"British jobs for British workers"

"British jobs for British workers" - Gordon Brown (2009) ... he's the best Prime Minister we've ever had (BBC, Guardian, etc.)

"British jobs for British workers" - Nigel Farage (2015) ... he's the worst racist who has ever stood for office (BBC, Guardian, etc.)

Message 1 of 34
See Most Recent
33 REPLIES 33

Re: "British jobs for British workers"

'Well of'?
Message 21 of 34
See Most Recent

Man Surprised

' The only thing that is uniquely British is that we are all mongrels, a Nation created by immigration.'  Only?

Possibly one of the best examples is Chedder Man who is an example of how people have stayed where they where for thousands of years.

The remains of Chedder Man were excavated in 1903 and have been dated at around  7,150 BC.

In 1996 , his DNA was profiled and  a sample was taken from 20  residents  of a nearby  village was taken. It produced two exact matches and one match with a single mutation . The close match was a history teacher  named  Adrian Target.

What this means is incredible - these people  are direct decendents of Cheddar Man and still and still live in the same area,  nearly 10,000 years later.

The historical and genetic evidence  support the fact that there Is indeed a native people  of Britain who have a right to this land. We have as much right  as the Amercan Indians, Aborigines or Maoris.

I'm sure there must be something unique about us too. Well there's Tommy for a start. 

Message 22 of 34
See Most Recent

Cheddar Man is an interesting case - as Mere says two of the twenty local residents tested are direct descendants of Cheddar Man.

What wasn't mentioned is that 11% of ALL Europeans are also direct descendants of this one man as are 10% of all the Worlds population who have a European heritage.  So maybe people didnt stay in one place as much as some claim.  In fact we know they didn't as the ice age forced the population to migrate - that would explain why some North Africans are also descendants of Cheddar Man.

Message 23 of 34
See Most Recent

The only actual racist I can think of in modern politics is Labour's Diane Abbott.  However as she isn't caucasian she can make offensive and bigoted statements without being heckled in the street or driven out of watering holes.  One rule for one...

Message 24 of 34
See Most Recent

We all know that. But the lady you refer to is black. Therefore, she cannot be too severely disparaged. Unless you want to get arrested by the police, for hate-crime.

Message 25 of 34
See Most Recent

@welsh.goddess wrote:

@malacandran wrote:

Hasnt the term "British"  got extended too much, these days.

In the past, it used to mean the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish. These people have lived in our islands, for ages past.

They've contributed to, and built up, a unique "British" culture.  Which has made us all "British".

But nowadays,  the term "British" gets applied to all kinds of new immigrants, who don't want anything to do with us.

They don't participate in our culture.  Rather, they want to destroy it.

Why should they be called "British" - doesn't it get your goat?

The only thing that is uniquely British is that we are all mongrels, a Nation created by immigration

Man Surprised  Only!  Are you sure?

If you take a broad understanding of the term ''mongrel,'' then we're all mixed somewhere down the line except maybe for a few isolated populations like the San  (Bushmen) and Pygmies of Africa, or Australian Aborigines.

We quite simply aren't a mongrel nation - the indigenous British are still genetically 80% of the native Brits, with the rest made up of Anglo-Saxon, Norman and other contributions like Flemish. This has been the case for thousands of years.

Mind you Blair, did his best to change matters. He for some reason reduced that 80% quite a bit. And Cameron, isn't bothered. Clegg, isn't bothered.   Farage, is bothered.  And look how the three main parties are bothered with Farage.

However, perhaps we should not worry about it?  NO one is ''pure'' anything.  And there is nothing wrong with a mongrel IMO.

Don't get depressed about it.  Why does it really matter?  No label is that important.  Relax, and if you can enjoy who YOU are.

WOW!  KUDOS FOR THE OP'.

Message 26 of 34
See Most Recent

Down at my local Indian Restaurant ( The New Raj) A group of formally unemployed products of our Comprehensive Schooling system reluctantly serve Roast Beef with three veg, Horseradish and a choice of Nann bread. Puddings include those Indian Classics, Kolkata Mess and Mumbai Crumble, Water has gone ordered in advance unless you are happy for one of the kitchen porters to walk seven miles to the nearest reservoir and back, it's. About authenticity. Most staff last less than a week.
Message 27 of 34
See Most Recent

Smiley Surprised                       

As Mel B would say:    Du, ju, no, wot? 

And Du, du, no, what?  We in East London used to have a fish and chip shop on almost every street. (well mostly corners).

Now it seems there is hardly any.  Well I haven't seen one for years.  And mostly the pubs have been boarded up and standing there empty for many years, or gone forever it seems.

A whole way of life gone forever. How they will continue with the Eastenders soap I don't know. Move to Essex I suppose?

And yes, I would be happy for one of the kitchen porters to walk the seven miles to the nearest reservoir and back.

If the service, requires that.  Mubai Crumble?  That wouldn't be 'fish and chips,' would it?  Yum, yummy!

Thank you. 

Message 28 of 34
See Most Recent

You are witnessing the destruction of Britain. 

Message 29 of 34
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

You are witnessing the destruction of Britain. 

Well...    Du,  ju,  no,  wot?    We figured that out too.     But we are not going without a fight:

001.JPG

Cant get it in our garage though. Someone's bound to tell on us.

8 kudos, now for the OP' Man Wink     As Fagin would say:  Got any more my dears? 

Message 30 of 34
See Most Recent

Shouldn't the gun be pointing outwards, to shoot at the invaders?  Or is it a symbol of modern Britain?

Message 31 of 34
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

Shouldn't the gun be pointing outwards, to shoot at the invaders?  Or is it a symbol of modern Britain?

Man Surprised I see wise guy?

Now listen carefully, I shall say this only once:    NO!

The invaders round our house are out back in the garden sheds. That's a symbol of modern Britain too Man Wink .

Message 32 of 34
See Most Recent

Okay, own up. Which one of you lives here? I know who my money is on.

ukip house.jpg

Message 33 of 34
See Most Recent

Man LOLWoman LOL

Now we have been asked to own up? And told he knows who his money is on?

He knows that none of us do live there. (but lets allow his form of humour Man Wink). Well perhaps that's what it is? I know what my moneys on.

Now as he has shown an ''actual'' picture of someones private address. I would think that is personal? 

Now I might be allowed a similar picture of what might be his home?   Well the ''clues'' are there.  And I have withheld the actual address. 

000_0016.JPG

Yes, (like one or two others) you, always want the last word.   YOU can have it Man Wink.  Back tomorrow probably? 

Message 34 of 34
See Most Recent