EDD's shows same day delivery as dispatch day for 2 class post ! also wrong time zone shown

marco@ebay

Just looked up the EDD's for my weekend's sales I only just posted today, all show "ARRIVES TODAY" !!!

yet I only added tracking & dispatched them today around 1PM  using 2 class post (RM48) that takes 2-3 days to arrive, so why is ebay promising my customers that orders POSTED PM TODAY will ARRIVE TODAY !?

That is faster then light delivery, Royal Mail has't got Time Machine to deliver items.

Please have a look into this.

Also all my orders dispatched today, show wrong time of "tracking added" as early morning, anything between 1AM - 5AM ! why ? again all my items were posted & marked as dispatched at the same time around 1PM. & not during the night when I was asleep.  Why the huge time discrepancy ?

4.png

Anyone else ntoiced this ?

Message 1 of 53
See Most Recent
52 REPLIES 52

EDD's shows same day delivery as dispatch day for 2 class post ! also wrong time zone shown

Question:

WHY IS EVERYTHING WORKING CORRECTLY in the "Estimated delivery dates" table on the auction page for "Express Delivery (Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) 1:00 pm)" with my settings (below)? There are no errors. I tested and checked it for two weeks at different times of the day, different hours even at night (I'm fed up, but...😉). After 2:00 p.m., the date correctly changes to the next working day (for me, after 2:00 p.m. on Friday, Monday appears as the delivery day).

My settings:
Auction option: Same day or 1 day or 2 days (three tested)
Working day: Monday - Friday (options selected)
Cut-off times for same day dispatch: 14:00

I don't know how it will be after the purchase and whether the dates will change in the order for "Express Delivery (Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) 1:00 pm)", because no one buys this method from me (approx. 1 person per 3 months).

With these settings (mine), this is the ONLY one that works correctly and you should take this as a reference point - compare this script with others. No other configurations work properly!

Cut-off times for same day dispatch: "Not offered" - (at the moment) all shipments have been "calculated" for 15/02 (Thursday).

Correct me if I wrote the text incorrectly in English.

Message 41 of 53
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

including your experiences as a seller

Isn't that one of the problems.

As it says "Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, dave@ebay, and katie@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling". It says knowledge and not experience. There's a world of difference between the two.

Message 42 of 53
See Most Recent

"working as intended", "nothing wrong", "no issues with EDD's", etc.

Just to keep it current as nothing has been fixed to date, the latest bunch of my orders dispatched Monday, same EDD's errors as my earlier post about EDD's to Northern Ireland :

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 09.59.23.png

Message 43 of 53
See Most Recent

I've also had the one day delivery second class which was last week. Sent and delivered same day. 
The buyer paid very late at night. 8 February at 11.55pm. To arrive also the next day (9th) ?? Second class via Royal Mail. 

She then started  complaining it hadn't arrived on the that day and I explained it would take 3-5 working days to get to her. 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 44 of 53
See Most Recent

I have followed this thread with interest..

I too am experiencing these bizarre EDD given by eBay - my tracking uploads are timed at 7 hours before i actually uploaded them, I can live with that...

What I CANNOT live with is eBay telling us it is "working as designed" and that there "are no faults ot issues" and giving my buyers an EDD which is THE SAME DAY i have posted an item.

I find it comical that Ebay can say that the EDD's are "dynamic" and are based at least  to some degree apparently on information they receive from couriers - WOW RM are very impressive then are they not?

They inform eBay of when i have posted an item and indicate to them that they will be delivering this the same day i posted it..that's amazing isnt it, especially when i have posted it 2nd class...

This really does need resolving a a matter of some urgency or i can see a MASSIVE issue coming down the line..

I have taken to informing buyers to completely IGNORE the EDD given to them as there is clearly an issue which eBay are in denial about..

Message 45 of 53
See Most Recent

All 7 issues still continue, been 6 weeks since I reported it, yet totally ignored & no fix.

The latest orders for 2 class post items bought last night that will be posted later on today the moment I printed the postage label shows SAME DAY DELIVERY AS DISPATCH OR NEXT DAY EXPRESS DELIVERY.

marco@ebay

I have not heard any response to the examples given from the IT team.

