It's been a while :-)

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no1-2018-jan-feb/bible-guidance-relevant/

A topic that is being offered for discussion this month. Some may find it interesting xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 1 of 487
See Most Recent
486 REPLIES 486

She was getting on a bit, Welsh, a bit slow & incontinent poor thing. They were kind enough to do her shopping, & clean her house,not asking for a penny

They even offered the same to the old man up the road, who had never married & lived in his shed

When he was taken ill, they had to break in and found lots of women's clothes , some of which he was wearing at the time

Sad case alas

Message 441 of 487
See Most Recent

Oh dear Gary..that is so sad.😰 But I'm sure the JW's were a remendous help to them.

Message 442 of 487
See Most Recent

The Bbible has an abundance of practical advice. How to stay healthy, importance of sleep etc, and the official website continues with every kind of help and support anyone could ever need.

So the Bible is certainly a book for today, it isnt a book just for learning about christian history itis like a guide book for life istelf.

An example

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201506/improve-your-health/#?insight[search_id]=a353a4...

Message 443 of 487
See Most Recent

If that's the case, why has the JW organisation got pages and pages and pages and pages of gibberish telling everyone (in the cult) how to go on and is continually bringing out more?

Why are elders all men and why is the Co-Ordinator of the body of elders supposed to be less than 80 years old? Why does the organisation regard members as "Publishers". Why have hundreds of forms for just about everything like Field Service forms (S4), House to House records (S8) or Meeting Attendance records ((S88)? Why have Publisher record cards (S 21) and why do all the elders have access to them? Why send those record cards to another KH if a member moves? 

Keeping tabs on members seems a weird (if not sinister) way to go on?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 444 of 487
See Most Recent

No one could ever convince me it’s right to split families up for choosing a different religion.

I read JWs are responsible for breaking up over a million families,that seems very sinister to me if it’s true.

Message 445 of 487
See Most Recent

Not to mention the number of suicides that have resulted from shunning.
Or the way Elders have 'dealt' with child abuse.
In the name of a 'true' religion !!!. It disgusts me.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 446 of 487
See Most Recent

Yes it was remendous laughing

Message 447 of 487
See Most Recent

If I beleived all the accusations against the organisation then I would be disgusted too  x

But I know them to be false and I know how and why.

It is all down to Satan the first opposer of God, he is doing all he can to mislead the entire world of mankind.

If he was able to deceive Adam and eve then he is able to do it with everyone else. He knows what works with every single one of us to make us doubt, disbelieve and turn away from the true God.

I feel sorry for everyone because they just don't know what he is doing.

Think!!!!  As the only place to find reliable, truthfull and honest information about Gods word the bible is JW.org everything else out there for you to read will be false, because it is written by Non believers many who are Ex JW's too, they are not going to give true accounts and information. That is a good reason why the organisation only uses the official website, and print there own literature, the only information to be trusted.

Satan can manipulate anything he wants to have the desired effect it has, namely mislead and turn people away from God. Media ex JW's, non believers etc. He makes life look so much better without our Creator.

2 Peter 3:9  God wants everyone to gain everlasting life.

Is Satan a real person?

“The original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, . . . is misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—Revelation 12:9.

WHAT PEOPLE SAY

Some believe that Satan the Devil is not a person but, rather, the abstract quality of evil that exists inside each person.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Satan is a real person. He is a rebel angel, a spirit creature who opposes God. The Bible calls Satan “the ruler of this world.” (John 12:31) He uses “lying signs” and “deception” to accomplish his aims.—2 Thessalonians 2:9, 10.
The Bible records a conversation in heaven between Satan and God. If Satan were a mere symbol of the evil that exists inside each person, how could God, who is perfect and morally unblemished, have been talking to an evil part of himself? (Deuteronomy 32:4; Job 2:1-6) Clearly, Satan is a real person and not merely a personification of evil.

WHY SHOULD IT MATTER TO YOU?

