Appeal case

eBay asked from proof of non delivery from Royal Mail. Finally I get email from Royal Mail stating that item never was delivered to my address. I uploaded it to eBay but now they told that need this proof in a different format and told that need to contact Resolver UK to get this proof like in a correct format. I contacted again Royal Mail and they told that email stating non delivery is correct and they always sending like in a similar eBay issues.

Can please anyone advise I never got something like that.

Message 1 of 39
See Most Recent
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Appeal case

Not being funny but you need to push RM into producing what evidence it has that the label was edited.

They got lucky and brought a phone then knew someone in your town they could return it too.

You should have the return tracking, do what i said and scroll to bottom and check map. It might not be far from you and it's a PO delivery mistake.

RM48 returen label on an iphone 15? thought they would have issued a special delivery postage as it is likely over £450

Message 21 of 39
See Most Recent

Exactly in this email RM stated that item didn't go to the address associated with the tracking. Late I will send you a screenshot.

Message 22 of 39
See Most Recent

@soltec03 wrote:

About obtaining details which address used buyer Royal Mail in this email stated:

"Due to GDPR guidelines I am unable to share the delivery address details we used in the return of your item. "

Which is correct; Royal Mail can only confirm they delivered the item to a different address than your own. They can't tell you who they actually delivered to as that person's personal details (including their address) is legally protected private information that Royal Mail cannot disclose.

I have a feeling eBay have asked you for something specific but until you state what they have actually asked for none of us can really help with that request. It might be something as simple as needing a PDF document - you can do this by opening the email, selecting "Print" then selecting "Save to PDF" (if that is what they are asking for).

@soltec03 wrote:

I already reported this scam to fraud agency.

Do you mean Action Fraud? Have you provided the reference number etc. to eBay?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 23 of 39
See Most Recent

Yes it was reported to action fraud, to eBay I provided RM proof of non delivery , did need provide to eBay action fraud reference number?

Message 24 of 39
See Most Recent

I would ignored what RM says about it, they told many they had a £5 fines for forged stamps but they were sold by the PO and legal stamps so they make mistakes. The PO should not have accepted an edited label as you can't use them and if you have made a mistake with the address you have to cancel the label and do a new one with the right address on it. Good luck anyway in getting this sorted

Message 25 of 39
See Most Recent

@soltec03 wrote:

to eBay I provided RM proof of non delivery

Your previous posts suggest you provided a screenshot of an email from Royal Mail - I know from previous threads that eBay doesn't always accept screenshots; they often ask for an actual document. It also isn't clear if the email you have taken a screenshot of even contains the information eBay is actually asking for. If you can post what you sent eBay - editing out anything that is personal information (such as your name, address, email address etc). we will have something to go on.

@soltec03 wrote:

did need provide to eBay action fraud reference number?

Yes! eBay are a regulated financial institution - you need to provide all the evidence you have that demonstrates you are a victim of fraud.

Message 26 of 39
See Most Recent

@susapric-68 wrote:

The PO should not have accepted an edited label as you can't use them 

I doubt the buyer took the package to a Post Office; they're far more likely to have dropped it into a letterbox. The address the label was issued with is encoded in the barcode which is not human-readable. On it's journey through RM's network the barcode is scanned by machines to determine the correct local delivery office for the package. Once at the delivery office it is placed in the postie's sack; the delivering postie will only look at the address printed on the label when delivering and scan the barcode when they actually deliver. The delivering postie is the weak link as they are not going to check every item they are delivering against their PDA - I'm not even sure they could do that even if they wanted to. All the sender needed to do was change the address on the return label to another that is served by the same delivery office. RM are able to determine where the item was delivered from the PDA's GPS scan - unless the item was delivered to an immediate next door neighbour (with a door less than 2 metres or so from the original address's door) it would be obvious the package was delivered to a different address to what it was originally addressed to. 

This scam doesn't work with couriers as they record the delivery address in a GPS system with the corresponding barcode. Even if the address on the label is changed by the sender the delivery driver would be directed to the exact address the label was originally created for.      

Message 27 of 39
See Most Recent

That is what stated in a Royal Mail response:

I am sorry to learn that you have not yet received an item that was returned to you, even though it was confirmed as delivered on our system. I can understand your concern.

We have now completed our investigations. I can confirm that this item has not been delivered to the address you have provided.

The purchaser gave us a different address to the return information that you supplied to them. Based on the information received, we delivered the item to the correct address. In light of this, I’d advise you to contact the person who returned the item or the selling platform used for this transaction for more information.

Due to GDPR guidelines I am unable to share the delivery address details we used in the return of your item. Please check this with the purchaser or the selling platform directly. 

Kind Regards"
Message 28 of 39
See Most Recent

True, but that does not prove the sender changed the address, just it got delivered to the wrong address. seems ebay and RM are playing tennis with the seller. Fact is eBay sold the postage so will have the tracking that shows wrong address, they should have not refunded as the seller did not have chance to check. eBay does say not to refund until you get it back and checked it. Looks like eBay are pointing the finger at RM for delivering to the wrong address. RM are defending themselves by saying not our fault the address was edited.

Much easier ways of getting free phones from online market places than doing an obvious fraud

Message 29 of 39
See Most Recent

It is just a fragment of email, on a top stated ebay return label tracking and also included my address where item must be delivered for ebay return label.

Message 30 of 39
See Most Recent

@soltec03 wrote:

The purchaser gave us a different address to the return information that you supplied to them. Based on the information received, we delivered the item to the correct address. In light of this, I’d advise you to contact the person who returned the item or the selling platform used for this transaction for more information.

Royal Mail are saying the person who purchased the label (your buyer) purchased a postage label for a different delivery address than the one you gave them. So, as far as Royal Mail are concerned they delivered the package to the address they were instructed to and therefore it isn't their problem. Of course, that's rubbish and it also isn't what eBay are asking for - eBay are asking for proof the buyer fiddled with the return label and/or proof that Royal Mail delivered to the wrong address (which RM are denying they did).

In Royal Mail's tracking is there a GPS scan? If so, have you looked at where the item was actually delivered to?

In all fairness Royal Mail indicating the buyer purchased a label for a different address to what you gave them (which isn't what happened) should be enough for eBay as it intimates deceit on the buyer's part. However, you might end up having to take this to the Financial Ombudsman Service depending on what eBay's "final decision" ends up being.

Message 31 of 39
See Most Recent

@susapric-68 wrote:

Fact is eBay sold the postage

Even when Royal Mail postage is purchased via eBay it is sold by Royal Mail; not eBay.

@susapric-68 wrote:

RM are defending themselves by saying not our fault the address was edited.

That is not what Royal Mail are saying.

@susapric-68 wrote:

Much easier ways of getting free phones from online market places than doing an obvious fraud

The whole point is it isn't obvious to anyone but the seller. eBay see a delivery scan for the return, Royal Mail insist they delivered to the correct address - even though their "final mile" postie was the weakest link - and eBay's automated return process means the buyer will receive a full refund and will get to keep hold of the handset. I honestly can't think of an easier way to obtain a free handset...

This scam has been around for a while and is well documented.

Message 32 of 39
See Most Recent

@soltec03 wrote:

It is just a fragment of email, on a top stated ebay return label tracking and also included my address where item must be delivered for ebay return label.

Out of curiosity did you record the IMEI and serial number? If so, did you include these in your report to Action Fraud? Also, can you still geolocate the device or report the IMEI as stolen to your network provider?

Message 33 of 39
See Most Recent

Yes i reported to provider that the device was stolen, in a report to Action Fraud imei as well was icluded.

Message 34 of 39
See Most Recent

Easy to point things out AFTER poster had put email up. All i had to go on was Ebay provided the return label.

Message 35 of 39
See Most Recent

Thanks for the response. What is Irish CS and how them reach?

Message 36 of 39
See Most Recent

When they first got back to you what format did they ask you to send them the email in? If it is PDF and you don't know how to save an email as PDF so you can send here are the instuction fore gmail.

Open the desired email.

Click on the printer icon to open the print dialog.

Change the Destination selection to Print As PDF.

Navigate to the desired location on your computer and click Save.

You will now have a PDF of the email in the location you saved it to send to what eBay dept wanted it. You should do that right away because the sooner you uploaded the info they wanted the quicker it will be sorted out

Message 37 of 39
See Most Recent

Irish CS,  is  eBay's Customer Services which is based in Dublin , and not the Philippines.

If you contact Customer Services very first thing when the lines first open at 8 a.m. there's more chance of them answering.  Try and select the Call Back if it' s available, then you'll know if it's Dublin answering.

Lines are currently closed,  but  to Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. aand 6 p.m.

Message 38 of 39
See Most Recent

Iam unable to bid due to late payment off our system where iam please wasn't my deliberately action 

Message 39 of 39
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: