Item still not dispatched

I ordered a small item on the 2nd of February and paid straight away .

the item still hasn't been dispatched it's just sitting saying paid .

i have contacted the seller and still no reply.

i can't log it as not arrived for two more days !!!! 
I can't ask eBay to step in as nothing in actions to do that , I presume I can do that after I have said it's not arrived???? 

I can't see this is a fair way to have this set up is it , I sellers got my money and done nothing in 8 days shouldn't I be able to cancel an it's it's not been dispatched or do something than have to sit around and wait ??!!!! 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

When you pay for an item, you get an email confirming the range of expected delivery dates.  Even before purchase, you can always see an estimated delivery date on the listings as you browse.

Sellers have their accounts set up to fit in with their lives/businesses etc. and some sellers do have longer dispatch times.

Not all sellers mark their items as sent and, as this is a small item, it may not have any tracking.  Your item may be on its way.

You can't open a case stating that you have not received your item until one day after the latest estimated delivery date.  That is to give the seller time to send it.

If the item doesn't arrive and you open a case, Ebay give the seller a short time to sort it out and then, after 3 days, you can ask Ebay to step in.

I know some sites offer next day delivery but Ebay has so many sellers, many of them not running a business, so, when you buy from Ebay sellers, you just have to be patient.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Some sellers have 10 day dispatch times

If your sellers dispatch time is 10 days then the item isn't even delayed yet. You cannot open a case until the estimated delivery date has passed, so it seems your item is still within the sellers quoted delivery window. 

What was the dispatch time quoted on the listing? 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: