Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

How do you send tracked there is no tracing for personal sellers there is not any services available if you go into a post office with your item unless you pay for special delivery over £8 .

You must be a buisnees because royal mail offer no other tracked service in the post office.

Message 1001 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Try Evri my friend they are brillian royal mail are a rip off.

Message 1002 of 1,017
See Most Recent

When evri goes wrong, it's very difficult to communicate with them. No service is faultless. 

My advice is to not trust any courier, every network delivery is beholden to that one person who could at the end of day decide to toss your parcel away. 

Message 1003 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Comming to a post office near you soon.... They are about to accept Evri & DPD parcels so if you think either are good companies then R/M are just about to get involved :-((

Message 1004 of 1,017
See Most Recent

you have to be kidding!  Just got yet another notificiation from EVRI that they have recieved my parcel at their depot today (7/11)  it was dispatched on the 2/10 and they have supposedly been trying to deliver for the past month, the tracking details are a joke!   Knew they would not deliver (their courier is a fool) and got a refund from the seller weeks ago.  (they were supposedly sending RM but decided in their wisdom to send EVRI).   Ordered two items from e bay in the past week from different sellers and both parcels arrived, one on time one early both RM.

Message 1005 of 1,017
See Most Recent

how the heck do you know where the parcels have gone missing?   As for tracking you are talking nonsense, a seller sent me a parcel via EVRI on 2nd Oct  (was advertised as RM or i would not have ordered) and today i have recieved yet another update saying they have got it at the depot and will be sending it out.   The tracking is cr.p, you do not know where the parcel is 24/7 because  they do not give accurate information.

Message 1006 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Maybe your doing something wrong i can track all my parcels daily untill delivered i have never had a problem .

Have you seen the reviews on here about royal mail thousands and thousands of them have lost parcels maybe your need reading the reviews.

Message 1007 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes i have known that for some time , I no evri at the moment is getting so much mail as people are switching from royal mail, i just think royal mail take there parcels in but have no say in the running hope not or i will stop using them as well 🙂

Message 1008 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I have had 3 items not recieved in the last 3 weeks and 2 of them to the same person!

Also one of them i refunded in full but got a late item defect and when i told ebay items wasnt recieved and i refunded, they basically said hard luck because thats what the buyer told them!

Message 1009 of 1,017
See Most Recent

have you seen all the reviews on her about EVRI or are you too blinkered?   

Message 1010 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I am a buyer from eBay ordered item and it's a week late for delivery Royal Mail are getting really poor for delivery 

Message 1011 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes, I have experienced this recently.  I have claimed for a Royal Mail Special Delivery with tracking showing that it is at the delievry depot for 7 days.  That claim will take up to 30 days apparently.

Selling on eBay is becoming a real chore in general.

Message 1012 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Royal Mail are a joke regarding claims. They don't consider it lost until two weeks have passed but say you need to claim within 10 days. Then there are all the hoops they make you jump through to make a claim, sending copies of invoices and the like then only pay the cost of raw materials used not the retail end value. Without a tracked and proof of posting certificate the best you will get is a few stamps. It costs me more to make a claim on low value items due to the time and agrevation - so it is easier and cheaper just to replace. R/Mail are judge and jury on compensation cases, there is no independant ombudsman to go to so I guess if you use R/Mail you have to take your chances and accept they are untouchable and unreasonable generally, Just my own opinions here due to past experiences.  

Message 1013 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Have they tightened up recently? I've had a claim denied because I wasn't able to get proof of postage. The item was signed-for and the tracking shows it in their system so they can't claim I didn't post it, but without that PoP they won't even refund the postage cost.

In some ways it makes it pointless paying for tracking - if they are more interested in you proving you posted it and won't accept their own scans as proof of that, then what point paying the extra?

Message 1014 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes. Happened to us today. Package wasn't accepted by Morrisons at buyer's end, Royal Mail claimed they returned it to sender (us) on the 29th Feb. Nothing of the kind. We've received nothing. Royal Mail appears to have lost it. Their website and phone line are among the worst we have ever encountered, which is really saying something.

if you are sending insist on a signature or else you are absolutely screwed.

Message 1015 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Sending anything by Royal Mail whether signed for or tracked is not great these days. I have had about 20 items in the last 6 months not scanned on delivery or no signature when sent signed for. So i don't know if they have been delivered or not.

You can't ask the customer did you get it or not LOL 😂  They could say no when they did! i have to either wait and see if they leave feedback and if they don't i am on stand by for the 30 days they have to say item hasn't arrived. 

So i can't claim from RM i just have to wait for the 30 days to pass and hope for the best. I did contact their 'help' centre and they said i could claim for a refund on the postage but the time that takes it is just not worth it. As long as the customer hasn't claimed not recieved, i just leave it.

But i am getting so feed up with Royal Mail but as most of my items are large letters or fragile small parcels i wont trust Evri with them. No other choice still but to use them.

Message 1016 of 1,017
See Most Recent

In 15 years on ebay I have lost one signed for parcel and that was 2 weeks ago.

Message 1017 of 1,017
See Most Recent