Buyer from Cyprus buys a UK collection only item

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me please. I put a collection only - cash on collection item on eBay last week and the auction was won by a user registered in Cyprus. I’m in the UK. I’ve contacted the buyer to ask if they are in a position to collect the item or if they have bid by mistake not realising it is a UK collection item. I’ve had no reply. It’s been 48 hours.

what procedure should I follow please to avoid paying any fees and getting the item relisted. Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

@burtseller:  In addition to the information that you have already been given in relation to your query, in order to prevent a repeat of the same problem in the future update your Selling Preferences so as to prevent buyers from countries you do not wish to post to from being able to purchase anything from you.  The instructions as to how to do so are as follows:

First of all go back to your My eBay page and click on the Account tab.  When the next page loads up look at the top right hand corner of the page, where you should see a section entitled "Account Preferences."  There are a number of options listed beneath that heading - click on the second option from the top, which is the one which reads "Site Preferences."  The Site Preferences page will then load up.

When the Site Preferences page appears on the screen scroll down the page until you get to the section entitled "Postage & Packing Preferences."  Click on the link that reads "Postage Preferences" and a new page entitled "Manage Postal Settings" will appear on the screen.  Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and you ought to see a sentence that begins "Exclude Postage Locations."  The middle column has the words "Domestic" and "International" in it, whereas on the right there is an "Edit" link.  Click on that link in order to access the required page.

Once you have clicked on that link a new page will load up with a list of all of the different regions that you can choose to block.  The top half of the page is entitled "Domestic" and is to block various regions within the British Isles.  Scroll down to the bottom half of the page, which is entitled "International."  Within that section you will see a list of all of the various regions around the globe - for example, Africa, Asia, etc... 

If you only want to block some, but not all, destinations within a certain region click on the link just to the right of the main heading for that region which gives you the option to see all of the countries which fall within that region.  This will then present you with a drop-down list.  Tick the boxes next to all of the overseas destinations that you do not wish to post to, whilst at the same time leaving the boxes blank next to any overseas countries within that region that you do not mind posting to.  Once you have done that click on the link below the bottom of the drop-down list to hide all of the countries on that list.  If, however, you wish to block every single country within that region then you don't need to bother with the drop-down list.  Just tick the main box next to the region in question - if you do this the end result will be that all overseas buyers with a primary address in any country that falls within that region will be unable to purchase anything from you.  Repeat this process with all of the other regions in the International section until you are finished.

Once you have finished blocking the countries and/or regions that you do not want to post to scroll down the page until you get to the sentence that says "Also Apply To Current Listings."  Tick the box nex to that sentence and then click on the blue "Save" button right at the bottom of the page.  As soon as you have done this your updates will take effect and any overseas buyers with a primary address in any of the countries that you have decided to block will not be able to purchase anything from you.  However, if you only decide to block some overseas destinations and not all of them then you will need to have an overseas postage option on your listings in case a buyer from one of the overseas destinations that you do not mind posting to were to purchase one of your items.  Without an overseas postage option an international buyer living in a country you had not put a block on could still purchase items from you but would not be able to make payment for the items, thus resulting in further problems.

You can Cancel from More Actions Drop Down Menu to the right of the Sold Item. Select " Problem with Buyers Address ". Your EBay Final Value Fees will be Credited back to your Seller Account. You can then Relist. Put the Buyer on your Blocked Bidders List.

You can cancel.    On My eBay go to More Actions, far right of the item on your sold list > Cancel order > Something wrong with buyer's address.  Or if you're on seller hub go to Orders find the transaction you want to cancel, and from Actions, select cancel order.

Put their ID on your blocked bidder list - here:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

And you can use this link to put a general block on buyers in locations you don't post to:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Select options then tick "Apply above settings to active and future listings" at the bottom.

Cancel the sale Problem With Buyers Address

As others said just cancel the order. It's the buyer's responsibility to make sure he/she thoroughly reads the listing description not yours.