FRANCE attacked again...such sadness and horrific carnage

Yet again France hit by a terror attack in Nice after a firework display on Bastile Day. 77 dead with at least 20 critical ...including several children....with a hundred or so also injured...this is a truly sad day! One image I found particularly poignant...a child's body covered over with her dolly lying beside her...it's heartbreaking! 

What exactly motivates a 31 year old French Tunisian to do this? Allah? God? Mohammed? NO....this is man's inhumanity to his fellow man....

VIVE LA FRANCE...

"CONFUSION WILL BE MY EPITAPH...."
Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

Whatever it is that drives such behaviour isn't it time for those who preach to stand up and condemn. All religions should be held accountable and believers should be seen to express their dismay and disgust.
Message 2 of 42
See Most Recent

You know what's so sad about this old World.........if you took a ordinary, every day person, from UK, France, Germany, China, India, Italy, Spain, USA, etc.etc. and put them all together; in a friendly meeting place ( like a Cafe ), they'd all get on like a house on fire and probably have a good laugh together. War, Terrorism, aggression, etc. etc. wouldn't even be contemplated.  Make no mistake, it's politicians and the media that cause problems; supposedly in the name of those very same people...........yet it's hardly EVER them that pay the price.

Message 3 of 42
See Most Recent

No, that's not "the cause".

The cause is people who believe all the absolute rubbish spouted by "preachers" and further corrupted by fanatical "followers".

If aliens arrived here from someplace in Space and were told about the beliefs of such people, they'd be absolutely flabergasted that some members of the life on this Planet actually still believed in such nonsense after evolving to the point where we have now.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 42
See Most Recent

Picky........alright Politicians, Media AND Religion.......you're sounding more like creeky every day.......I hope it's not catching.Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 42
See Most Recent

Ha ha, heck, so do I. grin

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 42
See Most Recent

...and herein lies the problem ! Where does the real danger lie ? From those passing through the various borders in the EU, or from the home-grown sort ? So far, from what I can see, it's the second category !  Smiley Sad

"Non Recuso Laborem"

Message 7 of 42
See Most Recent

I am sick and tired of religion. They are ALL man made institutions and do a lot of harm in this world.

Message 8 of 42
See Most Recent

Do we know this was a 'religious' attack and not one arising from the French treatment of Algerian immigrants?

Message 9 of 42
See Most Recent

What i personally find very sickening about this atrocity was that people have been filming the carnage and aftermath on their phones and posting it on the net,what possesses these people to do such things,they obviously have no emapthy for the victims when they should be assisting the injured,and these monstors responsible for the attacks will want these images broadcast as widely as possible,surely a feeling human being can imagine such atrocities without actually seing them

We are many,They are few
Message 10 of 42
See Most Recent

It has been suggested that with all the guns and grenades in the back of the truck that possibly more martyrs should have been there, but might have changed their mind last minute.

Maybe the promise of 72 Houris when they got to heaven wasn't tempting enough.

Message 11 of 42
See Most Recent

# 2 & 4

Always passing the buck Robot Sad

Message 12 of 42
See Most Recent

He was a Tunisian...more IS supporters have gone into Syria from Tunisia than anywhere else so it's likely to be an IS supporter. As to why they feel the desire to join a terrorist group and carry out this type of carnage is undoubtedly exacerbated by the status of French speaking Africans from Algiers, Morocco and Tunisia in France. The poor housing and poverty are contributing factor.

As yet, no one knows the exact details of why he did this but IS has been trying to stir up individuals to do this sort of thing to maximise the carnage and impact. Unfortunately these purveyors of terror prey on those who feel so disengaged from the society they live in and convince them that it must be destroyed and all who live in it. He was a man with an ex wife and three children with a history of petty crime and domestic violence.....

unfortunately it will stir up and give support to the Right wing Marine Le Pen ...National Front...with an election next year...plus Trump in the US will likely get a boost...

one thing is very evident...these terrorists will not stop...will not enter into discourse...and unless they are exposed and given up by those who know these people and what they are likely to do....things won't change. France will no doubt step up the action in the Middle East but the challenge at home will be to identify and detain these murderers...without hurting the innocent. 7 terror attacks in France ...the lid will blow soon...

Message 13 of 42
See Most Recent

thing is a lot of these terrorists are in fact well educated and come from fairly wealthy families so far from being disenfranchised they should have everything to look forward to,and as said this will lead to a rise in far right parties in Europe bringing the inevitable clashes and violence associated with them,you don't have to look too far back in history to see this,of course this is what isis want,so they can recruit more followers,Holland has promised to up the ante in Syria and Iraq,words fail me

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nice-terrorist-attack-france-isis-francois-hollande-response-syr...

We are many,They are few
Message 14 of 42
See Most Recent

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

What i personally find very sickening about this atrocity was that people have been filming the carnage and aftermath on their phones and posting it on the net,what possesses these people to do such things,they obviously have no emapthy for the victims when they should be assisting the injured,and these monstors responsible for the attacks will want these images broadcast as widely as possible,surely a feeling human being can imagine such atrocities without actually seing them

Wellcome to 2016

Message 15 of 42
See Most Recent

To be taken with a pinch of salt ( unless proved otherwise ).........I just read on an on line newspaper, that according to his " cousin " he never went to the Mosque to pray or practice his religion; he beat up his ex wife regularly ( that's why she's now his ex wife ) and he ate Pork. So if he did this for fanatical religious reasons, when he himself didn't give a **** about his religion, it would be a bit hard to believe......we could just be looking at a total loser, with a MEGA grouch about EVERYTHING; who didn't care if he lived or died.

Message 16 of 42
See Most Recent

From what I have gleaned via a number of media sources, this fine upstanding petit thief had a penchent for alcohol, wife beating or should I say domestic violence and seemed only to integrate when robbing the property of an infidel. 

Message 17 of 42
See Most Recent

Religion doesn't always come into it...it's what they offer when people are at their lowest ebb...in this case it's an Islamic Nirvana (scuse mixed metaphor) where these poor deluded people who have nothing in their lives to live for are convinced they will be some kind of avenging hero who will be promoted to some kind of sainthood...with benefits! People with nothing in this life can be very easy to convince!

Fact is the whole terror thing is really only a power game in Saudi and other Arab countries...the oil money will dry up and they want the money and power in the West...these are uber rich families who want to destabilise us and March over us using these evil people....if it ever happened the first casualties would be the same terrorists who gave them the power...no one wants loose cannons....it's always about money and power...religion is just an easy way and means of doing it! Meanwhile we do have to deal with the fanatics ......pity we don't tackle the supply chain to their weaponry at source....it would all be over sooner rather than later...however the bankers won't let happen...so the murder and mayhem continues...

Message 18 of 42
See Most Recent

Well, IS has now claimed the credit for the Nice attack and news sites are variously claiming 3 or 4 men linked to the truck driver have been arrested over the attack.

Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 42
See Most Recent

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

The best response on the France attack you'll read all day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691973/Do-think-ISIS-gives-two-pins-pathetic-hash-tags-pray...

Message 20 of 42
See Most Recent