Ebay unable to support this bank (Virgin Money)

I recently opened a new business current account with Virgin money but received an error when trying to link it to my ebay account. The error says that ebay does not support this bank but I have used another account with the same bank on ebay for 14 years. Virgin customer service says they have no issues with Ebay and Ebay customer service have been unable to explain this to me, I am currently waiting on a response to my last query but this is unfortunetly putting things on hold for me right now.

Has anyone had a similar experience, particuarlly with a Virgin Money account and if so what was the outcome?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Are you using that bank to receive payments on your other account,  or just to make payments?

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Sorry if that was a little unclear and thanks for the response.

I have had 1 bank account linked to my ebay account since it was created which has been used for both making and receiving payments. I recently opened a new bank account (with the same bank) and am now trying to link this to my ebay account (for both sending and receiving payments), I would like to remove the old one and use this one only moving forward. 

I have tried the 'add new account' option and have also tried to remove the old one first (as it then asks you to enter details of a new one before it will allow it).

Ebay gives a list of banks which doesn't include Virgin money but gives the option to manually enter account details if the users bank is not there, but when I enter the details that is when I receive the 'this bank is not supported' error message.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Have you sorted this, as I've got a similar issue?

My friend has been using Virgin Money for a while as their bank on ebay, so I decided to switch from Barclays to Virgin but ebay says it's not supported!

Cheers

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: