Answer
jorika176
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Can I open a new ebay account

Can I open a new ebay account? I cringe when I see 99.4% by my rating unfairly given by a buyer. I did all I could to keep this buyer happy but was still given negative feedback and accused of non communication.  I gave him a full refund but the item was never returned. (I was new to ebay and now know better)

Unfortunately I was not able to deal with this or follow it up effectively as it occurred when my mum became very ill in hospital and subsequently died. 

I would rather loose the 299 good ratings I have to get back to 100% if I can do this by starting again!

Thank you in advance for any advice. I have found this really helpful in the past.  

Accepted Solutions: 4
bikergirl-2008
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jorika176

I wouldn't open a new account just because of one neg.

Sad to say that you could go to the trouble of opening another account and then have someone give you another neg - buyers can leave what they like and there's nothing to stop them.

Take heart that your neg will drop off your ratings at the end of the 12 months then you wont have to look at it.

Your good ratings and comments say a lot more about you as a seller than one neg :-D

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

isisthecat09
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jorika176

Pointless opening a new account. You will be subject to paypals 21 days hold of funds and selling will be harder.

Negs drop off your score after 12 months, so not long before it goes anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Be with those that bring out the best in you, not the stress in you. "

papso22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jorika176

Don't do it!  You have lived with it for 7 months already, just 5 more to go.  You are much better insulated against another negative (not that you will get one), and any low DSRs on an account with some activity rather than a new one, and buyers will have more confidence in you as a seller with your current feedback than with none.  As for the new seller restrictions, I believe you could open a new one and link it to the other one and so not have the restrictions, but don't quote me on that!

1122malcolm
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jorika176

When buyers check feedback they usually look at the latest not at one 7 months old and anyone reading yours I am sure would not take to much notice of it, after all when you buy a used item you cannot expect it to be perfect but to have a mark or two.

Other Answers: 1
jorika176
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jorika176

Thank you to everyone for your advice and quick response! 

It is very much appreciated.