Buyer’s messaged me they broke the item I sent

So I sold off a second hand action figure and it was intact when I shipped it. It was shipped in its original packaging and the box was robust.

however the buyer messaged me that after fiddling with it, a piece broke off. This was a pin joint into clear plastic so notorious for being brittle. They sent a picture of it too confirming it had indeed broken. They said the joint must have been weak to begin with.

thus far I haven't messaged back as I'm not sure what I do, if I can do, anything. The buyer hasn't asked to return or for a refund yet.

ive never had to do after sales before so some help here would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Buyer’s messaged me they broke the item I sent

You have messages hopefully through eBay's messaging system that they ' fiddled'  with the item so the blame here lies with the buyer for breaking off this delicate piece on the item.  An unfortunate choice of words but it does imply the fault lies with them.

In my humble opinion this is not a case for item not as described, if that case was opened,  hopefully your messages would help your side of the matter.

They haven't asked for any refund,  so it's up to you to either  just explain that was always a piece to handle with care , or to keep them happy,   you can agree to offer  partial refund,  though you are under no obligation of course,  to do this.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent