Ooooh... buyers can now add photos to their feedback???

Just leaving some feedback for items I have bought and was asked to leave photos... blimey this is gonna set the cat among the pigeons. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Message 1 of 101
See Most Recent
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Ooooh... buyers can now add photos to their feedback???

Don't give them ideas. It'll be pay per listing view for the buyer soon!

Message 41 of 101
See Most Recent

We are a business that has been selling new footwear on ebay for over 20 years.  W have have not experienced this yet, however we can see it being suicide for both ebay sellers and ebay themselves.

We have 100% feedback on a value well over 20,000 but only because we never get involved with the 'shoe versus foot shape issue'. What does not fit one, always fits another and we are always getting people who need a wide fitting, trying to squeeze their feet into a standard width shoe.

Of course, it is never the buyers fault, it is always the shoe thats wrong so if this happens to us, it wil be the final nail in the coffin and we will run our ebay presence down and close off this sales avenue as i can see all the pictures of people trying to sqeeze thie feet into a shoe that is simply not suitable for their foot shape and blaming us instead of just using the managed returns process to return an item that simply does not fit!

There are so many far more pressing problems that ebay need to sort out, ( like apportioning postage refunds properly on returns when discounts are given on multiple purchases) that this really will be the last straw for us.

Message 42 of 101
See Most Recent

@sheba-knows-best wrote:

Just leaving some feedback for items I have bought and was asked to leave photos... blimey this is gonna set the cat among the pigeons. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Not had the photo option yet when leaving feedback. However, I get a very annoying flash up message with 'Coming soon! Add photos to your feedback' which gets in the way when trying to type and leave feedback 🙄

Personally, I really don't see the 'positive' point of it? I can foresee it potentially doing a lot of damage to sellers who may receive a neg or two along with a picture. I can also foresee a whole load of 'selfies' appearing on eBay, like I care.............

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 43 of 101
See Most Recent

@whf-southamptonI don't think the second item discount/ postage refund issue will be sorted because it isn't understood as an issue. 

I have/ had similar issues with people buying a ring in several sizes, you knew one would likely be coming back but the buyer took advantage of the 10% off second item discount.  I end up with a return to process and 5% down on having sold just one item as the discount is shared across purchases.  But if they'd purchased one and returned as wrong size, then a second I'd have been down a parcel postage so it is something to offset. 

What is frustrating is these things aren't clearly written down so you stumble across them and have to review how you structure your pricing to reflect how the platforms way of charging/ refunding.

Product review photos for EAN numbered items have been on eBay for years without many odd ones.

Video in listings had similar concerns of dodgy things being uploaded on hacked accounts but other than what to my shopping experience is low uptake, I haven't seen issues reported.

Message 44 of 101
See Most Recent

Recent changes on eBay see them gathering meta data from sellers photo's. When buyers leave feedback photo's I assume the same data gathering will also apply to them.

This is not about sellers and buyers but just another source of data revenue for eBay. eBay never do anything without a bottom line in it for themselves.

Message 45 of 101
See Most Recent

Yes I've got the same thing! I think it's going to make things worse as they can choose whether or not to upload a photo and depending on their motive... well, we all know there's a whole amount of things that can go sideways! That's me being pessimistic 🙂

Message 46 of 101
See Most Recent

@gothicrosegallery wrote:

If this is a new thing, will ebay remove the negatives left when the photo uploaded clearly shows the buyer is being less than truthful?

I'm sure they'll find a problem to upload 😄

Message 47 of 101
See Most Recent

THIS!!! 💯

Message 48 of 101
See Most Recent

I personally think it's going to go more west! From my personal experience with buyers, I'm sure they'll find a loose thread to upload if nothing else 😆

Message 49 of 101
See Most Recent

Absolutely agree with this!!! 💯

Message 50 of 101
See Most Recent

I don't know but I very much doubt it. They don't even allow us to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers, so I doubt they're going to allow sellers to get their own back on a revenge driven customer 😂

Message 51 of 101
See Most Recent

They'll leave a photo of a loose thread if they can 😅 if Amazon is anything to go by, that's mainly full of negativity, over positive experiences.

Message 52 of 101
See Most Recent

Clickable unboxing streams on youtube would be amazing. 

... but only if the buyer's happy with what they find in the box.  

However, if the mods pass the word 'monetise' to the great and good in eBay, I guess we sellers can look forward to unboxing streams in the near future.

Who will pay to take advertising on these streams?  The River?

Message 53 of 101
See Most Recent

I'd like photos only to be allowed with positive reviews - issues should be handled through the current process'.  I'm with all the comments here that it isn't going to create a positive user experience seeing peoples not always very balanced rants.  We will no doubt have to see how that one plays out though!

Playing the game of is this mad suggestion plausible and does it actually have any legs, YouTube decide who advertise.  It's possible not to have the pause for adverts thing.  In my running away with the idea head, it would be something sellers could do for themselves (like the new push to social media functionality) - then they could choose to monetise or not, eBay curators could do/ automate (as part of eBay ads) , or affiliates could do and make a tiny percentage off any generated sale (eBay already has affiliate programmes so it would be an extension of this)

Regarding driving traffic away by parallel advertising, it'd only be an off site version of 'similar items' that we get on our listings now.  So as the potential buyer would already be off site they'd be no more off site by clicking elsewhere.  At least having watched a stream of eBay videos, eBay would be back in a positive light in their subconscious.

I know a few people who love unboxing and packing videos for that matter.  With the advent of shopable links within videos its a really interesting future avenue.

Allowing affiliate marketing curated versions of this popular format could potentially not cost sellers and lets face it we could all do with a bit more driven traffic.

The reality is none of these individual things tend to really fly (or end in business suicide as mentioned earlier in thread).  Its the sum total of all the little things we do that create the real effect on our business'.

Whilst I agree with @rainbowtrax post early in thread that it'd be nice to see bug fixing higher on the agenda/ on the agenda or even feel confident its underway, eBay being complacent and not striving to move forwards in a really challenging market isn't going to help sales either.  No one seams to have it easy at present!

Message 54 of 101
See Most Recent

@kleer91 wrote:

I personally think it's going to go more west! From my personal experience with buyers, I'm sure they'll find a loose thread to upload if nothing else 😆

I must admit, as another pre-loved seller, I am only too aware that any pre-loved item (maybe even new items) can look awful if you  want them to ... and I am concerned.  I think I might agree with OJ's comment that they should only be allowed with positive fb.

Message 55 of 101
See Most Recent

@ojewellery wrote:

Ojewellery (my brand) just started being a brand on Debenhams.  

For an item thats a one off or second hand will a poor photo cause detrement to sellers if they don't have more of the same?

I googled Debenhams and Ojewellery and found you easily. Woohoo. Well done OJ!

Regarding a poor photo of a different secondhand item, yup, I think it could be detrimental. In pre-loved, I think fb matters A LOT. There are so many people selling off utter tat, that ebay buyers are exhausted and almost looking for a reason not to buy (to avoid hassle) . Basically in pre-loved, I think ALL of your previous items are taken as evidence of the condition of items that you are prepared to sell.  Which is fair enough... until you get the picky buyer who somehow seems to think that something forty years old should look like it was manufactured yesterday.

Message 56 of 101
See Most Recent

ebay doesn't accept pictures from sellers as proof of anything, so to allow pictures on negative feedback would be wrong. If ebay can't be sure the buyer is photographing the item sent by the seller, or hasn't tampered with the item to boost their claim then this idea should stretch to positives only. It's not as if we can rely on ebay to deal with any issues over pictures as it will probably be part of the automated process for feedback removal, and we all know the success rate for that.

Message 57 of 101
See Most Recent

Recent press article with to buyer feedback images:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/buyer-s-remorse-people-share-hilarious-online-shopping-fails/a...

Just goes to show that the Item Specific 'Size' is completely ignored by buyers.

Message 58 of 101
See Most Recent

That link gave us a giggle but the sinister siide, as you say, is that buyers do not read the item specifics.

This is partly due to the use of mobiles,  where you need to physically open all but the first few item specific details. This is really not difficult to do but buyers just can't be bothered - its easier to 'just look at the picture' than to open and read the item specifics and main detail box.

We are constantly getting questions from buyers to which the answers are either provided clearly in the item specifics, or main detail box. We have given up trying to tell them that the information they want is all on the listing and, with a resigned sigh, just keep answering the question with the information from the listing that is clearly stated on there.

Sellers are really going to suffer at the hands of this utter madness of an idea and it's just not right .

Message 59 of 101
See Most Recent

Only Buyers will be allowed to give negative neutral and positive feedback with pictures 😞

Sellers will not be allowed to add any pictures.

Message 60 of 101
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: