Is Evri killing Ebay?

There are plenty threads with people complaining about Evri, many have replys from happy customers saying  " I havn't had a problem with Evri" but if you did then you would find out just what a joke they are.

The measure of a company is how they deal with problems.

Try contacting customer services! They will email you quick smart.... but its just an automated reply, generic, sent to everyone that starts a chat on line .

Phone them...its no better.

They left my parcel outside in the street,(not the first time) its been stolen (also not the first time).

They have a tracking photo that proves non delivery, its in the street otside my closed door.

Yet ebay say the tracking shows delivered.

The sale of goods act 2015 means nothing to ebay.

For me, Evri is killing Ebay

Message 1 of 59
See Most Recent
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Is Evri killing Ebay?

If Amazon do take it over, then I hope they overhaul it.

But I imagine they wil mot do so 😞

Message 41 of 59
See Most Recent

Be careful what you wish for 🙂

When Morrison's took over Safeway, some hoped that the standard of Safeway would rise, and that local rural produce would gain higher priority as per Morrison's (well, the branches of Carlisle and others in Scotland, can't speak for all!). It was nice going into the Carlisle Morrison's and browsing the large range of local items.

But instead Morrison's and Safeway standards kind of merged and levelled out, settling a bit below the previous Morrison's standards. Few if any local items were seen, though in recent years they seem to be having a revival due to the national trend of interest in farmer's markets.

Message 42 of 59
See Most Recent

I Think ebay is killing ebay

Message 43 of 59
See Most Recent

I can see delivery vans arrive, and always make sure that the door is open and I'm there waiting for my parcel.  The look of delight on the driver's face is worth seeing!  Just hand the parcel over, quick photo, and gone.

I admire these guys.  It's not a job I would do.  I know they're not perfect, but I think the majority try their best.  What I don't understand is that, if you know you're not going to be at home, why not re-schedule or divert?  My opinion is that it's the buyer's fault if the parcel ends up in the fishpond or left in plain view.  

Message 44 of 59
See Most Recent

Our courier has worked for evri/Hermes for years but is leaving this week because it's become no longer viable to work for them. 

She's says her evri pay is dropping to the level it was 10 years ago because evri is renegotiatiating couriers contracts and cutting costs.

Couriers are being paid less per parcel delivery and evri have stopped bonuses for good courier feedback.

Apparently couriers used to get an extra £40 for a good rating of 48 or more out of 50 feedbacks.

She thinks evri might be going bust like yodel.

But then you'd think if yodels toast there'd be more trade for evri.

Message 45 of 59
See Most Recent

Well she maybe right on some things but definitely not all. I worked for Evri when it was Hermes about 10 years ago. Came back before Xmas because any work is better than no work but chose when and where I work. Yes having ETA's makes the job harder and most customers don't care about the time as along as it arrives on the day (let's face it most are at work anyway). It is harder than 10 years now because you have hello fresh in the mix, bigger boxes that are only half full means a struggle to get them in your vehicle. As for going bust, it is up for sale by the majority share holder and it does have a lot of debt but far from bust. As for yodel they have a buyer now and should go from strength to strength because the buyer also owns an A.I. company and will be putting that in their delivery app, who knows whether it will help. Obviously most companies these days fly by the seat of their pants nothing is secure anymore. Maybe Amazon will buy Evri because Evri has a big contract with them it might make sense but it's anyone's guess.....

Message 46 of 59
See Most Recent

" My opinion is that it's the buyer's fault if the parcel ends up in the fishpond or left in plain view." 

nice attitude! 
Not only would my parcel have fit through my letterbox but the waste of space who left it in plain view had to first walk past my bin/recycling shed.

My postman is smart enough to put any parcel to big for my letterbox in the shed and leave a card. 
The evri driver would have saved himself a walk of about 15 meters had he put it in the shed, no need to post a card, the proof of delivery photo would have shown me where to look. 

Message 47 of 59
See Most Recent

I'm fairly sure you can go into the tracking and change delivery on the day to a local parcelshop. That's your solution if you end up with an Evri delivery again. 

Message 48 of 59
See Most Recent

I did ask for a click and collect from my not so local parcel shop once (8 miles away). Was never notified that it was ready for collection, next I heard it was  being returned to the sender! The sender tried contacting them to complain and insist they actually delivered but got nowhere. 

Message 49 of 59
See Most Recent

I do feel for anyone who finds themselves having to do this sort of work. 
On the subject of AI, I doubt these jobs will be available in the not too distant future, what with the likes of Elon Musk making self driving cars and AI powered robots.
A lot of people will be out of work! 

Message 50 of 59
See Most Recent

Agreed. If they made sensible decisions when a not delivered case was opened due to a parcel being left in an insecure local then this madness would all stop. Delivery costs would rise a bit. Divers would be paid a bit more and customers would get the goods they have paid for! The only ones to loose would be the parcel pilferers. 

Message 51 of 59
See Most Recent

My tuppence worth.

Such dodgy practices are not just confined to evri

A mere 2.5 hours before the time window given

I got a courier text stating my purchase was to delivered, a day before the earliest ebay estimate

A hasty workload reorganisation and I'm at the delivery address, over an hour before the 'window'

(not got t'interweb on the mobile, wouldn't help as a redirection was not offered when I was able to get online)

Then the 'pants on fire' text arrives stating sorry we missed you as no one was in

So my latest 'shiny thang' was going to be delivered to a not so convenient drop shop and to await confirmation.

If there is a silver lining in this scenario it's that further inconvenience is preferable to the phantom **safe place** delivery  ('shiny thang' now happily in my possession)

Point being - even though the buyer can do no more, they are still at the mercy of the courier's vagaries

**still maintain ebay's stance on accepting this delivery definition as good reason to deny an INR is extremely flawed**

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Message 52 of 59
See Most Recent

"let's face it most are at work anyway" - don't forget the "grey" pound, those who can't get out much or at all, and the large numbers of people who WFH.

Message 53 of 59
See Most Recent

Your a lucky one. For me 10 evri delivery fails out of 10 sent. I'm always in health problems mean I can't leave home. I've had all the excuses listed and am now waiting for more parcels to not arrive via this useless mail tampering company. I am seriously contemplating canceling my ebay account after 20 years of using it and all down to too many sellers using a service that let's down the customers  almost daily. Sick of hearing sellers back up these useless couriers over and above their customers experiences. This shows these sellers as complicit in the system that let's their customers down and their lack of empathy is astounding. Ban evri deliveries on eBay and let's get back to the great service we as buyers used to enjoy. 

Message 54 of 59
See Most Recent

An internal note is not internal once it is in the public domain. They did not cover the internal note before delivery therefore making public their deformation. Anyone reading that label be it in warehouse or on delivery or on the street where these things are dumped (not delivered)  has the opportunity to read this deformation of character. This cannot be right and should be challenged at every opportunity. 

Message 55 of 59
See Most Recent

Evri are HOPELESS in my experience.

TWICE in one week I've had items left outside in full view of street, and in pouring rain{ bought from Ebay but delivered by 'Evri'}

Evri are absolutely awful.

I was lucky that the items weren't stolen or destroyed by rain.  The new trousers I bought are airing out as I type as damp from hours [?] out in heavy rain.

WHY are they such a shocking company?

Ebay needs to have it's own dedicated answerable courier company. 

Message 56 of 59
See Most Recent

Same here...parcel dumped next to front door when it would easily have fitted through our deliberately generous sized letterbox.

Item damp from being out in hail and rain.

I saw one driver dump parcel outside  and literallty RUN to the van . They don't give a damn. 

Message 57 of 59
See Most Recent

Mine is two days on the bounce saying "Road closures stopped us". No roads are closed.

Message 58 of 59
See Most Recent

Road closusres now is it ?

They always used to claim there was an obstruction on my road that prevented delivery.....at both ends presumably ?!

You might be on their delivery blacklist, I know I am because they made a mistake and delivered one with the evidence of that on it

Message 59 of 59
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: