Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

yes here as well if you took them to the post office go to royal mail track and trace put in the ref no in the receat it will tell you if it has been delivered or not catch the scammers and report them 

Message 961 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Report them to who? Royal Mail aren't interested. Ebay don't believe the tracking information (so why do we upload it).

Ebay should be covering these losses to scammer out of our fees and if there's a pattern they should be preventing those people from buying on the platform.

If you have a known shoplifter in your Bricks and Mortar store, you bar them, ebay COULD do the same, but as long as the fees keep rolling in...

Message 962 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Paypal Guarantee hasn't applied since they introduced managed payments.

It's an ebay guarantee now, for what that is worth...

Message 963 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Ebay do use the tracking information supplied ?

if the item has a genuine tracking that can be tracked properly ebay will simply side with the seller.

if something is sent without tracking then ebay will fall on the side of the buyer

Message 964 of 1,017
See Most Recent

kris5161 I can't think of any other way of doing this. That is what tracking is for and it would be difficult to argue.  I am sure there are people who either don't understand how tracking works or they have found a way round it. You do get a feeling that something is wrong and it is really annoying

Message 965 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes same here. I post a package the buyer returned it I was away on holiday Royal Mail sent it back but for some reason the buyer didn't receive it. What does someone do if they lost their item? 

Message 966 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes I've not received items . Only to find out its been returned ? I still wanted the item. But could now not get the item . Went without had full refund . Not ideal but never lost any money. Thanks Martin

Get Outlook for Android<>
Message 967 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Its probably due t ostrikes and a large back log of parcels.

RM are giving priority to signed for/tracked parcels.

Ebay has messages to this effect on the website.

Message 968 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Sometimes don't bother uploading tracking number until a buyer says haven't received. Which they have as GPS and signed for. 
just had one, wanted a replacement which I have not got and told her politely I'm on holiday to next week but may extend due to eye appointment at hospital.  Depending on what they say about the eye bulging.

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 969 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Hello everyone. 

I hope to find an answer here as seems someone is having the same issue.

I sell here and in other platforms and all my delivery are done. As you said UK is increasing and also Spain.

I am a private Seller and  have sold an item at almost 300euro and shipped on the 6th of October ,from Portugal to Birmingham, with Registered Service and Custom form attached as I always do.

Since the 10th everything was fine and that the shipment arrived at the closest Royal Mail office from the buyer's address ( 1km).

During the following week I checked every day and the shipment didn't move from that Office, I contacted my Postal Service and they have opened a claim to Royal Mail, but till now is still in process.

I informed the buyer and asked to go in that Royal Mail office and check if package is there maybe hold for customs or for missing delivery attempt.

The buyer informed me we went at the Royal Mail office and they said to report as lost time without providing him any proof of paper. 

Since this never happened to me I asked eBay to help in the dispute and today ebay.co.uk has closed the case Refunding the money to the buyer. Other than that I have been not refunded about the Selling Fees that are still be counted as paid. 

I am wondering how the dispute can be closed without asking proof about the shipment?

Also, the parcel have reached the last Post Office before to be delivered and this is not my fault; where is the protection for the Seller in this case?

I don't know if this can help but i have picture, videos of the packaging, proof of shipment and all the proof about this sell.

I really hope someone can help

Thank you in advance

Message 970 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

During the last 3 weeks in November I have had THREE packets (each containing extremely well disguised coins) 'mysteriously' go missing via the Royal Mail PLUS a bottle of not very well disguised Brandy, which was sent as a standard Parcel sent on 22nd November. This is too much of a coincidence-approaching Christmas ??? Somebody is having a laugh. I hope the Brandy gives them brain damage , sell the coins , buy some first class drugs and sink into an everlasting coma the baxtxrds.

Message 971 of 1,017
See Most Recent

discre
Conversationalist

Bought a low value item in October and indeed it has gone 'missing' (ie Royal Mail have lost it, it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere, they've delivered it to a different address etc etc).  First one ever. Seller refunded as soon as a reasonable time had elapsed but wasn't happy about it. 

I was really annoyed as it was a rare booklet and I'm unlikely to ever find another.  I have a degree of sympathy for the strikers but that's disappearing all too quickly once my mail starts disappearing as well!

Message 972 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Buying from anywhere on tracked does not require a signature on delivery.  Its an easy option for someone to photo it on your doorstep then pick it back up and make it disappear.

For a signature it costs 30p and its then not as easy for them to get round a system as it requires a physical mark.  If a signature is not aquired then it goes back to the depot. 

Message 973 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes I think some items do get delivered much later than they should. I've had this happen to me. Then your relying on the customer to be honest and let you know the item has been delivered late.

However I have also had sender posting items more than a week after purchase and saying due to industrial action item will be late then say they resending the item as royal mail has lost it before you request whereabouts of item ?

Strange they say it's going to be late and say it's been resent . I ordered 6 items from black Friday sale all via royal mail some came before the others were sent?. My experience says if it was sent sooner or later it will be delivered.

Message 974 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Buying tracked via Royal mail . Only means once it's delivered do they let you know. When checking tracked items they no longer tell you it's ready for delivery or out for delivery. Waste of money paying tracked.

I'm not happy about royal mails attitude not keeping up to date tracking. They are saving money by not using their systems to the full potential And charging you for it.

Message 975 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Are you kidding me?

This is todays Daily Mail.

I have closed for all December and getting INR from Novemer 20 onwards.

cards.jpg

Message 976 of 1,017
See Most Recent

That's scary.

Message 977 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I had a parcel opened and one of the items within stolen.
{Royal Mail first class}
Very well packed, I packed it and sent it, and the buyer {Friend of friend} is known to be trustworthy.

I also received a package that had been opened, and roughly re-sealed..it was a book on a 19th C horse rider, so very limited interest to anyone else.
Son said it looked like it might have been a DVD {It was that long ago!} hence that was wht the package opened.

Message 978 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I buy tracked via Royal Mail but I don't check in their tracking I use other tracking sites 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 979 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes, if you have been using the Royal Mail, that is the problem it is very strange some items sent in this turmoil have been received in a couple of days but I sold a router 18 days ago that was sent recorded delivery and it has only just been received.

I don't do international anymore, I used to but it is far too risky these days.

Message 980 of 1,017
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: