No views of Listed items

I've noticed at least for the past month that most of the items i've been listing to sell have had no views.  I get no views for weeks and I notice Ebay ask me to promote my items in order to sell the item quicker. Some items I have to pay a fee for this. Why is this? I never used to get no views on my selling items before. Is this a new tactic Ebay have created to make more money? I would like to know this as I put some new items on and have had not one view. It seems funny. Have any one else noticed this?

Message 1 of 44
See Most Recent
43 REPLIES 43

No views of Listed items

eBay have very  recently changed the way their viewing counter works.  This will now only show views from the past 30 days.

eBay inform us that this  now more accurately reflects views from real potential buyers by filtering most machine and bot views.

This fully explains this new change to the viewing counter.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/page-views?id=4165

Some members have been experiencing recent viewing figures missing too.  There may be some readjustment period for this new system to settle and show the correct views per month.

Do not worry your items are still seen in searches.

Message 2 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

triple512
Conversationalist

We've seen the same problem, not this account, my business one. List 30 or 40 items a month, most of which attracted anything from 10 to over 100 views and usually are sold within a week.

since the changes to page views, we have a lot of listings that have been on for weeks without a single view! Also finding auctions closing without a view or bid and even our staple multi-quantity listings that had say 45 views in a month have started to fall, so sales have dried up on these (used to sell 3 or 4 lots each day) and the rolling 30 day page views are starting to drop (now in 20s) suggesting several days with zero views.

I think the problem may be if you don't promote you don't get visibility, but I can log into another account and find my items ok and many are still top of the rankings (cheapest on eBay and we are TRS).

This suggests to me that quite simply the cost of living crisis may have now driven a large percentage of buyers away for a while?

Message 3 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Looks like 'views' are not working properly anyway. I have an item now with zero views yet one watcher?? How did that happen I wonder.

Message 4 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Hi glad i'm not the only one then.
Message 5 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Hi, i see what you're saying. The thing is i do use the promotion feature as well but i find i'm still not getting any views. It seems like they've made changes to get sellers to pay extra to promote yet are not providing the correct service to which we should be getting.
Message 6 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yep, noticed the same thing myself, eg last week, I listed a glass bowl that would "normally" get 20-30 views in a week, and probably sell for at least a fiver; 7 day 99p auction, no views, no bids.

Several of my current listing are still showing no views after 4/5 days, but I've now switched to BiN listings, to avoid the chance of selling at 99p 😉

Message 7 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Another issue is that if you DELIST and then RELIST you item is NOT coming up as a NEW ITEM at the top of whatever search page, so a totally pointless exercise if you want to be seen as a NEW LISTING.  The only way to do that now is to DELIST and press SELL SIMILAR to get up as a new listing at the top of the page.  There was a thread about this absolutely ridiculous anomaly.  And you can check that by going to your own listings and selecting newly listed, and whilst those items that you think you have just newly listed are there, you will find them at the bottom of your own items in supposed newly listed order, only on your own items it gives the right date, however in general search as if a customer on the eBay search of all sellers your items will still appear as if you had listed say in March not July, i.e., at the bottom of the HEAP, and that is when they start messaging you to promote your listing, after a month or so of this, not getting a sale.  It can be fixed to some extent by delisting and using sell similar option instead, but it takes way way longer.  However it will guarantee that your listing appears at the top again when buyers search for NEWLY LISTED items!  I am afraid just another glitch or perhaps not (deliberate eBay ploy), so as to extract more money from sellers by offering their fix of promoted listings, costing an extra arm and a leg.  Trouble is most do not know about this glitch that has been happening for 3 or 4 months now, and I guess will just give up on this site, as thousands are because sales are diabolical, and as you rightly say views down, watchers down.  It is like going fishing, only pull the line in, and move to another location with some fresh bait, and you might find some fish, by ensuring your listings get back to the top of search again, and Sell Similar IS THE ONLY WAY TO CURRENTLY DO THAT NOW!  Good luck.

Message 8 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yep! eBay have totally engineered this fiasco.

They should concentrate on making the site actually work, then they might make fair and honest profits

Message 9 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I have promoted a good few listings on my other eBay account (not this account) at 2%. Many of the promoted listings have zero views. I have also just done a search for one of the items and it is way down the list and the top four results show "sponsored" but my listing does not.

I have no idea what is going on here.

Message 10 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I'm glad it's not just me then. Ebay needs to sort it out asap.
Message 11 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I agree. I used to get loads of watchers and buyers from many countries. I am wondering if eBay is hold back to get more people to buy the promoted listings? If so its not good ☹️

Message 12 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Hi There - My item is not listed either and at the moment I only have 1 item so it is easy to check. I could not understand why no views and customer services (who are normally quite helpful) gave me no clue.

Message 13 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Thanks for your reply. 
It's not right! My sales are right down. 
If it continues I will stop listing. 
Many thanks 
Sian 
Message 14 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I wish I knew what was happening because it's not right. It never used to
be like that. We need to see accurate views. I have had some of my listings
have 1 or more as watching, yet it says 'no views'. So that can't be right
for a start.
Message 15 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

@cheryl503pink wrote:
I have had some of my listings have 1 or more as watching, yet it says 'no views'. So that can't be right
for a start.

Actually, it is.

Potential buyers can select "Watch this item" from search results. They can even go to their watch list and buy it, without ever opening or reading your listing.

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 16 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I agree,  something has changed.  My sales are right down. 
Message 17 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

@hill-walker wrote:

@cheryl503pink wrote:
I have had some of my listings have 1 or more as watching, yet it says 'no views'. So that can't be right
for a start.

Actually, it is.

Potential buyers can select "Watch this item" from search results. They can even go to their watch list and buy it, without ever opening or reading your listing.

Thanks for clarifying, I had no idea you could do that. I know that if a listing stays on for ages the view count can start to drop as it's measured on a rolling 30 days. At least that explains why I have 12 watchers and only 8 views now on an item listed a few days ago!

Message 18 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I've noticed this. I put something like a clarice cliff plate on. Ok not necessarily expecting an instant purchase but after 6 days I'd expect a viewing. Yet no one has looked at it. No one in the world. Yet if o search it. It's there. I'm spending and wasting time listing items. Never known this before. Even paying to highlight the listing makes no difference. 

Message 19 of 44
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yes, that is correct.  Ebay will not promote at all unless you pay extra. 
I have also noticed that they now put a note on the top of the listing to say that sellers cannot ship abroad because of the Russian cyber attack.  This is not so as if you buy Royal mail postage online they will collect from your house and ship abroad.  It's just post office counters that are affected. 
I tried another site and have had excellent sales. 
Ebay HAVE to change their attitude. 🤔
Message 20 of 44
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: