YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable
44 REPLIES 44

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

"Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment."

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew I could count on you CD. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

You sure can.

A google search on greenmedinfo turns up some interesting if not revealing comments.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, and so does Monsanto.

Maybe you should run for government. https://youtu.be/x3c0JgZ59QQ   Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

I think we can be pretty certain that what we eat now bores little resemblance to the food that was eaten in the 50s and 60s, in nutritional value, taste, and the contamination of pesticides and herbicides.

I think the use and impact  of glyposphate has been underestimated and we are slowly poisoning ourselves.

They say also that it has no impact on the environment as its meant to neutralise as it hits the soil, where now it is found their will be a gradual build up especially in northern hemisphere countries.

simple test easy to grow yourself radishes and those from the supermarket, there is no comparison.

look how they kill off the foliage on potatoe plants with the stuff before harvest, that cant be good.

http://www.gmfreecymru.org/pivotal_papers/human_urine.html

Message 7 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

I would never knowingly eat GM foods, neither would I knowingly eat Halal meat. But both are creeping into our supermarkets, and we don't know what we are eating.
Message 8 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

You have a choice but it means abandoning the big Supermarkets and if possible growing your own. Fresh fruit and veg should not be a difficult aquisition in this day and age.

Message 9 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

simple test easy to grow yourself radishes and those from the supermarket, there is no comparison.

There is a reason for that, the varieties used for commercial production are chosen for their appearance and quantity not for their taste.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

gmo.png

Message 11 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

What about Eskimos - they live on the North Polar Icecap, where no green vegetables or fruit grow. The Eskimos only eat seals and whales. Does that cause them problems (the Eskimos I mean, not the seals and whales)

If Eskimos can get by healthily,  without consuming 5 portions of fruit per day, why can't we all?

Message 12 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Read what you will and find out two things.

1/ Everything is "good for you".

2/ Everything is bad for you.

It depends who's grinding which axe.

Bananas (and some other fruits) release Ethylene during ripening. Ethylene ain't good for you. Ban fruits? (Yeah, I know "they" use Ethylene gas to ripen some fruits.... but that's a different story.)

A young girl died and it was eventually found that her excessive chewing gum habit was the cause of her death. Ban chewing gum?

Some people suffer severe reactions (even death) from consuming nuts. Ban nuts?

And so it goes on.... Excessive quantities of some things are "bad" for you, on the whole they're "good" for you unless you are one of the unfortunates who react to even small quantities of such things.

Alcohol and Tobacco kill some people, others seem to indulge in vast quantities but still live to a great age.

I suppose it comes down to "Choose your poison"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

@cee-dee wrote:

Read what you will and find out two things.

1/ Everything is "good for you".

2/ Everything is bad for you.

It depends who's grinding which axe.

Bananas (and some other fruits) release Ethylene during ripening. Ethylene ain't good for you. Ban fruits? (Yeah, I know "they" use Ethylene gas to ripen some fruits.... but that's a different story.)

A young girl died and it was eventually found that her excessive chewing gum habit was the cause of her death. Ban chewing gum?

Some people suffer severe reactions (even death) from consuming nuts. Ban nuts?

And so it goes on.... Excessive quantities of some things are "bad" for you, on the whole they're "good" for you unless you are one of the unfortunates who react to even small quantities of such things.

Alcohol and Tobacco kill some people, others seem to indulge in vast quantities but still live to a great age.

I suppose it comes down to "Choose your poison"?

A very wise reply.

Suppose we had the potential to live for ever. Then it would be sensible to avoid any foods/drinks/drugs which were "poisonous".  In the sense that they curtailed our immortality, and made us die unnecessarily.

But as things are, we all have to die anyway, after 100 years or so at most.

So during these brief years, we might as well choose to ingest things that give us pleasure, even if they are "poisonous".

Message 14 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's indeed all about choice. IF indeed it is our own choice. We can indulge privately in any poison we want, but I'm not so keen on being forced to eat poison I don't want because someone else likes to get rich pushing it on people.

It's funny how some scream about cannabis being made legal, but are totally happy when the powers to be are poisoning mother earth.

It's OK to ban smoking everywhere so it won't affect non-smoker's health....but let Monsanto carry on poisoning all the food we eat.

It would make me laugh if it wasn't so deadly serious.

If you don't want to live to a hundred, fine....maybe your kids would like to inherit an earth that is not totally ruined.

Message 15 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Well said Harry 🙂

It's just been found out its been scientifically proven hoarding 10 pence pieces wont save you from the ice age either . Corrupt corperates still refute this as nonsense and say the only way to survive this minor set back is to hoard more and kill anyone else who thinks differently 'by hook or by crook of course' and thats how they will save the human race,so lets give a little prayer thanks for them over supper .(Consisting of scrumptious cyanide preservatives) every little helps.hoho

Message 16 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

Maybe your supermarket is different Harry but in mine I can buy organically grown vegetables if I wish to - likewise I can buy organic meat, sugar, eggs, flour etc.

In many cases I choose not to because of the cost.  That's the real point - if all food was grown without the various chemicals that are used then food costs would rise and there would be shortages.

Message 18 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

The more people who buy organic, the cheaper it will become...or watch the good life and grow your own,a few folk on here often say the way forward from now is a step backwards,and I agree...let mr P money and mrs M mineallmine have it ,stop depending on a pretend reality of spoon feeding and get back to the good life ,then we can go back to pre thatcher and say 'who cares what diddy doddy and duddy pledge ,my gran needs her supper.

Message 19 of 45
See Most Recent

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

This is the same stuff Monsanto put in most of their weedkillers & herbicides

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-32677411

Colombia to ban coca spraying herbicide glyphosate

Colombia has announced it will stop using a controversial herbicide to destroy illegal plantations of coca, the raw ingredient for cocaine.

The decision follows a warning by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that glyphosate is "probably carcinogenic".

The product has been used in US-sponsored crop-spraying anti-narcotics programmes in South America.

President Juan Manuel Santos has said Colombia will need to find other mechanisms to combat coca production.

Anti-narcotics officials in Colombia will have until October to prepare an alternative plan.

Message 20 of 45
See Most Recent