Is anyone else having problems contacting sellers?

I have tried numerous times to contact sellers about items that I am interested in, to get more information. However none of them, 3 in the last few days, have responded to me. Is this a technical issue or just a lot of very rude sellers?

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

A few people have reported not receiving messages recently.

Or could be the messages are received just ignored in your case. You cannot know. 

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass.
Dogen
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Many sellers do not bother to reply or are too busy.  It is possible I believe for them to opt out of messages. 

The reason possibly is that they feel [possibly with justification] that "it should all be in the listing"!

@aziggo77 

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

I can't even send a message to a seller...when i press 'contact seller' , the page just hangs for 20 seconds or so, then gives a page error....tried on 3 browsers with same result.

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

yes,  a serious tech issue/error with messages that happened in the last 2 days,

there are a few threads describing the problem :

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Access-issues/m-p/7203420#M10611

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

Yes it would be great if it were all in the listing, however many times I have had to get clarification as the photos which show "everything that is included" are of such bad quality that it isn't possible to tell what is there and what is missing. 

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi @aziggo77 

There was a Tech Issue with the messaging system but a fix has been rolled out. Are you still have an issue?

Thanks,

Dave.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Seems to be sorted now - thanks

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

Thank you, it seems to have been solved, one of the sellers responded anyway. 

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

I'm a seller and are having problems as well with contacting customers when there buying from me can't send them messages to let them know about sending packages or communicate with them 

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi. Yes I'm still having problems trying to contact sellers to ask relevant important question  regarding item they're selling.

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Yes, did you get it resolved?

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

I am still having problems Dave, so much so that I am considering abandoning eBay. 

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi @antgoo-33 

There were some reports of this happening again recently but this should have been resold yesterday. 

Ive sent your details on to Tech to be investigated further. I'll come back to you with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

What have I to do to can write to sellers?

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Looks like a seller has switched off messages, no way of contacting them, this is troublesome. Seller won't accept offer but I can't explain why it's lower. Thier ad says perfect and it is clearly not, I see damage and can't communicate so both of us are going too lose out!

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

"Seller won't accept offer but I can't explain why it's lower."

Why can't you?

there's a message facility on best offers window.

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

I am finding you cannot even ask the seller a question any more.   One of my items has developed a problem and I cannot contact the seller.

it really is not good enough. Service has definitely gone.   All this automaton, the poor paying customer just has to lose out.

Madeleine from Tonbridge, Kent

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

A few minutes ago I saw one seller's two listings, both offering a set of the same kind of craft items, and I thought I'd buy both sets. However, the product title says 12 items but on scrolling down it says 9 items, for both products.

I considered contacting the seller to clarify, then decided there were other sellers so I didn't (and thus didn't buy).

There ARE times when a seller needs to be available.

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

Yes I  have been trying to contact a seller for a few days for a faulty purchase the funny thing is I  was able to contact another seller tried to contact eBay but getting nowhere any advice

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: