Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Getting a bit sick of this over charged postage.

The last few months I've been buying from ebay quite frequenty. On some small items I've bought the postage has been set on the listing at £3.20 (Second Class Small Parcel). When the items arrive they have been sent as a Large Letter for £0.96p. I do...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 223 replies
  • 28 kudos

Unable to Leave Feedback

Hello Community. I purchased an item and it arrived, no problem. I subsequently wanted to 'Leave Feedback' but the link is greyed out and it's impossible to action. I've never had this problem before; I've left hundreds of feedbacks in the past. I tr...

Resolved! Appalling new eBay bidding "glitch", more seconds added, & allows snipers to out bid a winning bid

I have been buying & selling on eBay for over 15 years, & have watched whilst little by little eBay tweek elements which have worked perfectly, but this new little trick up the sleeve of eBay when bidding, takes the biscuit. You find an item you want...

Resolved! Is my international shipping item lost?

I brought a 3D printed 3 inch doll head made of hollow plastic from Illinois to London UK and it was shipped out on the 18th and arrived in the UK on the 25th. It is now April the 9th and it has been stuck in the Heathrow Airport sorting center. Is t...

How do I remove followers who are spying me?

Hi, I do not sell on Ebay, I only buy. Unfortunately a rival collector has worked out what my user name is and has started following me, to keep track of what I buy and who from. To my mind this is clear 'spying' (I wanted to use the word that starts...

just bought on eBay and I saw suddenly a “UK VAT added to price” for the first time is this correct

Hi, I just bought an item on eBay and I saw added to the final price before payment a "UK VAT added to price" to a value of 20%. I have never seen that before in more than 18 years on eBay. The seller is in UK and I am also in UK. Is this correct and...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 261 replies
  • 8 kudos

Wrong description

Dear eBay I am an existing customer on the eBay.Recently I purchsed iphones on eBay which description was not correct.1. I bought brand new iphone 14 blue colour. No doudt the item was brand new and sealed. However, the item was register with Raytheo...

Have I been scammed

Recently bought a camera on eBay, camera was going for similar price as the rest so not as if it was super cheap or anything.Apparently today it was delivered FedEx. It was signed for by someone completely different to me, and delivered to a complete...

Oops Looks like we are having trouble connecting to your server

As title for about a week now, whenever I go to bid on an item I get the following message: "Oops Looks like we’re having trouble connecting to our server. Refresh your browser window to try again." This ONLY occurs on the bid window no where else at...

Resolved! Purchases arrivng via Amazon

A couple of times now I have bought stuff on ebay and it has arrived from Amazon. It's obvious that the sellers are placing the ad on ebay, when a purchase is made they buy from Geoff, use buyers address for the delivery and trouser the difference. T...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 126 replies
  • 24 kudos

Am I being a bit sensitive?

Won auction at 4.28pm today, Within an hour I had received a payment reminder. I was out when auction ended & paid within 1 hour 15 minutes of auction end. I have written to seller asking why he is chasing payment on a Sunday 1 hour after auction end...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sellers marking items as dispatched when not

My gripe is, frequently when ordering online with eBay I seem to get an automatic “Dispatched” and often a tracking number as if the seller is on autopilot, yet it seems days before the parcel is in the care of the delivery firm/couriers, is this due...

Got buying related questions? Start here: