The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Too late for a Darwin Award...

... he already has a four year old son: http://www.fgtnews.com/random/skydiving-stunt-to-attempt-jump-without-a-parachute-or-wingsuit-on-heaven-sent/ Brief extracts for those who hate links: Luke Aikans, a professional skydiver who performed stunts f...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Latin Abbreviations

The Government is intending to ban the use of Latin abbreviations on its websites in order to avoid confusing people who do not speak English. Whatever next! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/government-bans-latin-abbreviations-on-its-websit...

Dallas shootings - the 'other suspects'

During the shootings Police were putting out stories of multiple shooters and that armed Black men in camouflage, were on the streets as well as the snipers (plural) This guy was listed as an 'Armed and dangerous' Suspect, all over local Media and so...

wrong-suspect.png Cm0KrTVVUAAbB6e.jpg

Interesting..........

..........even if undoubtedly refuted, by those with blinkers and a liberal dose of conditioning !! http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/labour-deserves-die/?_ga=1.77894868.1950591059.1469006668

RENTAL PROPERTY landlord using attic space

Does anyone know the definitive answer to this...My pregnant daughter and her partner have just rented a house and move today. When they got into the house there was a new lock on the attic space hatch where they were hoping to store some of their st...

Maths Mastery, what is it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36772954 They're going to spend £41 million promoting "Maths Mastery" but what the heck is it? Please, no links. Anyone familiar with it? Show some examples of the teaching? I've looked at loads of links and all th...

User avatar by Guide
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tory leadership?

OK, how about saying who your preferred winner would be and predicting who will eventually win? I'd prefer Leadsom but I think May will probably win. Just for once..... is it possible to just stick to the topic?

rant
User avatar by Guide
  • 83 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brexit scaremongering is coming to pass

So The Pounds in the Toilet (Even with massive Bank of England backing) 31 year low Businesses in panic over rising import costs Companies & Financial Institutions are readying plans to leave the UK Ex-pats in limbo, over whither they'll be allowed t...

Chilcot/Blair.

Is this issue turning in to another blame game? Are people picking on an easy target again? Blair can be got at, the bombers and terrorists can't? I don't care one bit for the grinning fool but after wasting 7 years and heck knows how much money, wha...

User avatar by Guide
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pistorious.

Did you see that judge delivering her verdict? On and on........ I gave up watching in the end she was rambling on so much. So she gave him credit for saying sorry eh? Six years....... is that enough and should the prosecution appeal?

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caroline Aherne dies

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/02/caroline-aherne-actor-comedian-dies-52-royle-family Great writer of one of my favourite comedies

Brexit

Hello everyone,I searched the forums about this and did not find anything, and I believe it is an interesting subject to dscuss, as the referendum approaches. I know it can be a touchy subject, but I wonder what your thoughts about it? Will it change...

Resolved! EU vote

yes the UK are out, I was here when we signed in.. so now I hope ebay will sort out the many problems it has, and soon realize the UK will leave ebay also if it dont pull its socks up.

Democracy?

Just what is this Democracy? It's supposed to be "The Rule of the People" isn't it? These days some seem to think it's the will of the people as defined by a majority vote...... that is, just so long as it goes your way? If the democratic vote doesn'...

User avatar by Guide
  • 49 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! HMRC.

Has anyone on here heard of a scam involving HMRC? My neighbour has had a text message saying that she is due a tax rebate, and giving a web address. She looked on the website and it wants all her details etc. I advised her to ignore it, as it seems ...

Well I'll go the foot of our stairs.

What a to-do. The leading protagonist for the Tory leadership has just reneged, and removed his name from the list of runners, while the leader of the Labour party, despite strong opposition, is still clinging on for grim death like a limpet. The res...

100 years ago Today - The Somme

My Grandad and His friends went over the Top at Thiepval wood. They fought their way to their objective and then kept going, sweeping the Germans before them. The 36th Ulster Division & Brave Irishmen from ALL over Ireland, stood Victorious well into...

6955552256_cb47eb9532_b.jpg