Nottingham Trent University (Peregrine's Nest)

Naturally I don't know if anyone would be interested in watching these Peregrine's, live on video camera at the University. 

The eggs surely are soon to be laid. Last year and the year before 3 eggs each time were laid, and all the birds fledged well. 

The female Peregrine has been in the nest quite a bit lately, making the groove in the nest ready for laying. 

Three camera's there as can be seen. One is the distance camera, that gets rotated now and again, for back view, and zooming in. The second camera is always on the nest, that too gets zoomed in at times. Then the third camera is a thermal image. 

Here is the link if maybe anyone would like to watch now and again. I don't know if this link can just be clicked on so the nest can be seen, or just copy and paste it for googling it. 

http://www4.ntu.ac.uk/sustainability/biodiversity/falcons/index.html#

Message 1 of 86
See Most Recent
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Nottingham Trent University (Peregrine's Nest)

I think they must be monitoring it as the camera angle has moved.  Just sent a message on facebook, waiting for a reply.

Message 81 of 86
See Most Recent

Yes,  the staff are monitoring the Peregrine, but what they could do to repair her/his beak is hard to think of. 

Message 82 of 86
See Most Recent

Just got a message back. They think it has been in a fight and its wound looks infected. They are monitoring the situation to see if it clears up. Fingers crossed. 

Message 83 of 86
See Most Recent

Fingers tightly crossed for sure. It looks in a very sorry state. 

Message 84 of 86
See Most Recent

My friend has forwarded this onto me just now. From facebook I think. 

Hi guys. The camera has been moved off the peregrine as people were calling in saying how distressing it was. It does appear that the peregrine has been in a fight. Just so happened the expert was in the office and agreed that and to see how it fairs over night. They deal better with infection than humans. So here's hoping. 

Message 85 of 86
See Most Recent

The university is composed of three colleges and ten schools:

College of Business, Law and Social Sciences
Nottingham Business School
Nottingham Institute of Education
Nottingham Law School
School of Social Sciences
College of Art, Architecture, Design and Humanities
School of Art & Design
School of Arts and Humanities
School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies
College of Science and Technology