It's been a while :-)

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no1-2018-jan-feb/bible-guidance-relevant/

A topic that is being offered for discussion this month. Some may find it interesting xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 1 of 487
See Most Recent
486 REPLIES 486

The corona virus is more evidence we are deep into "The last days"

What Is the Sign of “the Last Days,” or “End Times”?

The Bible’s answer

The Bible describes events and conditions that would mark “the conclusion of the [current] system of things,” or “the end of the world.” (Matthew 24:3; King James Version) The Bible calls this time period “the last days” and the “time of the end,” or “end times.” (2 Timothy 3:1; Daniel 8:​19; Easy-to-Read Version) The following are some outstanding features of last-days, or end-times, prophecies:
War on a large scale.​—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4.
Famine.​—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:​5, 6.
Great earthquakes.​—Luke 21:11.
Pestilences, or epidemics of “terrible diseases.”​—Luke 21:11, Contemporary English Version.

Increase of crime.​—Matthew 24:12.
Ruining of the earth by mankind.​—Revelation 11:18.
Deterioration of people’s attitudes, as shown by many who are “unthankful, disloyal, . . . not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride.”​—2 Timothy 3:​1-4.
Breakdown of the family, with people who have “no natural affection” and children who are “disobedient to parents.”​—2 Timothy 3:​2, 3.
Love of God growing cold in most people.​—Matthew 24:12.
Noteworthy displays of religious hypocrisy.​—2 Timothy 3:5.
Increased understanding of Bible prophecies, including those related to the last days.​—Daniel 12:4.
Global preaching of the good news of the Kingdom.​—Matthew 24:14.
Widespread apathy and even ridicule toward the evidence of the approaching end.​—Matthew 24:37-​39; 2 Peter 3:​3, 4.

The simultaneous fulfillment of all these prophecies, not just a few or even most of them.​—Matthew 24:33.

Are we living in “the last days”?

Yes. World conditions as well as Bible chronology indicate that the last days began in 1914. At that time, God’s Kingdom began ruling in heaven, and one of its first actions was to expel Satan the Devil and the demons from heaven and restrict their activity to the earth. (Revelation 12:​7-​12) Satan’s influence on mankind can be seen in many of the bad attitudes and actions that make the last days “critical times hard to deal with.”​—2 Timothy 3:1

We are living in the times of the four horsemen.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no3-2017-may/who-are-the-four-horsemen/

Message 481 of 487
See Most Recent

I noticed on the new topic I started about the above, a poster commented on their observation of both.

Ssorry. there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for that.

I had spent a good while typing  editing and  highlighting the above and clicked post on to have have the pick message that comes up telling me my post had been marked as SPAM Cat LOL so I re posted in a new message, and got inforormed of the sameCat Embarassed

I then asked the mods why and in the morning they were both active, so, so sorry. Cat Sad

I do know there was no need to post twice.

Message 482 of 487
See Most Recent

SPAM was a good call
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 483 of 487
See Most Recent

Hello Harry...😀...just wanted to say that I love this verse, even though I am a non-religious person. Thank you for posting....although I only just read it! Look after yourself...x

Message 484 of 487
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Astro, Hi Suze,

Hope you are both well. Not much we can do about things at the moment and as we know the best chairs up there are reserved so we are doooooooooomed grinning

Message 485 of 487
See Most Recent

You are quite right Harry...not much we can do, except follow the advice. I'm in the bunker now for the duration. A bit of sun would be nice though.🌞🌞🌞

Message 486 of 487
See Most Recent

Hi Harry, stay well 🥰
Good luck in the bunker astro, 🥰 do you have a garden?
I don't but am hoping to spend a lot of time in my allotment as long as I stay well, which amounts to isolation but in fresh air so much better.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 487 of 487
See Most Recent