Setting default search settings

Does anyone know how to set the default search location? Every time I search for something, I have pull up the filters and change to "U.K.". I don't search for the same items every time, so can't set a saved search. Thanks! Tracy

Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Setting default search settings

You are very welcome!

Message 21 of 42
See Most Recent

Yes you can, as explained further down this post. You can sey it in the app which also sets it when browsing using a pc

Message 22 of 42
See Most Recent

If ebay.co.uk set it as UK only by default then you might have a point, but we are talking about an individual user being allowed to customise what they see by default without having to set it every time a search is performed. If a user never buys from overseas then they should have the option to set a default region for searches.

Message 23 of 42
See Most Recent

3 years of getting annoyed every time I have to change the setting.. then I find your solution. Many thanks

Message 24 of 42
See Most Recent

You are most welcome. Better late than never!

Message 25 of 42
See Most Recent

Wheres the unhelpful button? Im not going to pay £80 to get some *bleep* shipped from the USA or whereever, ever. So it just clutters my results. Sounds like you pull this answer out your *bleep* anyway.

Message 26 of 42
See Most Recent

I can't see ANY padlock to lock default location setting to, say, U.K.

Message 27 of 42
See Most Recent

I can't see ANY padlock to lock default location setting to, say, U.K.

You should see the padlock icon once you have selected a filter option if you have enabled lockable filters in your Filter menu Customize section.

Message 28 of 42
See Most Recent

Ebay would only be in breach of contract if they choose to write the contract in that way. It's entriely up to ebay to decide and they have clearly chosen to prevent buyers setting sensible filters.

Message 29 of 42
See Most Recent

And who cares about that? It's a shop. We are the customers.

Message 30 of 42
See Most Recent

I want UK & Europe - it only lets me choose one or other. Is there a way around that?

Message 31 of 42
See Most Recent

Message 32 of 42
See Most Recent

buzzbee2002

Thanks, this solves one of eBay more annoying traits!  It seems to be working fine on Firefox 116.0 & Redirector 3.5.3.

BTW: you also accidentally solved something else that was puzzling me - what was the name of the yellow bird that BT used in adverts a few decades ago!

Message 33 of 42
See Most Recent

Works a charm, thanks

Message 34 of 42
See Most Recent

'Continet / Continental region'  at least as per actual/real web search options -  at least the bright ones couldn't vote ourselves away from that one.

The browser plugin allows:

Settings

Only search for items in my country
Only search for items in my continent
Only search for items in my continental region
Disable

Not sure on the difference is between continent or continental region is froma  UK perspsective, maybe all countries geographically within Europe  vs the EEC 'region'.

Message 35 of 42
See Most Recent

If I set a search to UK only with a UK delivery address and save that search. When I switch my delivery address to my US locker and use the same search, does it look for "US only"?

or do I have to set up two separate saves searches one with uk only and one with us only? And use the appropriate one when I switch my delivery address?

Thanks 

Message 36 of 42
See Most Recent

Thank you!!

Message 37 of 42
See Most Recent

Ah but - what if you're not appreciative of Apps and are a real browser user, windows/Mac/linux etc. where's the inclusion.

Message 38 of 42
See Most Recent

If you use a desktop browser you may be able to install a third party browser add-on that allows you to override eBay's default item location setting. Take a look at an add-on called "eBay item location -- my country only" and see if it works with your setup.

Message 39 of 42
See Most Recent

Thanks for that information,  I wassick of getting g caught out buying from over seas.

Message 40 of 42
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: