Argos in central Manchester claims that the eBay collection systems has been down all day for all UK

I got two emails before 10 am this morning for parcels delivered to Argos in central Manchester (Arndale), but was just told at the collection desk that the system has been down all day, and that the failure applies to the whole of the UK.
Has anyone else seen that the system is down?
Is there a status page? I can't find one.
I did find https://www.ebay.com/sts - but it says no issues across a wide range of services.
The person at the desk said that there is no way for a customer to find out if the system is down - and you just have to trust to luck -- but it's not expected to be out for more than a day.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Argos in central Manchester claims that the eBay collection systems has been down all day for all UK

I got the same in scotland, Bathgate 

Parcel was delivered but no notification and argos code, have wait

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Same in Grantham would have thought they could have done it manually or had a backup solution 

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Same in Bristol. Without the system working they can't process parcels and Argos don't have any alternative procedur. Only hope they will fix it shortly.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Its down in Chichester  but frankly stupid system if no back up 

No use ranting at the Argos staff  as they stuck in the middle 

But no sign of it been sorted 

How do we stand if we cannot get our items ??Refund off who buyer or ebay??

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Same problem in Argos Ross on Wye yesterday, eBay click and collect status shows items as despatched but not reading for collection. EBay tracking shows item as delivered.  Argos staff cannot scan delivered item onto the system so they cannot do anything with them. Argos do not appear to have any fallback procedure!

spoke to eBay customer service yesterday and they suggested I go into Argos and Argos staff will ring EBay to get authority to hand item over.  

Hoping IT has been fixed overnight.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

No its not fixed and customer service told me it may be 48 hrs  

My A rgos say they can do nothing till they scan them in 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

It sorted now. I've just received email with code for collection. Seems Argos' system is back and working now.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

It's still not working in Cornwall, but then even it was working now - How would we know untill a member of staff tries to re-inpunt the ecp code for your specific item? 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: