💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 06.07.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

I have an issue with my a promotion I'm running. I currently have Buy 3 Get 1 Free set up to include all items priced at £2.99 or less. If you go from my shopfront to the offer page here Buy 3, get 1 free (add 4 to basket) - Buy 3 Get 1 Free (Add 4 To Basket) - eBay rainbowjam then it shows all 235 items that are included. However, when you click on the listings, many of them have no indication of the offer anywhere on the listing.

The item page should look like this one Latest & Greatest Indie Love 3-CD Box Set NEW SEALED Cure/Pulp/Stands/Ash/Cast+ 698458935229 | eBay with Buy 3 Get 1 Free above the photo. But many of them look like this Dan Seals Fired Up PROMO CD Full Album 1994 Country 93624562825 | eBay with absolutely nothing to indicate that they're part of an offer anywhere on the page.

If someone finds the affected listings in normal search results, they have absolutely no way of knowing about the offer so incentive to browse the offer and buy more items.

The offer does work at checkout but most people won't get that far because they're completely unaware of its existence.

Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

Shipping policy states

"Sellers must use the delivery service the buyer selected during eBay checkout."

What happens when a seller breaches this policy?

In my case my latest purchase was not sent by the listed one.

It is now marked "delivered" to a non-existent porch.

Something the advertised (my preferred) delivery company would never do.

EDIT - The buying forum contains yet another thread of mine on the matter

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

@rainbowjam wrote:

I have an issue with my a promotion I'm running. I currently have Buy 3 Get 1 Free set up to include all items priced at £2.99 or less. If you go from my shopfront to the offer page here Buy 3, get 1 free (add 4 to basket) - Buy 3 Get 1 Free (Add 4 To Basket) - eBay rainbowjam then it shows all 235 items that are included. However, when you click on the listings, many of them have no indication of the offer anywhere on the listing.

The item page should look like this one Latest & Greatest Indie Love 3-CD Box Set NEW SEALED Cure/Pulp/Stands/Ash/Cast+ 698458935229 | eBay with Buy 3 Get 1 Free above the photo. But many of them look like this Dan Seals Fired Up PROMO CD Full Album 1994 Country 93624562825 | eBay with absolutely nothing to indicate that they're part of an offer anywhere on the page.

If someone finds the affected listings in normal search results, they have absolutely no way of knowing about the offer so incentive to browse the offer and buy more items.

The offer does work at checkout but most people won't get that far because they're completely unaware of its existence.

Hi @rainbowjam 

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm just looking into this here, I'm seeing the same from this side. 

Leave it with me for a couple of minutes  and I'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

@icecarmedia wrote:

Shipping policy states

"Sellers must use the delivery service the buyer selected during eBay checkout."

Hi @icecarmedia ,

There isn't a policy against sellers for not using the selected delivery service during eBay checkout. There may be circumstances where they sellers are unable to use the service stated. However we do advise sellers to follow through on what they have advertised  as this is part of a better experience for buyers like yourself.

The  eBay money back guarantee would protect against items not being received and you are able to leave feedback of your experience for the seller.

Thank you,

Kat

The 

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

Why did you steal £20,000 from me by turning off shipping to my main customer base whilst I was running auctions?

Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

I'd like to raise the item specifics issue that someone mentioned previously. They flagged the word boxing as an issue but the problem is much bigger than that and seems to affect item specifics across all categories.

The issue is that when you use certain words in your title, when buyers perform a search then the words are being wrongly assigned to the left filters as if they were item specifics - even if the item specific has been correctly filled in. I'll use my own listings to illustrate what happens.

If you look at my audio books for sale here: Items for sale by rainbowtrax | eBay then you can see that one of the left filters is Topic. I apparently have 28 for Girls' Interest, 28 for Boys' Interest  and 188 for Books (all of which I never use). If you click on See All against Topic then you get the full list which includes 16 for Love. If you select Love and look at the items, this is what you get: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Audio-Books/29792/m.html?_ssn=rainbowtrax&_dcat=29792&rt=nc&Topic=Love

As you can see, the first item is this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295074897571 . It's not about love, the Topic hasn't been filled in as Love. In this case it doesn't even have love in tge title, it's picked up the word passion.

In the Records category, the left filters claim I have 19 listings where the artist is The Band (only one is by The Band): Items for sale by rainbowtrax | eBay. The other 18 all have the correct artist filled in in the Artist item specific (it has to be filled in as it's a required one) but it's just ignoring this and assigning the wrong artist in the left filters.

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

Hello again

Please could I refer you to the increasing number of posts under 'Technical Issues' referring to the lack of Royal Mail Letter and Large Letter delivery options.  For those affected who send small and/or light items we are stuck with limited options (or simply not listing in my case). 

It has been suggested that we could use the 'Other' option (not available to me) or that it is something to do with the size, but that really makes no sense. This has been going on for two weeks now and it would be great to get some resolution.  Thanks in antipation.

Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

@familiargames wrote:

Why did you steal £20,000 from me by turning off shipping to my main customer base whilst I was running auctions?

Hi @familiargames ,

We are not able go to into account specifics on the community as the information is public.If  shipping to certain countries is not available on the listings this may be down to a restriction on the account. The restriction itself would have to be checked to see why it was placed and what steps can be taken to resolve it. There may be an email on your account already to advise of this.

It would be best to reach out customer support so your account can be manually checked.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

@rainbowjam wrote:

Hi @rainbowjam

This usually happens if a price range has been set for the event inventory as well as adding the item numbers. If you edit the event you should be able to see the range you set and make an amendment.  

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

kat@ebay wrote:

@icecarmedia wrote:

Shipping policy states

Hi @icecarmedia ,

There isn't a policy against sellers for not using the selected delivery service during eBay checkout. There may be circumstances where they sellers are unable to use the service stated. However we do advise sellers to follow through on what they have advertised  as this is part of a better experience for buyers like yourself.

The  eBay money back guarantee would protect against items not being received and you are able to leave feedback of your experience for the seller.

Thank you,

Kat

The 

eBay shipping policy has no enforcement procedures?

When the (known to be unreliable) alternative service marks tracking as "delivered" the MBG is useless.

And expressing one's displeasure in feedback(if it sticks) does not remedy this

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

I've got the price range set to include everything at £2.99 or less so the affected items are already included. I haven't specified any item numbers, just the price range.  As I say, if you add them to your basket then it does apply the offer so they're included in it so it should display it.

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

The estimated delivery dates on my listings are showing as 16-19th July ie 7-10 days. My dispatch time is 2 working days and are either RM 2nd Class or Packlink 2-3 days.

The eBay customer service agent I spoke to couldn't explain it and I have since been directed to a thread on these forums where other people have got the same issue. Can the seller fix this in their settings somehow or is it an eBay glitch that you need to resolve? It is impacting greatly on the sales of the sellers affected. 

Also as a side note the postage option of a medium parcel up to 5kg has completely disappeared. Along with letters being moved to 'other' as 1 generic option, is it these changes that are causing the estimated delivery date glitches on the listings?

Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

@redphalarope wrote:

Hello again

Please could I refer you to the increasing number of posts under 'Technical Issues' referring to the lack of Royal Mail Letter and Large Letter delivery options.  For those affected who send small and/or light items we are stuck with limited options (or simply not listing in my case). 

It has been suggested that we could use the 'Other' option (not available to me) or that it is something to do with the size, but that really makes no sense. This has been going on for two weeks now and it would be great to get some resolution.  Thanks in antipation.

Hi @redphalarope,

We have this raised with the Tech Team and we are waiting on update. We have sent all the examples posted in the community to the team and we will have a fix ASAP.

We will reply to all the threads with all updates as we get them. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

rule.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the offer set up.

Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

I'd like to raise the item specifics issue that someone mentioned previously. They flagged the word boxing as an issue but the problem is much bigger than that and seems to affect item specifics across all categories.

The issue is that when you use certain words in your title, when buyers perform a search then the words are being wrongly assigned to the left filters as if they were item specifics - even if the item specific has been correctly filled in. I'll use my own listings to illustrate what happens.

If you look at my audio books for sale here: Items for sale by rainbowtrax | eBay then you can see that one of the left filters is Topic. I apparently have 28 for Girls' Interest, 28 for Boys' Interest  and 188 for Books (all of which I never use). If you click on See All against Topic then you get the full list which includes 16 for Love. If you select Love and look at the items, this is what you get: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Audio-Books/29792/m.html?_ssn=rainbowtrax&_dcat=29792&rt=nc&Topic=Love

As you can see, the first item is this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295074897571 . It's not about love, the Topic hasn't been filled in as Love. In this case it doesn't even have love in tge title, it's picked up the word passion.

In the Records category, the left filters claim I have 19 listings where the artist is The Band (only one is by The Band): Items for sale by rainbowtrax | eBay. The other 18 all have the correct artist filled in in the Artist item specific (it has to be filled in as it's a required one) but it's just ignoring this and assigning the wrong artist in the left filters.

Hi @rainbowtrax,

Thank you for the examples provided to show this issue with regards to wording, filters and item specifics. I'll get these flagged with the product team to review them.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

Why are Ebay still going ahead with forcing sellers to do 2% on promoted listings from Monday? There has been a huge backlash to this greed from Ebay, yet you're going ahead with your fingers in your ears. Most of us are NOT going to use promoted anymore because of this

Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

@rainbowjam wrote:

I've got the price range set to include everything at £2.99 or less so the affected items are already included. I haven't specified any item numbers, just the price range.  As I say, if you add them to your basket then it does apply the offer so they're included in it so it should display it.

Let me take this offline and get back to you. I'm looking at it here and it shows a different price. 

daveebay_0-1657115824166.png

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

Thanks kat@ebay . I think there are a lot of words that trigger the issue but they vary from category to category.

Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Thanks. That looks like it's adding VAT in your view. Are you in ROI?

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.