Is Evri killing Ebay?

There are plenty threads with people complaining about Evri, many have replys from happy customers saying  " I havn't had a problem with Evri" but if you did then you would find out just what a joke they are.

The measure of a company is how they deal with problems.

Try contacting customer services! They will email you quick smart.... but its just an automated reply, generic, sent to everyone that starts a chat on line .

Phone them...its no better.

They left my parcel outside in the street,(not the first time) its been stolen (also not the first time).

They have a tracking photo that proves non delivery, its in the street otside my closed door.

Yet ebay say the tracking shows delivered.

The sale of goods act 2015 means nothing to ebay.

For me, Evri is killing Ebay

Message 1 of 59
See Most Recent
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Is Evri killing Ebay?

Possibly eBay could solve any mailing problems by taking over the ailing Yodel.

eBay could then show us, or not, how they can meet those EDD. Get some skin in the game and start delivering instead of just setting delivery dates and talking about it.

Maybe eBay could even get Yodel "working as designed".

Message 21 of 59
See Most Recent

I gave you the kudos because of the 'working as designed' mention.😁

I then nearly took it back, because I thought, what if they did take over Yodel - we would all be forced to only use that service.  Can you imagine? 😲

Message 22 of 59
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

we would all be forced to only use that service.  Can you imagine? 😲

And still get blamed for late deliveries.

Yodel, Evri, useless or not they're all competition for delivering everyone's parcels. If Yodel goes I bet the others prices will end up rising.

Message 23 of 59
See Most Recent

Not wanting to be argumentative but I did say " KNOWINGLY order from someone who thinks like that" guess that would have to include YOU  😉 

yes my current postman, and the chap that fills in when  he is away. Oh and the parcel force driver.  

Message 24 of 59
See Most Recent

Was expecting a parcel from Evri today.

At about 1:30pm I heard a car door bang so got up and stood behind front door.

The parcel was dumped behind my wheelie bin without him knocking.

So not suprising things go missing.

Message 25 of 59
See Most Recent

It's far more likely that they'd just rebrand it YODELbay and tell us "you now have to pay a fee on the fee of the fee because Yodel is part of ebay now" 😭

Message 26 of 59
See Most Recent

My thoughts exactly @bennotbill .

eBay could buy Yodel and, using their famous, never wrong, delivery algorithm, be completely confident to offer 'delivery on time or your money back'.

That would be one up on Amazon.

Message 27 of 59
See Most Recent

Yes, intersting the cosistency of what you describe happening, isn't it ?

That is the number of times virtually identical posts to " I have had no problems with Evri " come up after a post describing what crazy things they have done, isnt it ?

If you have good cause, take them to the Small Claims court, their defence is about as "good" as their deliveries

Always check sellers and be wary of " other courier" that means Evri in many cases.

I have had many experiences similar to yours, their latest one is " obstruction in road prevented delivery"

Nonsense of course, but I think they got scared of claiming they had deivered it when I had my security camera put up

Amazing how they survive isnt it ?

Message 28 of 59
See Most Recent

My latest experience....after the case of the parcel that would have fit through my letterbox being left on my doorstep, after my complaint to evri, to add insult to injury, I come home to find a parcel for my next door neighbour, posted through my letterbox! 
Our doors are 30cm apart and clearly numbered! 
A photo of my door was supplied to my neighbour as proof of delivery.  No parcel in the photo, just my door. 
I guess this makes a nonsense of my supposition that my parcel was left on the doorstep so a photo could be taken of it. 

Message 29 of 59
See Most Recent

I delivered Evri parcels for 3 days as a favour for a friend over an xmas period. Whilst I wouldn't have posted something through the wrong door deliberately, it is easy to enter the wrong thing into the system. It may have been a new driver and just an honest mistake. 

If you have a car maybe you should deliver for them for a few days just to get an insight into it. Houses without numbers shown anywhere on the property, re-named houses instead of number that don't appear on any maps, areas where you have to park 1/4 of a mile away because there is no parking. 1 way systems in rush hour, abuse from people, people refusing to come out so you have to leave it at the door so they can claim it was misdelivered / stolen... you get the gist.

It's not fun when your car is being run into the ground, for very little payment per parcel. Evri get what they pay for, some people are conscientious, some aren't and everyone makes mistakes. 

Message 30 of 59
See Most Recent

Oh they come up with new things all the time

Tried to deliver not in,   tried to deliver customer refused,   delivered to neighbour ( when it was not)   obstruction in street preventing delivery, and so on and on.

Be aware , you might be on their "blacklist"

Yes they have one, they made a mistake and after some hassle from a seller, they relabelled and delivered one parcel to me

The problems was the plonkers left the old label on, and I could see it

It said "abusive customer"

Thats ironic, I took them to court for abusing me, and I won

I am just wondering how I can hurt them most with that label and the results of the court case

Maybe I should start another ??

