Turkey Military Coup

Looks like a military coup is underway!!! Their joining the EU on back burner I guess....

"CONFUSION WILL BE MY EPITAPH...."
Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

Turkey Military Coup

Just watching live on RT,interviewed a bloke says he was on a night out sipping coffee with his mate and "this incident occured" so they went home. Smiley Surprisedcool as a cucumber!

We are many,They are few
Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Not sure when the last time was, that a member of NATO had a military coup; if ever............the worlds on fire and the flames are spreading.

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Probobaly linked to appointment of Boris as foreign secretary

We are many,They are few
Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

I'm a bit concerned as three friends are in Turkey at the moment and are due back on Tuesday. Hope they get out OK.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Greece -1967

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Well...Turkey does have history of coups...recent ones were 1960, 1971, 1980, 1997... I might have missed a few.... Its practically one a decade!!! It's struggling to retain democracy on one hand and Islamisation on the other! At the moment it's secular but it's hanging on a thread! The leaders of this coup are linked to an exiled ex imam, Muhammed Gülen in the USA...an intellectual traditional moderate who has the death sentence hanging over him in Turkey after exposing government corruption! He actually sounds like a decent bloke ...but you can't tell....

Turkey has had a very turbulent time....it is where East meets West... With all that entails....plus... corruption runs deep! Every so often they kick off against Greece over Cyprus...

"CONFUSION WILL BE MY EPITAPH...."
Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

If anyones on facebook try facebook live map,you can hover your mouse over anywhere in the world and see live feeds,i hovered over part of Scotland and it was streaming footage from someones bedroom! and theres plenty of live streams coming out of Turkey

We are many,They are few
Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Failed,

Not enough Military Units took part

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

.........and that's what happens when people THINK they know what other people want, only to find out ( when push comes to shove ) that they weren't so disgruntled with what they had after all.........and that's when dealing with their OWN people; imagine just how wide of the mark you could be, when it's somebody else's country.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Evoman, I think it was all an inside job.

Now the military will be completely purged of non-Islamists and Turkey will move more towards an Islamist facist state that supports a caliphate.

Erdogan has been using incidents of disobedience to take more power.....this will embolden him further.

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Well, enough people voted for him in the last election ( 50% from what I've read ) and enough turned out in the streets; when he called on them to do so. So, dare I say, they'll get what they wanted......even what they deserve.

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

It demonstrates all that is wrong when a country try's to be Democratic but is also subject to the influence of a religion. In this instance a religion which is undemocratic, sets up courts which punish women for showing their face and are supportive of men abusing women. This is the gulf that exists. Perhaps the best place for these people to set up a caliphate is the Moon. Go on off you go.

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Taking up your mention of religion (even though it's a bit off-topic?), the religions are founded on "stories" written long after the subject was dead and as such don't represent an eye-witness account plus, they were first written in an ealy language which has been subject to transcription from early writings which have been mis-translated so the original meaning has been lost, in some instances completely twisted and corrupted. Not only that, they contain many contradictions and depending on the thinking of the people concerned, they pick the "story" (or direction) that suits them at the time.

Followers are expected to follow the "teachings" or "directions" with blind faith and are expected to accept them as fact without question. It's all madness and to have a constitution largely formulated from such things is really beyond comprehension at this stage of human development.

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Bit like the "Magna Carta" then

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Nothing fictional about Magna Carta. Magna Carta is real....and you can go and read it for yourself...if you want to! 

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Correct. In referring to that document, it's referred to as "Magna Carta", the word "the" is not used.

Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

CngZ9F4WgAEWs0g.jpg

We are many,They are few
Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Turkey Military Coup

Who said it was fictional? not me.Just made up your own story.

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent