just once a thankyou would be nice

for those of us that take our time to assist you with your problems, which most of which are of your own making, please could you possibly think to give us a thankyou to even acknowledge that you have read the advice you have been given

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Quite agree, problem is many people who post on here think they're talking directly to ebay and expect some kind of personal response, perhaps by phone or e-mail, rather than realising that this is a discussion forum.

Perhaps the "Ask a Question to Other eBay Members" ought to be in 56 point bold font, bright red and flashing.

Plus another big notice pointing out that if you sell something, then you are The Seller and if someone buys something from you, they are The Buyer

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

regardless of who they think they are messaging, surely its not that hard to show some manners?

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Of course it isn't and I would hope that most people do.  I do on the rare occasions when I ask a question and get a helpful reply.

Maybe the less polite are those relatively new to ebay and don't appreciate how much time some members spend helping them.  Also it doesn't help that there has been a big problem with questions posted on ebay over the last month or two and the questions are ending up on various boards rather than the one they are supposed to be on. Ebay are supposedly looking into why this is happening but I'm not sure that his problem is completely fixed yet.    It is entirely possible that some newcomers can't even find the question they asked and so may not see the answers.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

well clearly most people arent or it wouldnt have come to my mind to state this and make a post about it, being new to ebay is no excuse! even my 18 month grand daughter can manage a thankyou!

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

@6969antony wrote:

well clearly most people arent or it wouldnt have come to my mind to state this and make a post about it, being new to ebay is no excuse! even my 18 month grand daughter can manage a thankyou!

No it isn't an excuse, and you are quite right to expect a thank you.   I'm just sayng that some newcomers may not find their questions again with all this board-hopping that has been going on with lots of posts asking questions.   Some may think no-one has answered.  At least this might apply for the last couple of months. 

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

@6969antony wrote:

regardless of who they think they are messaging, surely its not that hard to show some manners?

I blame the parents...........................Man Indifferent

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

What's also annoying is those who ask a question and never return to the thread so no-one knows whether any of the suggestions solved the problem.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

@cee-dee wrote:

What's also annoying is those who ask a question and never return to the thread so no-one knows whether any of the suggestions solved the problem.

I agree CeeDee...especially when you've gone the extra mile and looked up loads of links and taken screen shots etc. and the ungrateful gits can't even be bothered to come back and say thanks and tell everyone that your post was the best  Woman Tongue

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Well I can only speak from a personal perspective but in the same way I don't expect my buyers to leave feedback I don't expect a thank you from a poster when I've been able to give them advice to help them sort out a problem. Yes it's nice when it happens but there really is no point in having that expectation.

Whilst some posters who start threads are a tad confused and think they are 'talking' to members of ebay staff, it is very easy to correct them on that and then go on to give them some advice.  I have found that some responders just tell them that we're not ebay, just ordinary members and leave it at that which is of no help whatsoever to the OP.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

a thankyou serves 2 purposes tho, one of grattitude and the other of knowing that the post has even been reread

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Smiley Very HappyQuestion here

Kudos Here  >>>>

Petal
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

We'll have to agree to disagree then, I don't expect gratitude.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

i dont expect grattitude either but i was brought up to use MANNERS which a sadly lacking in this day and age~(i sound old! im not)

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

At the end of the day none of us have to do it, we do have a choice as to whether we spend any time on the boards.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

$_8.gif 

Petal
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

I said the same thing in CDs thread last week

and as CD said on here,what really bugs Me is

You answer a queation and you never even find out if the person had read your answer

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent