Useless vehicle parts results in searches?

Can anybody tell me why, no matter what I'm looking for, eBay always comes up with endless useless vehicle parts results?

I don't have a car and can't drive so these results are a total waste of time and extremely irritating!

Is there no filter that can be applied so that vehicle parts are always excluded?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I sometimes get same sort of thing.

All i do is filter by choosing the suitable categories on the left.

Doesn't always work though !.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

When searching by keyword alone, eBay considers any item listing with the keywords anywhere in the title or item-specifics to be a potential match.

Automotive listings in particular seem to be prone to certain sellers including unrelated spam keywords in the item-specifics so that their listings appear in many possible searches -- and annoy as many users as possible -- even when the item has nothing to do with the search.

If you limit your results to the Parts & Accessories category, you may see some category-specific filter options. Using those can often help.

Try limiting results to "Geniune OEM" under Brand Type to weed out many aftermarket, unbranded or unspecified parts.

You can avoid some keyword-spamming sellers' listings by excluding some totally unrelated makes, models or years in your search keywords, or by excluding a few of those sellers by username.

The narrower you specify your category, the fewer of those listings you will have to deal with.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I have no interest in any vehicle part whatsoever – my interests are electronics and electronic test equipment, and even when I select "Business, Office and Industrial" and "Test, Measurement and Inspection" I'm still getting these endless vehicle garbage results!

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Can you provide a link to your search?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: