They will be sentenced later this week.

As it seems nothing will deter them what should that sentence be?

'Silent bomber' couple guilty of plot.

A husband and wife have been found guilty of plotting a terror attack in London ahead of the 10th anniversary of the 7 July bombings.

Mohammed Rehman, 25, discussed targeting the London Underground and Westfield shopping centre on social media under the name of 'Silent Bomber'.

Chemicals for bomb making were found at his Reading home, the Old Bailey heard. He and his wife Sana Ahmed Khan were convicted of preparing  terrorist acts. They will be sentenced on Wednesday.

Mohammed Rehman has said: ''I've rigged my house to blow up at the push of a button at my bedside if the popo try to raid man. NOBODY gets in the way of my Jihad!''.

And at a push of a button! That's a new one. The mind boggles at the fear he has now introduced. And on that comment alone how the hell can he ever be released? Our laws have long since needed updating.  

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

Re: They will be sentenced later this week.

I believe that Timothy Evans was stitched up in court by the real murderer - Christie.  In 1950 forensic science was nothing compared with what can be done today. 

And yes, as I keep saying, I wouldn't advocate capital punishment in anything less than 100% certainty of guilt and where the crime was pre-meditated and probably more than one victim (such as serial killings) - not a fight that went wrong, or a crime of passion or someone being pushed to the limit for whatever reason.  So we can agree that wouldn't be many cases. Whether the re-introduction of the death penalty might deter some people from undertaking multiple cold-blooded murders I don't know, but life in prison doesn't seem to be much of a punishment to fear these days.

Having said all I have in this thread, I have actually surprised myself about how I feel about the death penalty under some circumstances.  For decades I was against it because of even a remote possibility of a miscarriage of justice such as a clever murderer framing someone else etc.

I feel differently about capital punishment since the rise of Daesh. So forgetting serial killers for the moment, but regarding terrorists only - the likelihood is that our prisons will be filling up in the future with 100s of Jihadists whose aim is to kill as many as possible and to incite war to bring about the end of the world.  That has hardened my opinion of what should be done with them.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 41 of 47
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:

I believe that Timothy Evans was stitched up in court by the real murderer - Christie.  In 1950 forensic science was nothing compared with what can be done today. 

And yes, as I keep saying, I wouldn't advocate capital punishment in anything less than 100% certainty of guilt and where the crime was pre-meditated and probably more than one victim (such as serial killings) - not a fight that went wrong, or a crime of passion or someone being pushed to the limit for whatever reason.  So we can agree that wouldn't be many cases. Whether the re-introduction of the death penalty might deter some people from undertaking multiple cold-blooded murders I don't know, but life in prison doesn't seem to be much of a punishment to fear these days.

Having said all I have in this thread, I have actually surprised myself about how I feel about the death penalty under some circumstances.  For decades I was against it because of even a remote possibility of a miscarriage of justice such as a clever murderer framing someone else etc.

I feel differently about capital punishment since the rise of Daesh. So forgetting serial killers for the moment, but regarding terrorists only - the likelihood is that our prisons will be filling up in the future with 100s of Jihadists whose aim is to kill as many as possible and to incite war to bring about the end of the world.  That has hardened my opinion of what should be done with them.

What's the difference between a serial killer like say Fred west and a terrorist killer. Nothing........really, they are both selfish warped minded evil  individuals with a complete lack of respect for life, morals and decency.  Ending their life in this system is no punishment at all. Because even that has to be done humanely. Anything else other than humane makes us as low and uncivilised as they are.  They will be judged (by God) and if found to be deserving of death, they will first be made to know the wrongs they have done, they will certainly know what punishment is.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 42 of 47
See Most Recent

@**bustysinclaire** wrote:

@suzieseaside wrote:

What's the difference between a serial killer like say Fred west and a terrorist killer. Nothing........really, they are both selfish warped minded evil  individuals with a complete lack of respect for life, morals and decency.  Ending their life in this system is no punishment at all. Because even that has to be done humanely. Anything else other than humane makes us as low and uncivilised as they are.  They will be judged (by God) and if found to be deserving of death, they will first be made to know the wrongs they have done, they will certainly know what punishment is.

'Nothing....... really'.    Are you sure? 

Ordinary Criminals are motivated by by their personal needs and the scope of their crime is basically personal. Terrorists have an ideological and doctrinal motivation, particular religious terrorists who are sometimes counted as Martyrs.

In short , a terrorist has a deep-seated political element in his motivation to commit his crime. On the whole, an ordinary criminal does not.

'Judged by God'?  Lets hope so Busty.  Seems the Devil is doing his fair share of judging. 

Message 43 of 47
See Most Recent

And even if there is no God, (as I believe), then ending their life is no punishment either - it's just the end.

Message 44 of 47
See Most Recent

@merehazle wrote:

@suzieseaside wrote:

'Nothing....... really'.    Are you sure? 

Ordinary Criminals are motivated by by their personal needs and the scope of their crime is basically personal. Terrorists have an ideological and doctrinal motivation, particular religious terrorists who are sometimes counted as Martyrs.

In short , a terrorist has a deep-seated political element in his motivation to commit his crime. On the whole, an ordinary criminal does not.

'Judged by God'?  Lets hope so Busty.  Seems the Devil is doing his fair share of judging. 

Am I sure...........?  merehazle xx pretty much yes, as far as,  all acts against another human being like either commit, are evil acts instigated/promoted by the devil/saton. Yes they  are different in the way they are carried out and for different reasons but all stem from the evil that saton controls. Both know right from wrong but have allowed their warped senses to make them desire whatever it is that courses them to take a life, whether it be self gratification or anything else. The same as a lie is a lie big or small........a little white lie is just the same as a whopping great big one  a lie xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 45 of 47
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

And even if there is no God, (as I believe), then ending their life is no punishment either - it's just the end.

Yes creeky,  exactly I quite agree, the terrorists know verybwell the could die themselves while carrying out the attacks the do tells us the fear death not at all. You take away their ability to function in the way the wish and make them aware of it every single day in my opinion would be far more of a punishment. Obviously we to abide by certain rules.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 46 of 47
See Most Recent

Prisons will be breeding grounds for Jihadists, already seen in the US.

Not an effective solution imo.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 47 of 47
See Most Recent