YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable
44 REPLIES 44

Re: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Can a dog happily live on vegetables - it  seems surprising, and against Nature. 

Perhaps the dog's owner is politically correct. And so trying to enlighten the dog?

Message 41 of 45
See Most Recent

If you examine the contents of many dog foods you will see that there is a significant amount of veg matter and a tiny amount of meat, However I too would expect a dog to be carnivorous.

Wonder if it affects their stools? 

Message 42 of 45
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is often not much meat in dog and cat food tins. Dogs will eat about everything they can when they are hungry, but I do think they prefer meat if given the choice. My cats go mental when I'm cutting up fresh chicken or meat and they will first go toward the real deal before eating their tin food.

Message 43 of 45
See Most Recent

When I was a lad, we had a cat who was partial to eating Mars bars. They made her jaws stick together, to the amusement of the family onlookers, as we watched her straining to get her jaws open for the next bite.

This cat also liked Marmite on toast. Which seems faintly civilised.  

However, she once caught a sparrow in the front-garden, and I was shocked by the sight of her gulping it into her mouth, feathers and all.

Message 44 of 45
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a cat that loved peanut butter, another liked wotsits and one even liked melon. One of the cats I have now likes chocolate and even stranger she will put her nose in my tobacco if I don't close the pack. I don't think she ever had the chance to eat any as far as I know so don't know if she would, but it's weird that she likes the smell. Hmmm... makes me wonder now what kind of stuff is mixed in it.................dead  birds maybe?.............Smiley LOL

Message 45 of 45
See Most Recent