Defamation, something to do with consumer  protection ?

Havent quite worked it out yet, but with all the evidence I have they wont stand a chance

They wont actually go to court anyway, they caved at the last moment in the previous case, after of course a load of posturing that they would not.

But they did exactly that 🙂

Message 31 of 59
See Most Recent

Well you do sound like abusive customer. And no, internal note is not defamation. You yourself do more harm to yourself here than that note would ever do. While evri is poor delivery company, not everything is excuses. And no need to b***h about parcel which is left with closest neighbour. Buyers who can't collect from neighbour shouldn't be ordering online at all. Most of people don't sit at home all day and couriers will not keep guessing if this one is at home just in a shower and will show up after 2 min of waiting.

Message 32 of 59
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

I have my feelings on Evri and Yodel which are you get what you pay for, inevitably things sent via them to me take longer than advertised.

That said I can't remember the last time they specifically lost anything but the service is often slow in comparison to RM and other more expensive couriers.

It isaa variable thing though, some get a better service from Evri and that is fine, it's a very competitively priced service as well.

If I have the option I will nearly always choose an alternative however.

Message 33 of 59
See Most Recent

I'm sure it's not great working for evri. 
So should i just except the loss of parcels and senseless delivery practices? 

Message 34 of 59
See Most Recent

If you are lucky and have a good driver who has found a way to make it work for them then you are in luck. 
I imagine that a lot of drivers find that the only way to get through the day is to do a sh##e job. 
To have found themselves working for evri in the first place probably means they have limited employment options so do a sh##e job rather than have no job. 
At the end of the day the problems are down to the way the company is run rather than being entirely the fault of the individual driver. 
lts a race to the bottom.... who can be cheapest

Message 35 of 59
See Most Recent

Signed-For Tracking service: I've received numerous parcels using that service. Rarely has it been me who signed for it, as the courier/postman beats me to it. Usually they don't ring the doorbell or knock, or if they do it's as they leave.

It's led to some interesting incorrect spellings of my name, so clearly it's not me who's signing.

Occasionally I've been within a second of two of the front door, opened it and found the courier/postman signing for me. That means the time they're prepared to wait (if at all) is barely one second.

They have no intention of having any contact with the customer, let alone of handing over the parcel (there's a standard lie used a lot on another selling platform "parcel handed to resident").

They treat it as 1. Scan. 2. Drop (yes, drop) parcel. 3. Scarper.

That said, I'm sure most couriers/postmen do have the time, as occasionally I catch them delivering and we have a nice chat, albeit very brief. Often the chat consists of them complaining about their job, especially the pressure, or the bad weather (and once waiting long enough for me to make and take a mug of coffee over to them in their van; very cold weather, mostly sat warming his hands on the mug) but also how nice it is to do a rural run. So if they do have the time = minutes (MINUTES!), at least sometimes, then why not take that time to wait a short while to hand a parcel actually to the customer? Can it be that they're naturally shy and don't want to meet the customer?

Message 36 of 59
See Most Recent

They employ a mix of people in all sorts of situations. The couriers who have their name down permanently on the books with their own route (and are good at negotiating the terms) do very well at it. I saw some couriers were very professional with their set up. Some kitted out their vehicles brilliantly to organise the parcels and could deliver very large numbers of parcels in a day. I could barely get 100 parcels in my car in any kind of system before it became chaos. 

One of my mates delivered evri parcels at a weekend for a while on top of a high flying job. They chose an area well outside of where they live and didn't tell many people but they needed the couple of hundred quid at the time. The point on limited employment options isn't really true, many of the couriers just like the flexible hours or it supplements other income. 

Message 37 of 59
See Most Recent

"Is Evri killing Ebay?" .... Just noticed this thread.  To be fair eBay need no help from Evri - they manage this on their own.

Message 38 of 59
See Most Recent

Evri are particularly bad.

I had a recent delivery.

I heard his car door bang so went to just inside front door.

He didnt even knock just left parcel behind wheelie bin.

Message 39 of 59
See Most Recent

Absolutely, you know how it is for us couriers because you have walked (or ran) in our shoes. When you have eta's to meet sometimes you have to post through the letter box or leave in an enclosed porch because you can't wait for someone to get to the door or you will rack up failures and then not get a bonus. But I always knock or ring the bell too so if they are in they know someone has been.  Way things are going though maybe Amazon will buy Evri and things will just get worse because I worked for them too and you have to do more in an hour and try not to bring any parcels back, which means leaving them in dodgy places or in full view which I don't agree with but a lot of people do it hence so many missing parcels 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Message 40 of 59
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: