💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 26.10.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 26.10.22 @2pm

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Hello,

Would be nice a place to follow update on what ebay is currently working on with estimate time of completion.... and maybe a chat option underneath so we can leave feedback.

Thank you

Hi @eshopforce01

Thanks for the suggestion, where possible we put upcoming changes on the announcements board but this is usually when the projects are in final stages. 

Ill sent your suggestion to the Site Development Team to see if there's maybe something we could action around projects or ideas that are being looked into. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 32
See Most Recent

1. Is that last issue with feedbacks resolved already? Or still impossible to leave any feedback? 

2. Are negative feedback regarding not received case will be removed automatically, as that was announced earlier (in period of RM strike action)? As I've got one and it still not removed. 

King regards  

Message 21 of 32
See Most Recent

Off the top of my head,

EAN location, is hidden no apparent reason why, the only item in the section. 

EAN - Does not apply not recognised

Cancelling - Used to be a facility on the old create listing tool, no longer there, have to leave it become a draft then delete. 

Auto recognition - Key words would be auto recognised in item specifics speeding up create listing, no longer there

Add Video and Add photo - Too close together after youver added the first photo, many a time clicking the wrong button when working quickly

Business Policies - unable to edit on mobile IOS device including dispatch time,

Addional feedback, its a common practice (especially sports forums) to consolidate threads on the same subject allowing users and mods to monitor easily. There are many and still continue to be created threads on the new lsting tool. Pinning and consolidating could be a better user experience

Message 23 of 32
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

We've been invited to participate in the 15% off Cyber Week coupon. Before I decide whether to go for it, can you clarify a couple of things as last year it was a bit of a debacle. Will it be the same set-up as last year where most participating sellers won't get their items included on the offer page, with just a few selected sellers having their listings shown there? Or will the offer page that buyers are taken to when they click on the offer show all included listings when buyers search from it?

If it's a two-tier offer like last year, with just a handful of specially selected sellers for each category being shown to buyers outside of the normal search results pages, how do sellers actually get selected for this? Last year, it wasn't based on the size of the seller, eg only anchor shops. It also wasn't based on feedback percentage, number of listings, top rated status, free postage, delivery speed, promoted listings or any other criteria that I could see. It appeared to be a completely random selection with a few sellers in each category having all of their qualifying listings shown for the entire duration of the promotion while all other sellers had no qualifying items shown at any time.

This special page for the promotion implied that it included all listings that were in the offer whereas in reality the vast majority of included listings could only be found by chance when doing a normal ebay search.

I'm not knocking the offer as it is a generous offer from ebay. I just want to understand how it's presented to buyers and, if there are going to be just a special few sellers again, why and how are they selected? Discovering this last year was really disappointing.

Hi @rainbowtrax,

I understand where you are coming from. 

Typically, in these situations the sellers are invited to be featured by our outreach teams. 

I've asked the team if there is more information on this they can share with me and I'll loop you in on any details I get.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 24 of 32
See Most Recent

katie@ebay wrote:

@icecarmedia wrote:

I seek clarification as to what merits negative feedback removal.

Hi @icecarmedia,

Feedback removal is slightly rare and is taken on a case by case bases. We must allow the buyer to have a space to provide their opinion on the transaction as a whole.

In some situations we may be able to disprove the comment based on factual evidence like tracking but if this is an opinion of a buyer we may not be able to disprove.

As mentioned they are taken on a case by case and we recommend speaking to customer support if you would like a specific review of feedback.

There may also be cases where a buyer misuses the feedback system. You can see the full feedback policy here

Thanks,

Katie 

I am aware of the policy and made sure I did not breach it

To fill in the blanks

Seller changed delivery co. Courier 'delivered' to non-existant porch

I complained to seller who then sent out a replacement via the correct delivery co.(top marks seller)

Turns out not as described, however too late to use money back guarantee.

Seller then ignored me.

I left a neg F/B stating the above, change of delivery co and not as described, which was swiftly removed

At the time it left a bad taste, which would be somewhat lessened should the removal reasons be made known with a route to amend/challenge removal made available.

If removal is indeed taken on a case by case basis (the inference is by human rather than bot) then why isn't the above, in the interest of transparency, the case?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Message 25 of 32
See Most Recent

Is there a problem with sending feedback with anyone else, I cannot get mine submitted, it says try later as there is a problem. RC

Message 26 of 32
See Most Recent

Item: 115579863874 is a good example.

As mentioned, this rate table is £5 / £12.50 /£21.50 but as the item is slightly heavier than the norm, trying to amend the existing rate table to £5 / £15.00 / £25.00 can only be done if saving the new listing into the draft folder - commencing the draft will then allow for the rate table to be changed for this listing only.

Message 27 of 32
See Most Recent

Thanks katie@ebay . As the offer page functions in the same way as a normal search page, I don't understand why there are only a few selected sellers allowed on it? They're not chosen for being better sellers than those excluded so what's the reasoning?

It's not due to space constraints so I don't get why ebay don't want buyers to see most of the discounted items. Surely, if a seller is invited to participate, it would make sense to treat all sellers the same in terms of visibility, instead of steering buyers to just a chosen few hugely limiting their options. Also, this favouritism isn't made clear when you accept the offer. It gives the impression that all sellers will be shown to be part of the offer to buyers.

Message 28 of 32
See Most Recent

@icecarmedia wrote:

katie@ebay wrote:

@icecarmedia wrote:

I seek clarification as to what merits negative feedback removal.

Hi @icecarmedia,

Feedback removal is slightly rare and is taken on a case by case bases. We must allow the buyer to have a space to provide their opinion on the transaction as a whole.

In some situations we may be able to disprove the comment based on factual evidence like tracking but if this is an opinion of a buyer we may not be able to disprove.

As mentioned they are taken on a case by case and we recommend speaking to customer support if you would like a specific review of feedback.

There may also be cases where a buyer misuses the feedback system. You can see the full feedback policy here

Thanks,

Katie 

I am aware of the policy and made sure I did not breach it

To fill in the blanks

Seller changed delivery co. Courier 'delivered' to non-existant porch

I complained to seller who then sent out a replacement via the correct delivery co.(top marks seller)

Turns out not as described, however too late to use money back guarantee.

Seller then ignored me.

I left a neg F/B stating the above, change of delivery co and not as described, which was swiftly removed

At the time it left a bad taste, which would be somewhat lessened should the removal reasons be made known with a route to amend/challenge removal made available.

If removal is indeed taken on a case by case basis (the inference is by human rather than bot) then why isn't the above, in the interest of transparency, the case?

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

As this is a public platform I am unable to discuss the ins and outs of a specific case or feedback.

However, the feedback can be removed based on words used within the feedback that may be against policy or could be used to disprove feedback. 

Hope this information helps to provide some clarity. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 29 of 32
See Most Recent

@nat_pol wrote:

1. Is that last issue with feedbacks resolved already? Or still impossible to leave any feedback? 

2. Are negative feedback regarding not received case will be removed automatically, as that was announced earlier (in period of RM strike action)? As I've got one and it still not removed. 

King regards  

Hi @nat_pol 

At the moment there is still an issue leaving feedback for some transactions. If you have some examples please DM me the Buyer id and Order id, I'll forward the details to Tech to look into.

Negative feedback left for items not received during the strike period should be automatically removed. This happens in bulk and can usually take a week to action, I have seen it take a little longer depending on volume though. If its been over a week, you can reach out to the guys in customer support and can look into it for you. Once it falls under the criteria they should be able to remove it for you manually.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 30 of 32
See Most Recent

@ruthmason888 wrote:

Is there a problem with sending feedback with anyone else, I cannot get mine submitted, it says try later as there is a problem. RC

Hi @ruthmason888 

There is an active bug on site leaving feedback for some transactions.

If you have some examples please DM me the Buyer id and Order id, I'll forward the details to Tech to look into.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 31 of 32
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Thanks katie@ebay . As the offer page functions in the same way as a normal search page, I don't understand why there are only a few selected sellers allowed on it? They're not chosen for being better sellers than those excluded so what's the reasoning?

It's not due to space constraints so I don't get why ebay don't want buyers to see most of the discounted items. Surely, if a seller is invited to participate, it would make sense to treat all sellers the same in terms of visibility, instead of steering buyers to just a chosen few hugely limiting their options. Also, this favouritism isn't made clear when you accept the offer. It gives the impression that all sellers will be shown to be part of the offer to buyers.

Hi @rainbowtrax,

I've spoken to the team to get a better understanding.

These featured or more prominent offers are selected based on a few different criteria. This includes buyer trends, search trends, seasonality, and the attractiveness of the offer.

Only selected sellers are asked to join this promotion, so all sellers included would be of a high standard. Being involved in the promotion will help with overall search results and visibility for all selling accounts involved.  There will also be points on the site linking buyers to see all included items.

Hope this information is helpful and provides some level of clarity.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 32 of 32
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.