Can you please ask the team who designed this system to advise sellers like me which UK couriers deliver the same day as dispatch day using economy 2 class post ???

I checked ebay's couriers list & there is no such courier that exists that can do that, so please advise why eBay keeps advertising to my customers that they'll receive the item the same day as it's posted ???? 

Also why they're still 2 different EDD's shown to buyers for the exact same order? which one of the 2 are correct & did ebay explained it to my customers why they see those 2 different EDD's for same order ?

Latest example, same as all the previous examples :

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 08.48.31.png

Different sets of EDD's given to customers for the exact same order, which are correct?  - as both are totally wrong for 2 class post that takes 2-3 business days on average.   

The CORRECT EDD's for this order should be 23th -24th Feb & NOT SAME DAY DELIVERY AS DISPATCH DAY,  NOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY, NOR 1 DAY DELIVERY - please STOP misleading my customers with your false EDD's !

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 09.00.58.png

Message 46 of 53
See Most Recent

@chilloutgames wrote:

Nice post

2pm

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea...

Thanks!

I did bring all those issues I identified to the attention of the ebay reps at their weekly chat already a few times in the past  & so did many others, but to no avail, as they keep denying anything is wrong, so there is no point doing it again, it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

Maybe others will have a better luck, but I doubt it.

It's very frustrating to keep getting such inadequate copy/paste responses to what is obviously a serious coding error & someone at ebay needs to take responsibility & fix it, but it seems none cares.

Message 48 of 53
See Most Recent

Hi

As you know I've brought it up several times as well and no success, just fobbed off.  I  Just hope that others experiencing the same issue will bring it up on the weekly chat and report to CS.

Best wishes

Message 49 of 53
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Hi

As you know I've brought it up several times as well and no success, just fobbed off.  I  Just hope that others experiencing the same issue will bring it up on the weekly chat and report to CS.

Best wishes

Yes, totally agree.

I wonder how the very big businesses are coping with this, it must be a total nightmare for them.

As a small seller I can just about to cope to communicate with a few buyers about this, still it's very frustrating this is not being sorted.

Message 50 of 53
See Most Recent

Would say that the chat team totally agree that EDD is not working.

But they are being paid to tell us otherwise and stick to the script they have been given

Astronomy is looking up
Message 51 of 53
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

Would say that the chat team totally agree that EDD is not working.

But they are being paid to tell us otherwise and stick to the script they have been given

I never heard them saying that but the opposite, but if this is the case then what's the point of those "team chats"? or spending time reporting tech issues to them ?

I was under the impression, possibly naive, that the ebay team supposed to take the reported issues up the pipelines & report to relevant team to have it fixed & then report back.

If this is not what they're being paid for then what's their purpose on the discussion boards??

If indeed they know the truth but are instructed to misinform & mislead their customers then this is completely crazy & hopless situation for all concerned including ebay, everyone looses as a result of this.

Don't they see that? obviously not, otherwise all those issues would be fixed long time ago.

Message 52 of 53
See Most Recent

It's been almost 4 months since I reported this & nothing has changed.

The shipping team has contacted me & wanted to have a chat last week, so almost 4 months later.

I suggested they read all the EDD threads before we enter into "chat" first so they have some ideas what's going on & what's wrong with the EDD to have some bases for discussion, as apparently they were "not aware" anything was wrong despite ebay reps regularly reporting the issues to them.

I'm still waiting for their reply to schedule the chat, obviously they must be busy reading the 100's of posts on the many EDD threads throughout the boards.

Meantime this charade still continues, typical example before BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY !

Only just posted an item bought late last night via 2 class service RM48, the EDD should be Wed/Thursday next week because Monday the 1st of May is Bank Holiday but the EDD shown to buyer where already too short -  Tuesday/Wednesday next week -  "typical for ebay", yet after adding the tracking number their original EDD have now changed to the crazy ones :  ARRIVES TODAY or BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY the 6th !!!

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 14.23.49.png

Message 53 of 53
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: