Item didn't arrive, got a refund, now two months later suddenly e-mail saying item posted again?

I checked over the forums but has this happened to anyone else?

24th November last year I bought a jumper off a warehouse seller and while it said dispatched, I had a problem with the tracking number not working and then it never turned up. So I messaged the seller asking them to show me what their tracking number was showing and if (as I did discover where the number was from) Amazon could have left it at another address. But they ignored my request and instead offered me a refund or replacement. I chose refund and Dec 4th got the item cost back but not the postage. I cut my losses on that and moved on. Except I checked my e-mails today Feb 9th and to my surprise yesterday e-bay sent me a notification by e-mail that this same jumper has been posted, but there is no date for arrival and the tracking number just goes right back to the original now refunded purchase.  Is this a glitch by e-bay or should I be worried this seller is up to something? And if so what sort of scam should I be looking out for?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item didn't arrive, got a refund, now two months later suddenly e-mail saying item posted again?

There is no scam

There is no way for the seller to get money from you, so don't worry

I would not expect your item to suddenly appear

Just blame an internet glitch as there is no scam 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

plum993
Experienced Mentor

It would appear the ebay notification was overdue,so just ignore it.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

It might not even be an overdue notification but the seller possibly going through sales to do their figures and they've pressed mark and not dispatched my mistake and quickly pressed mark as dispatched. 

I've done that before, so have others. Buyer has had dispatch email. 

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

There is no scam

There is no way for the seller to get money from you, so don't worry

I would not expect your item to suddenly appear

Just blame an internet glitch as there is no scam 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

I recieved a question email from another auction site.

10 years after the site closed.

Think its one of those emails that float round in cyberspace

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you for replying, but I got the original postage e-mail at the time, so this was a duplicate e-mail. Hence why I was puzzled. But I've had reassurance it was likely a glitch so I will ignore it. 🙂 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you for replying, you're right it wouldn't be an overdue one, this e-mail is a duplicate so I guess I was still in their system for their figures. 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you for letting me know that is very reassuring as they struck me as not entirely honest. The tracking number they gave me was supposedly for 'Amazon logistics Europe'  but at no point did it show that a parcel under that number ever existed. 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

In this case it was it's twin! Thank you for replying and 10 years? Wow that's def a ghost from cyberspace past! 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: