QR codes not being received - Click and Collect - What is the solution ?

I wonder whether some of you top sellers and buyers can throw some light and suggestions as to why buyers seem to be regularly not receiving QR codes needed for collection and any suggestions how ebay could reduce this happening - it seems quite a few members are raising the issue and how it is negatively affecting them.

I ditched click and collect years ago because of the number of returns but have no real knowledge of the current system but the problems seem to persist.

I put it down to kids ordering on their parents account or buyers just couldn't be bothered to collect, I am thinking that maybe I was wrong.

Should sellers be told not to ship until ebay confirms the QR code is sent, should a copy of the QR code be sent to both buyer and seller, should ebay confirm where they sent it to.

I need input from those of you who actively use Click and collect as to why you think this repeats itself and ways to reduce buyers stating they never received the code and sellers annoyed at the returns

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi dch2112011, thanks for your post.

If you confirm the item number for the transaction in question, I can look into this no problem for you. Please note that if you are not the buyer who didn't receive the QR code, we won't be able to take further actions unless the account holder contact us.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Hi dch2112011, thanks for your post.

If you confirm the item number for the transaction in question, I can look into this no problem for you. Please note that if you are not the buyer who didn't receive the QR code, we won't be able to take further actions unless the account holder contact us.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi Marco, thank you for reaching out, many apologies for the delay in responding. I have no particular problem with click and collect.  However there are several posts from buyers and sellers stating that buyers are not receiving the QR codes which are needed to collect the purchase. They all seem to avoid how this can be solved.

I am sure ebay send the QR code -  whether a buyer changes email or phone numbers and neglects to update their account, the message goes to spam or they block ebay messages or a family member orders on another family members account and does not receive the code - who knows.

So I thought I would ask members if there was anything that they thought ebay could do to help this repetitive situation for example by notifying sellers and buyers when the code had been sent.

The most useful maybe to somehow get the buyer to acknowledge receipt of the QR code - how this could fit in with ebay's system is uncertain - but if it was possible a message to seller saying buyer confirms receipt of QR code would be helpful and maybe a  'not received QR CODE,  request it is resent' button would help - with a contact code if it is not received by attempt three ? I thought that members would be willing to offer ideas but apparently not.

I know as moderators you do read the posts and pick up on ideas and repeated grumbles - it seems this post did not fit in with the 'ebay is no good theme' which repeatedly appears - apparently if you dare be positive about ebay and the efforts made to assist buyers and  sellers - you are a spy working for ebay and receive abusive comments - not that this worries me but it surprises me that not more members voice support  for ebay efforts and try to understand the system that ebay use to faciitate buyers and sellers needs.

Most posts deteriate into scam buyer, dishonest seller, ebay doesn't care categories which is not really helpful - go against the flow and support ebay and the wolves gather .

Any way once again thanks for reaching out it is appreciated I doubt I will post or respond much more on this forum it really is negative.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: