💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 13.07.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had several buyer enquiries asking if I post or where they can collect from. Because “collection” comes before “Postage”, they haven’t read beyond collection and assumed that’s the only way they can purchase.

It makes me wonder how many buyers have assumed collection only and not asked otherwise! We’ll never know.

Is most eBay selling conducted by post or collection? If by post, as I guess it is, why put ‘collection’ before ‘postage’ in the layout? Justify it please.

Regards. Jan

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi Since the changes to the Toys and Games categories; The LEGO Minifigures sub category has been excluded from the Global Shipping Program. The Path is:

Toys and Games – Construction and Building Toys – LEGO ® Building Toys – LEGO ® Minifigures

Other LEGO Sub categories are included in the GSP; including:

LEGO ® Bricks, Pieces and Parts and

LEGO ® Complete Sets and Packs

This must be a mistake as I can send all the minifigure parts separately as pieces and parts; but cannot send them if they are all put together as a figure 🤣

So that I can place my items in the correct categories and add the appropriate item specifics can we please add minifigures into the GSP?

Thanks

David

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi – there are still issues with marking items as posted on both the tablet and Phone apps – when will this be resolved?

Thanks

David

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi @Anonymous ,

Both options are presented in the listings so the buyer has all information there. They are not in order of preference as both can be clearly seen.  I appreciate we cannot control how a buyer views the information but eBay has always offered postage and collection options in this way.

We have not had feedback from buyers advising they can see collection only. Feedback received would be that they can see both options.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

@jamjartoys wrote:

Hi – there are still issues with marking items as posted on both the tablet and Phone apps – when will this be resolved?

Thanks

David

Hi @jamjartoys ,

The issue has been resolved with the iphone app but just need to make sure you are updated to the latest version as the fix was updated. The tech team are currently looking into the issue for browsers.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

this subject has been done to death both in this column and many many discussions. I know sellers also complain to seller support without help. Yet many many months later the problem is still here and customers are still complaining and yet nothing gets done.

I am told it is based on courier, location and seller performance which is rubbish, just lies.

I have dispatch set for 2 days and if a buyer, purchases an item on a Friday night, for example, you tell them to expect delivery between Mon-Wed for 2nd class post, Mon-Wed for 1st class post and Wed for 24hr courier.

If the order is taken, on that Friday evening we are closed until Monday, so 2nd class post will never arrive the same day ever. So why is it given? If sent on the Tuesday, when we say it will be sent, then delivery should be Thurs-Friday. I would not mind if you gave Mon-Fri dates, but you give one impossible date, the Mon to another improbable date, Wednesday.

You know about this and have known about this for many many months, yet nothing is done.

You do not listen to the thousands of sellers who have reported this.

So I ask again, when is this going to be fixed, so I can stop finding excuses to tell annoyed customers?

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

@jamjartoys wrote:

Hi Since the changes to the Toys and Games categories; The LEGO Minifigures sub category has been excluded from the Global Shipping Program. The Path is:

Toys and Games – Construction and Building Toys – LEGO ® Building Toys – LEGO ® Minifigures

Other LEGO Sub categories are included in the GSP; including:

LEGO ® Bricks, Pieces and Parts and

LEGO ® Complete Sets and Packs

This must be a mistake as I can send all the minifigure parts separately as pieces and parts; but cannot send them if they are all put together as a figure 🤣

So that I can place my items in the correct categories and add the appropriate item specifics can we please add minifigures into the GSP?

Thanks

David

Hi @jamjartoys ,

Thank you for your insight on this.

I'm looking into this and getting some support from our postage team. 

Once I've gathered more information I'll share it with you here.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

Whe are all these incorrectly calculated, delivery dates going to be fixed?

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

@dufinkle.ltd wrote:

this subject has been done to death both in this column and many many discussions. I know sellers also complain to seller support without help. Yet many many months later the problem is still here and customers are still complaining and yet nothing gets done.

I am told it is based on courier, location and seller performance which is rubbish, just lies.

I have dispatch set for 2 days and if a buyer, purchases an item on a Friday night, for example, you tell them to expect delivery between Mon-Wed for 2nd class post, Mon-Wed for 1st class post and Wed for 24hr courier.

If the order is taken, on that Friday evening we are closed until Monday, so 2nd class post will never arrive the same day ever. So why is it given? If sent on the Tuesday, when we say it will be sent, then delivery should be Thurs-Friday. I would not mind if you gave Mon-Fri dates, but you give one impossible date, the Mon to another improbable date, Wednesday.

You know about this and have known about this for many many months, yet nothing is done.

You do not listen to the thousands of sellers who have reported this.

So I ask again, when is this going to be fixed, so I can stop finding excuses to tell annoyed customers?

Hi @dufinkle.ltd ,

I understand your examples and we have received alot of feedack on the estimated delivery dates.

eBay calculate the estimated dates on alot of factors including previous performance.

We have raised this with the shipping team who continue to monitor it but we have no confirmation of any change happening with this at the moment.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

@4ponyandrider wrote:

Whe are all these incorrectly calculated, delivery dates going to be fixed?

Hi @4ponyandrider,

The system calculates estimated delivery dates differently than before, it now takes the information provided by the seller along with data taken on eBay's side such as previous performance, location etc. 

While there is no technical issue here there is a change to how it was previously calculated. We are taking feedback from sellers on this and our teams continue to monitor how the change is working. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi Katy

i would really appreciate wider product availability for the eBay packaging voucher. 
It is absolutely useless to me. 
Thank in advance ,

Jo

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

Can we please have an update on progress in restoring Royal Mail Letter and Large Letter postage options to all listings. Previous advice to omit size in Item Specifics hasn't made the problem go away. It has been over 3 weeks now.

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

@johannadee wrote:

Can we please have an update on progress in restoring Royal Mail Letter and Large Letter postage options to all listings. Previous advice to omit size in Item Specifics hasn't made the problem go away. It has been over 3 weeks now.

Hi @johannadee,

The update we have at the moment is that the technical team have identified what is causing the issue and they are now working to resolve it. 

We will continue to update the community on the other threads related to this as we get further updates.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi, im in desperate need of support, ive tried several colleagues via chat who cant help me and the phone number provided never answers. Ive tried called sporadically several times at different times of day and on different days but noone ever answers.

My issue:

I cant sign in. I enter the correct username and password fine, im then asked to enter a verification number. I ask for this t be sent to my registered email address but nothing ever arrives. Everytime i try to enter the appropriate support lines i need to log in to do so and i cant do this without the verification code. Im locked out in a never ending loop and your telephoe support never answerrs to help. this has been ongoing for over 2 weeks now and i get no help whats so ever. 

Im still recieving emails saying ive sold something but cannot access account to review and send. Please help!

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

And that is the problem?  what monitoring needs to be done, that an order taken late on a Friday night, with 2nd class postage, is ever going to arrive on the Monday. It is impossible, and everyone knows it, so what monitoring is needed. You are told over and over and customers complain over and over and all we get it the same scripted replies, hoping that we may go away. Sorry but while customers continue to complain it will never go away until you fix it

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

@bojangled wrote:

Hi Katy

i would really appreciate wider product availability for the eBay packaging voucher. 
It is absolutely useless to me. 
Thank in advance ,

Jo

Hi @bojangled ,

We appreciate you giving this insight as we are always looking to improve options for what is available for different sellers. We will feed this back for review.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

And here we go again. No answer. This has nothing to do with anything except ebay not being able to add 2+2 that is does not make 0. You have had months now to 'listen' to the sellers and complaints from customers yet you do nothing, but offer excuses. Time sellers where listened to for real and this very real problem resolved.

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

@venusdavidwilliams wrote:

Hi, im in desperate need of support, ive tried several colleagues via chat who cant help me and the phone number provided never answers. Ive tried called sporadically several times at different times of day and on different days but noone ever answers.

My issue:

I cant sign in. I enter the correct username and password fine, im then asked to enter a verification number. I ask for this t be sent to my registered email address but nothing ever arrives. Everytime i try to enter the appropriate support lines i need to log in to do so and i cant do this without the verification code. Im locked out in a never ending loop and your telephoe support never answerrs to help. this has been ongoing for over 2 weeks now and i get no help whats so ever. 

Im still recieving emails saying ive sold something but cannot access account to review and send. Please help!

Hi @venusdavidwilliams,

We put together some troubleshooting steps for members facing this issue. You can see the full post here.

As we are on a public platform we are unable to verify your identity and if this issue continues after trying the steps above we would need for you to contact our phone teams. I know you mentioned you have previously had an issue reaching our teams. We have added a link to the correct team you need to speak to at the bottom of the troubleshooting post to try to help with this. 

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having given you examples of how people rush-read, why NOT put Postage
first? That is the question.
Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.