Iv'e never had much time for politicians but......

I have began to realise that it must be an incredibly difficult job to be a PM ,trying to balance things and keep things going but at the same time trying to keep people safe.

So very difficult and so very complicated.Makes my life seem so simple now.

To put what i am trying to say into context the following came to mind.

Jack Nicholson once starred in a film called  A Few Good Men.

This ,erm ,speech is from that film.

I don't know why i think of it now but i feel that it has some relevance to how it must be for the PM and others like him in other countries.

Lieutenant J.G. Daniel Kaffe: "You cant handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has walls, and those have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!"
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Iv'e never had much time for politicians but......

I think the Government is completely out of their depth, and it isn't surprising. 

How do you deal with something that is so unprecedented? There are no rules to follow,

I think he's doing OK and I salute him. 

I wouldn't have his job for all the loo rolls in Tesco Woman Very Happy

******************************************************************************************