Why are the Police looking for them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3045581/Family-six-including-fodren-eight-reported-missing-p...

A family of six - including four children aged under eight - were today reported missing from Britain as police warned they may be heading to Syria by land. Asif Malik, 31, his partner Sara Kiran, 29, and their four children Zoha Malik, seven, Essa Malik, four, Zakariya Malik, two, and Yhaya Malik, one, were last seen in Berkshire on April 7. The alarm was raised when some of the children failed to attend Claycots Primary School in their home town of Slough, and police broke down the family's door on Thursday to enter their flat. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3045581/Family-six-including-four-children-eight-reported-mi...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 38
See Most Recent
37 REPLIES 37

They are his kids ,,he and his wife can take them where they want..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 38
See Most Recent

Initially, with all these cases of people departing for Syria, I thought they should be prevented from doing so.

After mulling it over these last few weeks I've changed my mind because looking at them and seeing their actions, they're all of the same ilk. They want to dress, behave and act the same way as those demented people who follow the idiotic teachings of an ancient criminalistic terrorist. They've obviously learned nothing while they've been here and have not intergrated at all so go on, clear off, you're not coming back here either!

In "Western" countries over the last few hundred years we've learned a lot and moved on from when Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake for daring to profess a belief in Cosmic Pluralism in complete contrast to those mindless people with whom those leaving this country seem to want to join and continue with the backward practices of hundreds of years ago so GO.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 38
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that is what that family wants then let them be. The children are their responsibility and if they feel that their children are better off in a Muslim country then who are we to stop them.

Message 4 of 38
See Most Recent

Message 5 of 38
See Most Recent

Other relatives are concerned for their safety and have complained to the police.  And regardless of the destination the police would have no choice but to treat it as a missing person's case.  The fact the majority of us can see it as a complete waste of taxpayer's money is quite beside the point...

Message 6 of 38
See Most Recent

They are not really 'missing' if they were seen at the ferry port and crossed the Channel 12 days ago, are they?

If they want to go it's up to them, IMO, and if their relatives are upset that's between them and their family.  

I cannot see that it is police business any more.  I hope our police don't waste more money looking for them.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 7 of 38
See Most Recent

Totally agree. They are looking to the Turkish police to stop them. Why? Let them go. If they are pro ISIS they do not belong here.
Message 8 of 38
See Most Recent

Do You remember the Father who blamed the Police for allowing His 15yo Daughter to get to Syria, btw He was also involved, like the above Family with preacher Anjem Choudary, He took Her on Hate marches

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3013703/Father-jihadi-bride-schoolgirl-attended-2012-Islamis...

Message 9 of 38
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

If that is what that family wants then let them be. The children are their responsibility and if they feel that their children are better off in a Muslim country then who are we to stop them.

The children are indeed the 'responsibility' of the parents but are you saying they have sole responsibility.  As a country do we not have a joint responsibility to ensure that children are not put in danger?

Message 10 of 38
See Most Recent

I do remember. People have to take responsibility for themselves and their families, no point blaming the police.
Message 11 of 38
See Most Recent

Once they leave to join "isis"... take their passports of them and dont let them back in to the UK..

Message 12 of 38
See Most Recent

I don't understand why the British police keep getting involved in these cases. If people are taking their whole families abroad to settle in another country/culture they clearly don't want to stay here. Just travelling abroad is not committing an offence.

If a British citizen goes abroad and engages in other forms of criminal activity such as football hooliganism, drug smuggling or whatever, then it is not the responsibility of the British police to apprehend them and bring them to justice. If any of these people travel to Syria and commit crimes then surely it is a local police issue.

Message 13 of 38
See Most Recent

Because the vast majority of people in the UK vote for one of two parties that make such searches mandatory.  It is neither the police's fault nor the actual justice system but legislation enforced by the UK government.  Therefore if anyone has an issue with such things they know what to do when voting time comes...

Message 14 of 38
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you feel that every family who wants to move from one country to another needs to be checked out if they are not putting their children at risk or just Muslims.

I came here with my husband and a 5 month old baby. Should someone have checked out if that was the right move for my child or was that up to me to decide?

How many come here with their families because they feel that this is the right place for them.

I really don't see the difference when it's the other way around.

Message 15 of 38
See Most Recent

You were not taking your baby to a war zone where a very strict, outdated and outmoded way of life is rigorously imposed though were you? That's the difference and why some were concerned!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 38
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any proof that they will take them to that specific area?

Message 17 of 38
See Most Recent

Strict, yes. Outmoded...by our standards, but if people wish to live a certain way, they can. I have no problem with anyone living their lives as they wish...my problem arises when any people try to impose their wishes on me. We can be a 'haven' for those escaping such a lifestyle, We have a more relaxed society, and if some do not like it, it is better they leave than expect this country to change for them. We have no more right to forbid people to leave because we do not approve of their choice, than they have to make us live their way. As long as they left of their own volition and were not kidnapped, we should let them get on with it. But anyone who leaves believing in a regime like Isis, should never be allowed back...they choose to leave, they give up their rights here.
Message 18 of 38
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.

Message 19 of 38
See Most Recent

Absolutely agree.

The father Asif Malik was a  member of a banned extremist group / terrorist organisation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11548109/Slough-family-of-six-feared-to-b...

Andem Choudary, the radical muslim cleric said:

He (Malik) was always a champion for shariah and is very influential in the community."

Choudary criticised the Government for attempting to restrict British Muslims from travelling to Syria.

"I think they want to live under sharia and escape the oppressive life they have in this country and under this government," he said.

Why would we want this extremist who apparently finds this country oppressive, to come back here?

I can understand the concerns for the safety of his children, but what in all serious would the UK propose to do - they can hardly just bring the children back.

I suppose some people will argue that he deserves concern because he has a British passport. I say if he wants to live in a muslim country and continue to stir up hatred against non-muslims and support terrorist activities, let him go.   

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 20 of 38
See Most Recent