They will be sentenced later this week.

As it seems nothing will deter them what should that sentence be?

'Silent bomber' couple guilty of plot.

A husband and wife have been found guilty of plotting a terror attack in London ahead of the 10th anniversary of the 7 July bombings.

Mohammed Rehman, 25, discussed targeting the London Underground and Westfield shopping centre on social media under the name of 'Silent Bomber'.

Chemicals for bomb making were found at his Reading home, the Old Bailey heard. He and his wife Sana Ahmed Khan were convicted of preparing  terrorist acts. They will be sentenced on Wednesday.

Mohammed Rehman has said: ''I've rigged my house to blow up at the push of a button at my bedside if the popo try to raid man. NOBODY gets in the way of my Jihad!''.

And at a push of a button! That's a new one. The mind boggles at the fear he has now introduced. And on that comment alone how the hell can he ever be released? Our laws have long since needed updating.  

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

Plotting against the state used to be regarded as treason.

Treason used to be punishable by death, and rightly so.

Nothing more to say.

Message 2 of 47
See Most Recent

Just a pity in this case that it can't be rescinded, because this pair of vile and evil degenerates should both be deprived of oxygen ASAP. End of.

Message 3 of 47
See Most Recent

@jd.linklater wrote:

Plotting against the state used to be regarded as treason.

Treason used to be punishable by death, and rightly so.

Nothing more to say.

Well...thank you.   But perhaps there is? 

Well...it seems we had no say. Back in 1998, one of the first laws Tony Blair 'repealed' was the guilty of it, and were very likely to end up dangling from the end of a rope. We should have had our say then. And in light of what is happening to our country, we certainly should have it NOW!  (yes, rights, for us too).

And...I believe it is only treason if you once followed, believed, and entrusted the realm and the way of life of your host country and then going on to betray it. These people were never any of those from the outset to even get to the stage of betrayal . Choosing to come here with only HATRED in their hearts.

May be back later Man Wink

Message 4 of 47
See Most Recent

If you hang these people they become martyrs so advancing 'the cause'.

The most appropriate sentence would be one of life imprisonment in general population with the ability for the parole board to release them on the understanding that they would be deported immediatley on release to Syria as that is the current country of choice for IS.

Thier UK passports should be revoked and they should be stripped of British residency.

That will make them stateless so they would need to be sent to Syria by the RAF and 'dropped off' at some quiet location in Syria to fend for themselves.

That will send out the correct message to others thinking of joining them.

That is assuming, of course, that they survive a few years in general population first.

Message 5 of 47
See Most Recent

@soppysofty wrote:

The most appropriate sentence would be one of life imprisonment in general population with the ability for the parole board to release them on the understanding that they would be deported immediatley on release to Syria as that is the current country of choice for IS.

Thier UK passports should be revoked and they should be stripped of British residency.

That will make them stateless so they would need to be sent to Syria by the RAF and 'dropped off' at some quiet location in Syria to fend for themselves.

That will send out the correct message to others thinking of joining them.

That is assuming, of course, that they survive a few years in general population first.

Not sure that dropping them off would be particularly a punishment, these people are extremely resouceful, and with their mind set would most probably use whatever that situation would arm them with.  I believe keeping them under lock and key and isolation would be the only punishment.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 6 of 47
See Most Recent

He's got a minimum 27 years, she's got a minimum of 25 years but they may never be released.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 47
See Most Recent

They have been jailed for 'life' with minimum terms of 27 and 25 years.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 8 of 47
See Most Recent

Synchronised posting!

Message 9 of 47
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:

They have been jailed for 'life' with minimum terms of 27 and 25 years.

I think that under the circumstances and our more civilised justice system then that is satisfactory.

I personally don't agree with the death penalty. As I believe only God has the authority to judge to the point of taking another human life.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 10 of 47
See Most Recent

It costs close to £40k per year to keep someone in prison. If they both serve their full terms the cost to the taxpayer will be over £2 million. If they are never released and end up spending their rest of their days behind bars, the cost could be double that or more. I fail to see the reasoning behind the state spending such huge amounts of money in keeping people who mean us harm.

Moors murderer Ian Brady has been in various institutions for close on 50 years now, the cost to the taxpayer has been £14 million so far. This is nonsense. 

Message 11 of 47
See Most Recent

I agree.  I was against the death penalty mainly because of the possibility of a wrongful conviction, but in the case of terrorists and treason I would be for it now, provided that the evidence was beyond doubt that an action was planned (as with this couple), or carried out. 

Same for serial killers like Brady where there are no doubts about their guilt.

Message 12 of 47
See Most Recent

@soppysofty wrote:

Then so be it. The less of these barbaric savages there are on the planet, the safer it is for the rest of humanity. They certainly won't be around to bask in the glory of Martyrdom. And as JDL points out in post #11, the cost incurred to the British public to keep these toxic creatures fed and watered, is galling and infuriating.

Return to factory settings, and execute.

Message 13 of 47
See Most Recent

@artful_dodgings wrote:

@soppysofty wrote:

Then so be it. The less of these barbaric savages there are on the planet, the safer it is for the rest of humanity. They certainly won't be around to bask in the glory of Martyrdom. And as JDL points out in post #11, the cost incurred to the British public to keep these toxic creatures fed and watered, is galling and infuriating.

Return to factory settings, and execute.

You miss the point - create a martyr and you don't get fewer of these barbaric savages but more!

As for cost the the same argument can be made, whatever the crime.

Message 14 of 47
See Most Recent

yeah soppy I like that idea "dropped off", maybe from about 25,000 feet without a parachute.

Message 15 of 47
See Most Recent

If incarceration is the correct form of punishment and the cost so high why aren't those imprisoned compelled to do some form of toil that would underwrite some of the cost. Prison needs to be a place of toil, reflection and penance imo.

Message 16 of 47
See Most Recent

My thoughts exactly Suzie......and a short length of rope each for this evil pair.......that'll do nicely.

Message 17 of 47
See Most Recent

@merehazle wrote:

Well...it seems we had no say. Back in 1998, one of the first laws Tony Blair 'repealed' was the guilty of it, and were very likely to end up dangling from the end of a rope. We should have had our say then. And in light of what is happening to our country, we certainly should have it NOW!  (yes, rights, for us too).

Ever since 2004 we are bound by the 13th Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights and while we are party to the convention we can not restore the death penalty.

Message 18 of 47
See Most Recent

@mikes*corvettes wrote:

@merehazle wrote:

Ever since 2004 we are bound by the 13th Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights and while we are party to the convention we can not restore the death penalty.

Thank you. And it would read something like this:

The text of the Convention is presented as amended by the provisions of Protocol No. {CETS no. 194} as from its entry into force on 1 June 2010. The text of the Convention had previously been amended according to thre provisions of Protocol No.3 {ETS no. 45 }, which entered into force on the 21 September 1970, of protocol No. 5 {ETS no. 55}, which entered into force on the 20 December 1971, and of Protocol No, 8 {ETS no. 118}, which entered into force on 1 January 1990, and comprised also the text of Protocol No. 2 {ETS no. 44} which, in accordance with Article 5&3 thereof, had been an integral part of the Convention since its entry into force on 21 September 1970. All Provisions which had been been amended or added by these Protocols were replaced by protocol No. 11  {ETS no. 155} as from that date of its entry into force on I November 1998.  As from that date, Protocol  No. 9 {ETS no 140}, which entered into force on 1 October

1994, was repealed and Protocol  No. 10 {ETS no.} Lost its purpose.

And of course the whole nation knew of this? And understood this?  Here you are Tommy YOU have a go. And report back to me pleaseMan Wink.  Well its all true. Google it and see. Man LOL

Message 19 of 47
See Most Recent

upthecreekyetagain wrote:

'You miss the point - create a martyr and you don't get fewer of these barbaric savages but more!'

No, you miss the point. The point was that was my opinion. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than seeing terrorists and would be suicide bombers and those of that ilk, given the long drop. In such cases I think an exception should be made. Not sure I buy into your theory that for every one disposed of, others will take their place. That's your opinion. It's not necessarily mine.

'As for cost the the same argument can be made, whatever the crime'.

This thread is concerning Rehman and Khan, and not to anyone else who, for whatever reason, happens to be incarcerated. Do pay attention, Creeky..

Message 20 of 47
See Most Recent