"British jobs for British workers"

"British jobs for British workers" - Gordon Brown (2009) ... he's the best Prime Minister we've ever had (BBC, Guardian, etc.)

"British jobs for British workers" - Nigel Farage (2015) ... he's the worst racist who has ever stood for office (BBC, Guardian, etc.)

Message 1 of 34
See Most Recent
33 REPLIES 33

DUPLICITY RULES (At the Guardian) OK ?

Mister EMB

Message 2 of 34
See Most Recent

I was referring to the OP, which to my mind are completely at odds with each other. If you've got the time on your hands to go ferreting around for links, I haven't. Nor, unlike you, the inclination.

Pity you couldn't just take the thread for what it was, without the need to make a meal out of it.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 34
See Most Recent

The Media , ( BBC and Mainstream ) 

Have definitely "got it in " for Farage 

Saying that he does seem to be suffering from "fott in mouth disease " at the minute , and no doubt nervy about the GE 

Why would someone say what he did about "British jobs etc , repeal the race discrimination laws etc "

Strikes me as a radical at any time 

There are millions in this country who want a referendum on the EU , and Nigel and his Ukip Army are on the cards to give it to them 

The ram is just about touching the gate , why go off on one now ? , best say nothing , or keep it simple and let the momentum take you there .

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 5 of 34
See Most Recent

Yes, DEFINITELY. The political establishment rounds up on Farage because they know he says what they are afraid to say. Not only that but he stands up for the British people and his words give volume to what many of the public think. The usual banal criticisms from Cameron, Miliband and Clegg who continue to hold the public in absolute contempt. Yet we may well find very soon that the three stooges will try to use Farage's words as their own in their desperate attempts to cultivate the populists vote! Nigel has ruffled the feathers of the pious political elite and their supporters in the media. It's about time someone did?
Message 6 of 34
See Most Recent

ukipper.jpeg

We are many,They are few
Message 7 of 34
See Most Recent

And. Nigel Farage says his discrimination law remarks were wilfully misinterpreted. His discrimination law remarks were ... I would argue that the law does need changing, and that if an ... Farage replied: No. ... frequently saw signs saying 'no blacks, no dogs, no Irish'.
Message 8 of 34
See Most Recent

All i want is "workfare " ,. for anyone in receipt of benefits 

They must work and pay thier benefits off , whilst in receipt of them .

Its  agreat policy for many reasons ,

Primarily its will boost the self esteem of anyone in receipt , as they will  be "giving back " , 

Secondly it help assuage the stigma of being a scrounger a freeloader and a  malingerer , 

Thirdly it will help to dispel the myth , that being a deadweight on society is some kind of "opt out " , and that by doing something towards their keep , however humbling and demeaning , is far far better than , the life of permanent ,-telly watching- curtains closed - taker 

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 9 of 34
See Most Recent

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

I was referring to the OP, which to my mind are completely at odds with each other. If you've got the time on your hands to go ferreting around for links, I haven't. Nor, unlike you, the inclination.

Pity you couldn't just take the thread for what it was, without the need to make a meal out of it.

Of course the quotes in the OP are at complete odds with each other - the point is they are also inaccurate or to put it more bluntly, untrue!

Pity so many are willing to accept a statement such as the OP without checking its veracity. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 34
See Most Recent

Creeky old bean, your enthusiasm for investigative journalism is to be commended.

However, I think you should try a less stressful hobby. Something along the lines of fly fishing or or macrame might be better for you, leaving the difficult task of amateur sleuthing to the professionals, specifically Gloria Hunniford and Angela Rippon.  Smiley

Mister EMB

Message 11 of 34
See Most Recent

No stress my old fruit 🙂

One of these days everyone will have heard of how easy Google is to use Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 34
See Most Recent

Oh, I acquiesce.

Google is your friend photo google-friend-1.gif

And our friend Arthur, will be chuffed at the number of posts that his thread has accumulated. Smiley

Mister EMB

Message 13 of 34
See Most Recent

Of course the OP was a wind-up.

Not even the loonies at the BBC and the Guardian thought Gordon Brown was a good Prime Minister. laugh3-smiley.gif

Message 14 of 34
See Most Recent

laugh3-smiley.gif laugh3-smiley.gif laugh3-smiley.gif laugh3-smiley.gif laugh3-smiley.gif laugh3-smiley.gif laugh3-smiley.gif

pp

Sir Arthur Strebe-Grebling.

Mister EMB

Message 15 of 34
See Most Recent

Hasnt the term "British"  got extended too much, these days.

In the past, it used to mean the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish. These people have lived in our islands, for ages past.

They've contributed to, and built up, a unique "British" culture.  Which has made us all "British".

But nowadays,  the term "British" gets applied to all kinds of new immigrants, who don't want anything to do with us.

They don't participate in our culture.  Rather, they want to destroy it.

Why should they be called "British" - doesn't it get your goat?

Message 16 of 34
See Most Recent

smiley on fish hook photo image010-32.gif

Mister EMB

Message 18 of 34
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

Hasnt the term "British"  got extended too much, these days.

In the past, it used to mean the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish. These people have lived in our islands, for ages past.

They've contributed to, and built up, a unique "British" culture.  Which has made us all "British".

But nowadays,  the term "British" gets applied to all kinds of new immigrants, who don't want anything to do with us.

They don't participate in our culture.  Rather, they want to destroy it.

Why should they be called "British" - doesn't it get your goat?

The only thing that is uniquely British is that we are all mongrels, a Nation created by immigration

HUGS help us grow stronger

There's one race - the HUMAN race
Message 19 of 34
See Most Recent

Are not "all" countries , made up of differnt people , migrants , etc , over the years 

Can you think of any examples of actual countries who dont allow migration ?

Japan perhaps ?  China ? mind you China was invaded by the Mongols , 700 years ago , ( as was India , Russia , All of Asia , and the Middle east , as well as Europ as far as Hungary ? )

and the Mongols themselves were made up of differnt tribes , notably Tartars .

It does beg the question , "where do you start , and where do you stop "

You have only got to spend a short time (half an hour ) in some coastal village , anywhere in the UK , (notably the East coast of Fife )

And you will see products of interbreeding and recursive genes ,

These towns , not being on the main road , and naturally suspicious of strangers could well of done with some "migration " over the years 

rejuvenate the bloodlines 

Message 20 of 34
See Most Recent