Appeal case

eBay asked from proof of non delivery from Royal Mail. Finally I get email from Royal Mail stating that item never was delivered to my address. I uploaded it to eBay but now they told that need this proof in a different format and told that need to contact Resolver UK to get this proof like in a correct format. I contacted again Royal Mail and they told that email stating non delivery is correct and they always sending like in a similar eBay issues.

Can please anyone advise I never got something like that.

Message 1 of 39
See Most Recent
38 REPLIES 38

Appeal case

What format are eBay asking for (is it a PDF file)?

It seems you can't create a case against Royal Mail via Resolver; they can only give you RM's contact details.

Can you explain what happened? You can't post any of the seller's details (including their eBay user ID) but you can explain what has taken place in the order it happened. For example:

1. Did you order something that was subsequently scanned as delivered but was never actually received?
  2. If you enter the tracking reference into Royal Mail's tracking page what does it say under "Service used" and what (if any) proof of delivery is shown? Is there a picture and/or a GPS scan (shown under "Map of delivery location")?  
  3. Did you open an "Item Not Received" case via eBay that was closed in the seller's favour because they had a delivery scan?
  4. What was the item and how much did you pay for it?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

Thank you for the response. I'm seller in this case. I sold brand new iPhone 15. Few hours after receiving this person opened weird return request stating that he find better price. eBay it accepted and provided him return label.

After 1 week I get the message from eBay that the item like was delivered to me, but we never received it. I contacted eBay and was told contact Royal Mail and get a proof of non delivery from them. 

After bunch of phone calls I get the email from Royal Mail confirming that the item was delivered to the different address, not my, because this person using a same tracking number which was on a eBay return label, change the address

I immediately uploaded the screenshot of Royal Mail email to eBay, then contacted was told that it what they needed and appeal case will sorted out soon

Today I get email from eBay saying that they want different format for this Royal Mail proof of non delivery and asked obtain a correct format from Resolve UK. I again contacted Royal Mail and was told that in a similar situations they always providing emails like I got from them.

Message 3 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

If they changed the address on the return label so as to not return it would that not come under criminal action? Obtained money by deception, IE Fraud " Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

Message 4 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

We have heard of buyers changing delivery addresses on ebay generated return labels from other posters.  It is indeed fraud and the new address will be one where the buyer knows the occupant.

You need to go back to ebay and point out that you have evidence that the buyer fraudulently changed the delivery address associated with the ebay tracking to one that was not yours as per your account, as confirmed by RM.  That is all the evidence they need, the format is irrelevant.

Are ebay aware that you are the seller and that it is the buyer that has changed thre address?  They will be more used to dealing with buyers having to get evidence that an item was delivered to an address that is not theirs, as that is more common.    

If you still get no-where we can involve an ebay rep on the boards who might be able to assist.

Message 5 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

On a last Friday I uploaded the screenshot of Royal Mail email where was clearly stated that the item was delivered to the different address.

I uploaded it to eBay and contacted eBay and was told that it is definitely what they needed.

Today I get email from eBay asking to get this proof from Resolve UK in a correct format.

I really in mess.

Message 6 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

Yes please involve eBay gave me 10 days for this appeal

Message 7 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

Did the email say it had gone to the wrong address or the buyer changed the address. If it has just gone to the wrong address then you need to claim from Royal mail

Message 8 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

It saying that the item gone to different address because the buyer used different address.

Message 9 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

@soltec03 wrote:

After 1 week I get the message from eBay that the item like was delivered to me, but we never received it.

It's almost a given the buyer has modified the return address label. They've sent something worthless (or even an empty box) to an address with the same postcode as yours. As the delivering postie just looks at the address on the label, scans then delivers the item it's a scam that only works with Royal Mail.

File a report with Action Fraud - they will give you a crime reference number and - I believe - a PDF case report you can download. Make sure you provide this information to eBay.

@soltec03 wrote:

I immediately uploaded the screenshot of Royal Mail email to eBay, then contacted was told that it what they needed and appeal case will sorted out soon

Today I get email from eBay saying that they want different format for this Royal Mail proof of non delivery and asked obtain a correct format from Resolve UK. 

Have eBay stated what format they actually want? eBay have told several posters on these boards they do not accept screenshots as evidence; they often want a photo of an actual (printed) document or a PDF file. Also, I doubt you'll get anywhere with Resolver. If you check the link in my previous post they do not provide mediation for Royal Mail and simply provide RM's contact details along with a complaint letter template.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 10 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

In a similar case where buyer open case with payment provider and eBay were middle man we uploaded screenshot of RM email with enquiry reference. It was done through business account phone call but email didn't really reflect that. Buyer was responsible for shipping and payment provider sided with us. 

Yours seem to be also same in terms that it's buyer who lost parcel not you. However it's eBay who is dealing with it directly.

Message 11 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

What you need is something from royal mail that shows the item was delivered to an address that was not your return address as per your ebay account, but which was the correct address for the tracking.  That means ebay can see that the buyer must have changed the address.

I can only involve the eBay rep's if you have provided all the relevant information but ebay CS are not acting on it.  I am not sure you have done that yet.

Message 12 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

I would phone eBay and make them deal with this. Any buyer protection got voided the moment they tampered with the return label. You might be able to get an email address from someone at eBay and forward the RM email to them confirming the edited return address. You always have action fraud as a back up as a criminal offcence has taken place.

Message 13 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

I done what they asked provided the proof of non delivery from Royal Mail

When I contacting eBay appeal team, and agent told that it is what they needed, each agent speak differently. The proof of non delivery was provided last Friday. Some agent asking "did you uploaded the proof of non delivery...."

It was peak today morning when one ask to use Resolve UK which you can't use about Royal Mail 

Message 14 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

Sounds like you're getting the run around. As it is online fraud it's more for action fraud not resolve UK. I would gather as much evidence as you can. You need Royal mail to produce proof the label was tampered with, they could just be covering their backside saying that. Did they take a photo on delivery?

I they can't produce evidence that it had been altered then you have to ask how they know it was.

Before opening a fraud case you need to make sure it's fraud and not a RM mistake.

Ask for an Irish CS rep, they are more helpful and know what they're talking about

Also check the GPS on the tracking to see where it was delivered. It is probally an address in the same city as the buyer

Message 15 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

In this email Royal Mail confirming that item was delivered to the different address, because the buyer using the same tracking which was on a eBay return label used different address.

About obtaining details which address used buyer Royal Mail in this email stated:

"Due to GDPR guidelines I am unable to share the delivery address details we used in the return of your item. "

I already reported this scam to fraud agency.

Message 16 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

Go to closed claim on eBay and you will find the tracking number, input that in trace and trace at the PO site. It should show you where it was delivered. Scroll down the page and the GPS should be there. No reason for them to hold that back as it's your return. Just checked one of my tracked items sent and at the bottom of the page is map or delivery location

Message 17 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

When this person opened a return request eBay straight it approved. 

Then eBay asked me confirm a return address. 

Then eBay yourself provided him a return label RM 48 service, and when you tracking it only shows the town where was delivered. In a case this scammer used on fake address same town as my.

eBay did not have me any possibility to provide label yourself I will be used different service.

Message 18 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

@soltec03 wrote:

I done what they asked provided the proof of non delivery from Royal Mail

When I contacting eBay appeal team, and agent told that it is what they needed, each agent speak differently. The proof of non delivery was provided last Friday. Some agent asking "did you uploaded the proof of non delivery...."

It was peak today morning when one ask to use Resolve UK which you can't use about Royal Mail 

It's not just proof of non delivery that you need, it's proof that it was delivered to the address that was on the label, as well as evidence that the address on the label wasn't yours.  It's more complicated than just 'non delivery'.  

The other problem is that the parcel may well have gone through the RM system based on the address, and then gets scanned on delivery, but without the postie ever knowing or noticing that the address on the parcel is not the address associated with the tracking.  THis means that it would show as delivered but possibly to the original address.  The GPS co-ordinates will confirm it went somewhere else though, and RM seem to be saying that this was not a delivery error.  The buyer can alter the address but not the tracking number, and if RM went by the details associated with the tracking number they would notice the two addresses didn't match.

Can you post the RM email on here as a screenshot, taking out any personal information, and also the tracking number on the label?

I think you may have well have asked the wrong question of RM and not have got the information you actually need.  They don't need to tell you where it went, just that it didn't go to the address associated with the tracking (yours, which you can give them), but instead was delivered to the address on the label. 

Message 19 of 39
See Most Recent

Appeal case

Now at work, will back around 4 pm and will definitely do what you asked.

Message 20 of 39
See Most Recent