Satan’s reasons for wanting you to believe that he is fictitious are similar to those of a criminal who hides his identity so that he may continue to break the law undetected. To protect yourself against Satan, you first need to acknowledge that he exists.

Where does Satan live?

“Woe for the earth . . . because the Devil has come down to you.”—Revelation 12:12.

WHAT PEOPLE SAY

Many believe that Satan resides in a fiery hell at the center of the earth. Others feel that he exists inside bad people.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Satan is a spirit creature, so he lives in an invisible realm. For a time, Satan was allowed to move about at will where God and the faithful angels reside. (Job 1:6) Now, however, he has been evicted from God’s presence and, along with other wicked spirit creatures, is confined to the vicinity of the earth.—Revelation 12:12.
Does this mean that Satan is limited to one specific place on earth? For example, you may have read that the ancient city of Pergamum was said to be “where Satan is dwelling.” (Revelation 2:13) Actually, that expression alluded to the concentration of satanic worship there. Satan does not call any one physical place on earth home. Instead, the Bible says that “all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth” are his.—Luke 4:5, 6.

Can Satan harm or control people?

“The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”—1 John 5:19

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Most of mankind have yielded to Satan’s misleading influence and have thus come under his power. (2 Corinthians 11:14) This fact helps explain why humans have been unable to improve world conditions.
The Bible also records more extreme cases, in which Satan or other rebel angels have taken control of people and caused them physical harm.—Matthew 12:22; 17:15-18; Mark 5:2-5.

WHAT YOU CAN DO

You need not dread Satan’s power. To avoid coming under Satan’s influence or control, you need to learn how he manipulates people, so that you are “not ignorant of his designs.”(2 Corinthians 2:11) By reading the Bible, you can obtain vital knowledge of Satan’s tactics and thus avoid becoming a victim.
Get rid of any paraphernalia associated with demon activity. (Acts 19:19) That includes amulets, printed matter, videos, music, and computer applications that promote spiritism or divination.
“Oppose the Devil,” says the Bible, “and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7) By obeying the Bible’s wise counsel, you can protect yourself against Satan’s evil machinations.—Ephesians 6:11-18

The following link is very informative of who satan is and why and how he is resposible for everything in opossition to God.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003845

Message 448 of 487
See Most Recent

If the accusations are false, why are there pages and pages in the Flock book dealing with "wrongdoing" and "offenses"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 449 of 487
See Most Recent

Isn’t disfellowshipping and shunning a fact, not an accusation?.

Message 450 of 487
See Most Recent

Best add "Marking" and "Disassociation" to those?

Live long and prosper.

Message 451 of 487
See Most Recent

Hi margaret, yes it is but if you take notice of all the non organisation information, reports ex jw accounts etc you won't get a truthful factual account of what, why, and how. It will always be bias against because that is how Satan influences/manipulates it.

I know I have answered you about disfellowshipping before, even if you disagree with it I am confident the account you would get from a disfellowshipped person would be made to look far worse, they would make it look like victimisation mainly because they would not admit to being and are at fault and are unrepentant.  If you follow the principals of the faith then you won't be disfellowshipped.

Dissasociation is a litte different as the ex JW has chosen not to be a witness anymore, they have put themselves out if you like, their choice.

Message 452 of 487
See Most Recent

In denial as usual. I wrote facts, not a belief. The facts are from the book I mentioned.

As you're not supposed to even know about the existence of "Shepherding the Flock" let alone to be actually reading it, you won't know about the contents. Now why is there a reference to "slaves" in it? 

The cover has a flock of sheep on it, hmmmmm, all sheep to the slaughter?

You're comfortable with your belief. That's for you, the rest of us don't want to join, be "educated" by you, preached to or agree with your twisted, altered and distorted version of Christian beliefs so best keep them to yourself because your supposed facts are just not true.

Live long and prosper.

Message 453 of 487
See Most Recent

I'm sure some think they speak for everyone, that however isn't a fact

Posters can decide not to believe, that is their choice

What they can't do, is determine board policy. That is ebays choice and rules, not individuals

Message 454 of 487
See Most Recent

Rather a looonnnnggggg read dizzy_face

Message 456 of 487
See Most Recent

This promise of a ressurection, sounds like it's a very good promise to me.Woman Happy

Message 457 of 487
See Most Recent

Said goodbye to my beautiful sister yesterday, what a beautiful service we had. Celebrating her short life.Woman Indifferent

I do think though it isn't goodbye more like aurevoir, as she has the hope of the resurrection guaranteed, I know we will be reunited with all our loved ones. I have no doubt.

What an ease of heart we have been blessed with.Woman Very Happy

Message 458 of 487
See Most Recent

Sad that your sister died aged only 57 but isn't it a time for some reflection?

Taken from your JW website, you're supposed to have values,  "These values, as taught in the Bible, promote well-being and respect for others, along with such qualities as honesty and kindness."

Now isn't it dishonest and downright deceitful not to say disrespectful to use at least 26 different IDs (and those are only the "known" ones) on the boards to disguise your identity?

I suppose like all cults, you make up or twist everything including the "rules" to suit yourselves?

Live long and prosper.

Message 459 of 487
See Most Recent

Well dear Old RT CD, I've been humming and harring whether to reply or not.

Of course I don't really  have to answer to you how I post on the RT or explain why I choose to have more than one ID, there are a good few decent posters who have been accepted as having more than one.

to use at least 26 different IDs (and those are only the "known" ones) on the boards to disguise your identity?

Now if that was the case could you blame me considering the rather unfriendly and sometimes insulting responses (from you) as Busty, the ignoring I am not bothered by because its a matter of choice who any one responds to.
If I was trying to disguise my identity why would I change my Id back to bustysinclaire?

Could it be that, that is why you are so disturbed by my posting because you have responded to an ID not knowing it was me, that you don't want to be friendly towards me. That must feel horrible CD.

Like wise as silver siren posted on this thread you never responded, happy to scroll past uninterested but as soon as busty did you immediately respond. You weren't aware of the posts content until you read it so its clear isn't it your intention was to look for another opportunity to be anything but friendly? Vendetta?

What does it say about a poster who keeps account of anothers ID's?

I've been an Ebay member for 20 odd years, I've had approximately 11 accounts opened and closed for several reasons and because I have chosen to come and go. Never more than 3 open at a time. Originally the reason for that, like many other Ebayers, was one for buying one for selling and one posting ID. Over the years I have got forgetful with which I was posting with and which I was selling with lol. I gave up trying to keep separate.

How ever I post, with whatever ID, I am still me, and I post respectfully and courteously, never with bad language or disgusting content, and with a friendly manor.
This is a discussion forum where one ID will respond to another and that is all.

So On reflection
The forum means different things to different people. It is not real life as such just a place for friendly interaction of opinions and passing the time in a casual manor. Of no great importance.(no offence meant to all who show me respectful friendliness.)

So the words dishonest, disrespectful and deceitful are very strong. Far too harsh and untrue.

The only thing I will admit to being guilty of is perhaps naivety when posting with a new account and ID after regretfully closing my long standing 100% feedback **bustysinclaire** ID, and not expecting the continuation of certain harsh and unkind posts.

Nice people though, can be quite naive when dealing with others because they are usually quite trusting and don't think the worst of them.

As I have said I don't really have to answer to you or explain my choice of how I use my accounts but with such harsh accusations it goes a little way to defending myself.

As for your last sentence.

I suppose like all cults, you make up or twist everything including the "rules" to suit yourselves?

Why the need to add that?

Doesn't that clearly show vindictive spitefulness?

And perhaps it will do us both good to heed some of Eisteins words you were happy to quote on another thread.

An Einstein quote that applies to here:-

Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.

Message 460 of 487
See Most Recent