Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Unsolicited offers received from sellers

How can I stop unsolicited offers being received? Ebay are using my site browsing history or selling listing to inform sellers of 'interest' and then send me offers I don't want. Unlike offers which I might initiate myself, these automated offers are...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

It’s now ok to list used item as new?!?!

Today I reported a listing for an item which has 'new' in the title and specifics but seller has put that it's been worn once in the description. I asked the seller for clarification and was told they'd only worn it twice. Seller is not going to chan...

Faulty games console 7 weeks after purchase - help!

Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer some guidance. Bought a second-hand Nintendo Switch for my daughter in mid-March. Last week it suddenly stopped working. Won't even turn on now. Tried lots of tutorial videos but nothing. Question is: will ebay step i...

Resolved! Bid increments

I thought I understood bid increments but this one has me puzzled. Item number 364858290651Another bidder bid £37 a couple of mins out. I then bid £37.64 with 10 secs to go and I won. I'm not complaining but don't understand why I won as my bid didn'...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto paid removal

How to remove or disable the option of autopaid on offers you made for a seller ... it's absolutely an the worse option in all ebay .... I am thinking seriously stop making offers if these option still active .... please how can I disable it or remov...

Scam Seller

Hi All I bought a roll of sticky labels for around £10. Waited for the delivery and got a random small tiny empty bottle similar to a ecig flavour. I need the item quickly so bought another from another seller and got the same small bottle delivered ...

Seller approved return but wont send label

I bought yet another counterfeit item :(. I opened a not as described case and the seller approved the return, but keeps telling me that I need to send it to them myself. I messaged them asking for a return label and they replied saying that returnin...

Charged £150 for shipping for an iPad

Recently, I made an offer for a used iPad for £150 and was charged £300 by the seller, including £150 for shipping. Because it was an offer, I got debited immediately the full amount. I am pretty sure that the auction did not have £150 for shipping, ...

The designated click and collect location refused delivery!

Just won an item on ebay which I very much want. I choose the the designated click and collect location at check out. It was taking a while so I checked the tracking number and it said The item was refused delivery at the location and sent back to se...

Receiving Seller Offers on items Viewed but NOT in my Watch List!

Hello All, Do you enjoy the casual browse ( Luxury Items - Bentley, Leica etc) whilst then seeking out items to purchase - I do. But I'm being 'put off' by receiving Seller Offers simply because I viewed the item - I currently have SEVEN of them in m...

User avatar by Member
  • 18 replies
  • 5 kudos

New automated payments on offers

I am not sure if anyone from eBay watches this forum, but because contacting or commenting directly to them is so difficult, I thought I would make a comment here about this new automated payment on offers system.I will not be making any offers under...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos