Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Charged £150 for shipping for an iPad

Recently, I made an offer for a used iPad for £150 and was charged £300 by the seller, including £150 for shipping. Because it was an offer, I got debited immediately the full amount. I am pretty sure that the auction did not have £150 for shipping, ...

not covered buy ebay money bacl garentee

I cannot believe how I am suppose to be protected by ebay money back garentee bit I seems Ian notI ordered an item I live in a tower block and the everi driver left my parcel outside the door on the ground floor where the caretaker keeps his mops the...

Resolved! 100% refund for a broken radio case (possible?)

Hi. I've bought a bakelite radio, which has a bakelite case. If the case arrives cracked (even if it's a hairline crack) is it possible to obtain a 100% refund? Ok, it looks like such a radio would be classed as furniture by shipping firms, and I've ...

Tent Purchase Gone Horribly Wrong

Hi, We purchased a 6m bell tent at the end of February on eBay from a private seller who stated the tent was only 'one season old and needed a clean'. The pictures showed no serious or visible marks, we accepted that a used tent was not going to be p...

Resolved! Ebay duplicated an order but can't return duplicate because it was a No Returns Policy item.

Seller claims that can't issue a refund because ebay takes payment. All follow-up messages are ignored.Can't get a contact for ebay because the process assumes that can return item, so can't get to an ebay contact.I actually ordered two items (differ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin charge by ebay

Hi, i bought 2 tyres for my car which came with free fitting. When i got there it turned iut i only needed one. The seller agreed to refund 50% of what id paid as i only needed one of the two id purchased. During the comversation relating to the refu...

Feedback error

With the new 'Rate the item' added to feedback it is not allowing you to leave positive feedback with a comment unless you rate the item. How can you rate an item if new and unused. Sill update again.

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching for Leather/Suede items

I often want to buy and so search for leather/suede shoes, boots, sandals, handbags etc., however I am increasingly frustrated that there is not a 100% leather search option, as selecting Leather usually returns Vegan Leather, Polyurethane (PU) Leath...

Resolved! Unable to checkout/complete item purchase

Hi Ebay community, I recently created my account on ebay, added a few items to my watchlist, selected an item to purchase and went through the checkout process to where card details are entered, personal info, etc only to get an error saying the paym...

Resolved! problem with a new old stock item - advice welcome

Hello, I hope someone can advise me re thisI have lots of slendertone devices and recently bought a brand new slendertone controllerThe controllers are little portale battery packs that have a special attachment that fits into the various devices. Sl...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fake silver bracelet - what to do?

I just bought a bracelet listed as 925 sterling silver. As soon as I opened the parcel, I could smell the brass and see brass colour through the platingI messaged the seller, who claims it is sterling. They have no returns. I have reported as fraud b...

Ooops

Ooops.. that didn't go well..

Charity shop again problem

Hi I've had problems with a muliti selling charity shop never selling what they say so since ebay refuse to do anything, i went to a cancer one and brought a item that was cheap compared to the rrp for once but i've got the item and they sent the wro...

Got buying related questions? Start here:
Most Helpful Authors