It's been a while :-)

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no1-2018-jan-feb/bible-guidance-relevant/

A topic that is being offered for discussion this month. Some may find it interesting xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 1 of 487
See Most Recent
486 REPLIES 486

As I said before, to use multiple IDs is dishonest, disrespectful and deceitful.

To have separate IDs for selling, buying and posting is fine. I also have several IDs but you won't find me posting on the boards with anything other than this one.

In contrast, in the past you gleefully posted on one of the ebay boards a list of some of the IDs you'd used. Making comments to others or about posts with other than the usual posting ID is deceitful to say the least.

Lately, I note you have altered your **bustysinclaire** ID from the one with (at the last count) 1096 F/B to what you're using now with zero F/B. Now why do that if not to deceive or hide something?

As to my taking issue with you, it's the "holier-than-thou" attitude adopted by JWs that I find objectionable. ie, saying what you do as if it's a proven fact that your cult is the way to go. It's not. 

The Universe is absolutely VAST, almost beyond comprehension. It's been around for a very long time and will be for an unimaginable time, a lot longer that this particular Planet which an a few billion years will face destruction by the Sun. On that note, consider this:-

A human being is part of a whole called by us the universe.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 461 of 487
See Most Recent

So when we come across objectionable opinions, that gives us the right to respond in an unsulting, spiteful and disrespectful manor?

Decent folk, will understand that there are opinions different from theirs, they are able to respectfully leave it at that.Woman Happy

Message 462 of 487
See Most Recent

So JWs think they have every right to bore the pants off everyone else while they promote their beliefs by spouting their cultish propaganda?

Do the rest of them also use sneaky, underhand behaviour to make comments in response to others by hiding their true identity?

Live long and prosper.

Message 463 of 487
See Most Recent

So JWs think they have every right to bore the pants off everyone else while they promote their beliefs by spouting their cultish propaganda?

The same as you CD, with your objectionable atheist ramblings and of the universe having no creator and how in millions of years the sun will burn us out. Boring to some I shouldn't wonder but you expect anyone who doesn't have the same views as you to at least respect your opinion. The boredom is not in your control but the one on the receiving of such ramblings.You of course have the freedom to believe what you choose and on a forum such as this the freedom to express those views.

You have on numerous occasions become quite upset when I have, where I feel they are on topic posted my opposing views on your threads and in no uncertain terms requested I refrain from posting them. Does that mean you are entitled to respectful acknowledgement of your rights and wishes but JW's aren't?

Do the rest of them also use sneaky, underhand behaviour to make comments in response to others by hiding their true identity?

This is just your personal opinion.
Although not true you won't want to accept anything different.
In my opinion another sentence constructed to attempt to take it further than just a personal grievence towards one person, but to damage a good peaceable group of peoples reputation in a spiteful way.

How ever you believe we acquired one, we all have a conscience, I believe we were given one by God. We either have a good one or a bad one. If we have been trained to have a good one we will know what is good and what is bad.
The difference between you and I is, I acknowledge that I as a human being have to answer to God, you believe you don't

Message 464 of 487
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Khalil-poem.jpg

Message 465 of 487
See Most Recent

What your cult persists in spouting isn't "the truth" as you put it. It's not a fact whereas the end of the Earth being consumed by the Sun IS a fact. The Earth and all of us are made of the remnants of long-dead stars. 

Looking out in to the Universe, we can see destruction and creation happening. Those are FACTS not mere beliefs.

Were JWs interesting and welcome, they'd be better received on the doorstep. As they're mostly rejected as they thrust the latest watchtower at any poor unfortunate householder who unwittingly answers the door, it shows a complete lack of respect to persist in calling.

I've told you before that what I object to is your continual unwelcome JW propaganda and that if you were communicating without such continual twisting to your beliefs, that would be fine with no problem and the same goes for a face-to-face conversation.

You obviously have no conscience about posting with "other" IDs. It's not "accidental" at all. How do you explain the sheer number and that some are "registered" in different places?

It's quite a while since your gleeful admissions about your numerous IDs but although I've retained a list I didn't save the complete post. I forget now whether it was on a board or in an ebay group but at the time, the way you posted was almost in a boastful manner as if it was something to be proud of.

You're not a "peaceable group" at all. How is "marking" and "disfellowshipping" peaceable? Were you "peaceable", you'd allow (or welcome?) someone standing up and stating their (opposing) point of view so that all could discuss it. However, like some on "social media", you couldn't discuss it without resorting to abuse, heated argument and hostility just short of violence. Many just caannot "discuss", they have to resort to snide remarks and insults because they've never learned (or been taught?) how to discuss things which have opposing or severely polarised points of view. Most just do no understand the difference between argument and AN argument. Many also have no sense of humour and see nearly everything as argumenttive.

Apart from jw.org, where do you see great support for the JW way? What happens when JWs are mentioned? Your view remains "We are right, the rest of you are all wrong." Your beliefs belong with those who believe the Earth is a flat disc!

Live long and prosper.

Message 466 of 487
See Most Recent

CD I think it may have been you I called on a couple of months ago?

I Walked up to a chaps gate where by this elderly gentleman (gentleman open_mouth)  proceeded to shout several expletives and told my friend and I to clear off and don't come near my gate again. Woman Sad

We turned and looked at each other, smiled, brushed the dust off our feet and walked on by.  (Mathew 10:14 Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet)

Thanks CD for reminding us not to call at your door again. Woman Wink

How do you explain the sheer number and that some are "registered" in different places?

I mentioned before, Ive have had 11 accounts over 20 odd years. many of those had several changes of name which you cannot hide as it shows ID history.

My own reasons for new accounts which I don't have to explain to you but perfectly legitimate ones.

It's quite a while since your gleeful admissions about your numerous IDs but although I've retained a list I didn't save the complete post. I forget now whether it was on a board or in an ebay group but at the time, the way you posted was almost in a boastful manner as if it was something to be proud of

I can actually recall that and how appt, it was in reply to you Woman Wink RT probably, how about you going back through the RT pages, you may come across it. I will see it I can find it for you. Woman Happy

You had a list of a few, and right back then you were quite unpleasant with your accusations. So I helped you by stating the others, sarcastically stating you had missed some. 

Gleefully and Proud of?  just your interpretation, you cannot type an emotion, but a reader can assume should they so wish.

I will reiterate never more than 3 registered and active at a time.Woman Tongue Woman Happy

I have a list of ALL ID's and accounts I have ever used. WE CAN COMPARE IF YOU LIKE Woman Happy

The other point I might as well address for you is, you asked how **bustysinclaire**(1096) was then **bustysinclaire**(0)

Well because I had so much of an onslaught of unpleasantness from you  earlier in this thread,  I sent you a private message trying to put you right on a few things and explaining how unkind I thought you were.( I don't recall any rudeness or disrespectful comments to be honest but if you still have the message you have my permission to post it here if you wish)

I then immediately closed that account, I knew I would be unable to read your reply if one was sent, because I was actually not wishing to have another onslaught of verbal abuse. I was however able to see you had replied. (by email too)

After reflecting on my hasty action I opened another account but was unable to open with busty because the ID although NARU was still in use because of the time span needed before absolute closure.

Once Silver Siren became **bustysinclaire** if you search the old busty with the 1096 feedback you will actually get **bustysinclaire**(0) on the screen. Then when reading the this thread you well see both ID's

Make of that CD what ever you will. Woman Indifferent

As for ID's registered in different places, you must have any different to mine mixed up with someone else you are closely watching, Woman Frustrated as I can assure you I have none registered in different places to where I actually live and never have had.

Message 467 of 487
See Most Recent

I've got a little list ,,,,,,grinning

We are many,They are few
Message 468 of 487
See Most Recent

See the source image

Message 469 of 487
See Most Recent

I see you're making a very poor attempt at humour? Fortunately I didn't have any JW callers anywhere near the time scale you're suggesting so you didn't call on me.

When JW's call proffering the latest copy of the watchtower I just point to the bin and say "put it in there please to save me doing it".

When they speak I just say "If you read the Bible properly you wouldn't be doing this". I certainly don't shout nor do I use any expletives to them.

Turning now to the "accounts", there were more than eleven when you listed them and it was not in response to any post of mine.

You're now attempting to invent things that didn't happen and were never said. Long ago I adopted the principle that in any discussion the moment you become personal, abusive, objectionable and heated, you've lost the argument.

You may well regard what I say as "unpleasant", but being truthful is hard for some to take and I see that being truthful isn't your strong point. You've had no unpleasantness from me. Perhaps you could explain what "accusations" I've made about you?

I know full well how people have altered IDs in the same way you have as, in the (now distant) past it happened regularly but in your case I don't understand why you did it. There would never, ever be any interference with a buying/selling account by me.

Sadly, ebay have changed the way that approximate locations for IDs can be found so now I can't locate those.

What you don't know is that some of your past "doings" were pointed out to me by others.... so it's not just me that was aware of what you were doing.

It looks like you're attempting to turn what was my objection to your JW propaganda in to a personal dispute, why's that? I've not made personal remarks about you. How could I? I don't know you. My remarks are about the JW cult.

What sort of people cut off anyone who no longer wish to associate with the ways of the cult? It's because you're afraid that they might "corrupt" others by pointing out the twisted interpretations of what was supposedly said in ages past? By the same token, what sort of organisation "mark" their members? That doesn't sound very nice either.

You sent me a private message "trying to put me right"? WOW, fancy that. Well now, I've just had another look at it. I still have my reply too. You accused me of "turning an innocent thread in to a fist fight"???????

What's innocent about JW propaganda? From what I see, it's unwelcome and unwanted. Your version of "the truth" isn't the truth, it's something that has been cleverly twisted to your point of view.

Twisting the RT in to a "house or city", why not shake the dust off your feet?

Live long and prosper.

Message 470 of 487
See Most Recent

CD Woman Happy

Just letting you know I have read your objectional post.Woman Indifferent

I will continue to share in a friendly manor what ever I wish within the bounderies of the laws of ebay, my conscience and my faith and will of course take full responsiblity for my actions.Woman Happy

On that note I will get back on topic, by sharing this beautiful article about a beautiful insect.Woman Very Happy

The Cabbage white butterfly.

The cabbage white butterfly on a flower

A butterfly relies on the sun’s warmth to heat up its flight muscles before it can flutter off. But on cloudy days the cabbage white butterfly takes flight before other butterflies. What gives it the advantage?
Consider: Before getting airborne, many varieties of butterflies bask in the sun with their wings closed or spread out horizontally. However, the cabbage white butterfly poses in a V-shape. Research has shown that in order to achieve optimal heating, the butterfly needs to hold each wing at an angle of approximately 17 degrees from closed. This posture concentrates solar energy directly onto its flight muscles in the thorax, warming them up for takeoff.

Researchers from the University of Exeter, England, investigated whether they could make solar panels more effective by replicating the butterfly’s V-shaped pose. On doing so, they found that the amount of power produced increased by almost 50 percent.
The researchers also noticed that the surface of the butterfly’s wing is highly reflective. By imitating the V-shaped pose and the reflective wing structure, the researchers produced lighter and more efficient solar panels. These results led Professor Richard ffrench-Constant, a member of the research team, to call the cabbage white butterfly “an expert at harvesting solar energy.”
What do you think? Is the cabbage white butterfly’s V-shaped pose the product of evolution? Or was it designed?

Message 471 of 487
See Most Recent

What's objectionable? Oh, the fact that some things hit home because you know in your heart of hearts they're true and you've no answer to them?

Live long and prosper.

Message 472 of 487
See Most Recent

As long as you're content with your conclusions CD that's fine.

I'm contect on striving to take a firm hold on the real life. Xx 😐
Message 473 of 487
See Most Recent

The real life is not the JW way. You stick with what you want to do, the rest of us don't want to know.

Live long and prosper.

Message 474 of 487
See Most Recent

😐
Message 475 of 487
See Most Recent

I found this very appt. on a personal level at least.

Taken from "Examining The Scriptures Daily"

Thursday, June 20
Jehovah is my share . . . That is why I will show a waiting attitude for him.​—Lam. 3:24.

Each one of us needs to be willing to wait, to show a patient attitude. But what will help us to do this? Pray for God’s spirit. Remember, patience is an aspect of the fruitage of the spirit. (Eph. 3:16 - I pray that he may grant you through the abundance of his glory to be made mighty in the man you are inside,+with power through his spirit, Eph 6:18  - while with every form of prayer+and supplication you carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit.+And to that end stay awake, constantly making supplication in behalf of all the holy ones.

1 Thess. 5:17-19 - pray constantly.+ 18 Give thanks for everything.+This is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 19  Do not put out the fire of the spirit ).

Plead with Jehovah to help you to endure patiently. Remember, too, what helped Abraham, Joseph, and David to wait patiently for the fulfillment of Jehovah’s promises. It was their faith in Jehovah and their trust in his dealings with them. They did not focus just on themselves and their personal comfort.

As we contemplate how well things worked out for them, we too will be encouraged to show a waiting attitude. So even though we face tests and trials, we are determined to show “a waiting attitude.” Yes, at times we might cry out: “How long, O Jehovah?”

(Isa. 6:11 - At this I said: “How long, O Jehovah?” Then he said: “Until the cities crash in ruins without an inhabitant And the houses are without people And the land is ruined and desolate )

But with the strengthening power of God’s holy spirit, we can echo the words of Jeremiah in today’s text. 

Message 476 of 487
See Most Recent

Live long and prosper.

Message 477 of 487
See Most Recent

Aaaawwwww Jehovah's definitely blessed her with a beautiful voice. Woman Happy

Message 478 of 487
See Most Recent

So how does the Watchtower explain the fact that most humans contain some Neanderthal DNA in their genome, and Denisovan DNA also? Neanderthals died out about 40,000 years ago, long long before humans that you claim are only 6000 years old.

I could never accept this age for humans as I am a scientist and see so much evidence for evolution of Homo sapiens from earlier hominids, and I think modern genetics are going to make your JW view increasingly harder to explain away. 6000 years is nothing in evolutionary terms and I have argued before about modern human remains and artifacts as being far older. No need to go into your beliefs about dating errors, we have been there and I cannot agree.

Nevertheless I am curious as to how your source of research (Watchtower publications only) deals with our advancing knowledge of genetics and the incorporation of DNA from Neanderthals for example.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 479 of 487
See Most Recent

I wasn't going to post on this one again unless......

You've just struck a chord there as not long ago I said to someone else that many years back I was at the site of an old quarry up a mountain overlooking the Dee Valley and I was showing the kids seashells embedded in the rock. Science (and scientists?) will tell us that rock was under the sea millions of years ago but the poor deluded ones will say "god" created it like that. Amazing innit?

Live long and prosper.

Message 480 of 487
See Most Recent