent by the concierge team. If you would like to share the username of the impacted account I can send it on to their teams to try to help the process.

Thanks,

Katie 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Katie,

The impacted account is "manchestar". 

We have been trying to get some help but all failed.

Can you help please?

Thanks.

Hi @manchestar 

Thanks for reaching out. 

This was escalated to Concierge to be reviewed, Ill chase it up with the guys now and get back to you within 24hrs with an update.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

there have been several threads on this,  I'm glad it is being looked at

Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

@elcon_europe_ltd wrote:

Thanks Kat

These reports do not seperate the VAT paid by me and the VAT paid by eBay via IOSS

Hi @elcon_europe_ltd ,

I undertand but I'm afraid these are the only VAT reports available on eBay right now. 

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your help indeed!

Will I get an update through email?

Thanks,

MancheStar

Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

Thank you for at least replying, Dave.

Oh well, we'll just wait, and wait , and wait then. Same as with all the other issues that have been raised in these chats that have had no updates. Trouble is, these issues/glitches/silly decisions just keep going up, with very few being put right/overturned.

If I go to Tesco and buy a tine of beans that says 'One of your 5 a day' I certainly wouldn't expect to be charged for 5 tins, because the scanner picked up '5' on the label.   And if it did happen, I would have a short chat with the manager, who would doubtless apologise, and make sure the system was updated ASAP. 

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

@oakley_home_and_gifts wrote:

When are ebay going to sort the mess out that is estimated delivery. Checked one of my items on Friday evening, on one browsre showing est delivery Tue 2nd or Wed 3rd, excatly the same item with in mintues of checking on a different browser showing est delivery Mon 1st to Wed 3rd. 

I have never dispated on a Saturday so not sure how ebay expects the item might get delivered on Monday. 

Yet if an item does not get scanned and then arrives late hit with late delivery defect that can stay on account for up to a year. Even though dispatched on time, just courier not scanned. 

Also regarding other issue reported last week reguarding private sellers, reported like asked which I have done time and time again. Still no action taken against them as accounts still avoiding distance selling regulations with no returns or contact information. 

Hi @oakley_home_and_gifts 

As you know Saturday is considered a normal shipping day for some carriers so it is automatically used in the calculation. 

I will as always feed your concerns to the Shipping Team to review. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

Why have you made the verification process for charities so long winded? Having recently set one up... Asking for trustee private information and copies of ID seems a little over the top. 

This is doubly frustrating as you ask for it after the initial registration. Most boards of trustees only meet every couple of months. Are there any plans to streamline this process and better help charities to get onto the platform?

There is a dedicated help email but it seems the majority of your help advisors do not know it exists. Are there any plans to increase the capibilities of this team and make it more known? Also updated help topics and a through and detailed list of things that are needed to verify the charity would be helpful 

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

In the "new look" page for revise listings,  when you goto bulk edit, why has the duration option disappeared from the drop down menu? If we want to change the length of an auction for example from 7 days to 5 day, we now have to manually amend every item from the table, where as before we could bulk edit it in one go?

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.