There may be trouble ahead......

Trouble within UKIP that is.

Farage "resigns". Other members of UKIP have their eyes on the job of leader.

THEN, the ruling board refuse to accept his resignation. The only UKIP MP, Douglas Carswell has repeatedly refused to endorse Farage as leader again and when asked multiple times if he'd quit UKIP to become an Independent he said "No comment".

Suzanne Evans had been tipped to replace Farage and on the news that Farage would take up leadership again said "It's exactly what I expected hence I played down my appointment."

It didn't take long did it? Farage, the life and soul of the local boozer has made UKIP a laughing stock with his antics and some of the hierachy seem ready to tear the party apart.

I wonder what the UKIP voters think of that lot?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 90
See Most Recent
89 REPLIES 89

In the words of Mandy Rice-Davies........'Well...you would say that wouldn't you'? 😄
Message 2 of 90
See Most Recent

A laughing stock? The man who pulled in 4 million votes in the recent election? Some people need to wake up. The real laughing stock was 'Edstone'...😄😄😄
Message 3 of 90
See Most Recent

I personally find it more petitinent to focus on the next five years of those actually in power.  And more specifically the possible reneweal of the fox hunting ban from an animal lover's POV let alone the enforced EU immigration quota and the effect that will directly have on our economy.  Dwelling on parties that didn't win seems rather pointless although if you have a lot of (virtual) time on your hands gloating could be classed as a hobby I suppose...

Message 4 of 90
See Most Recent

@cee-dee wrote:

Trouble within UKIP that is.

Farage "resigns". Other members of UKIP have their eyes on the job of leader.

THEN, the ruling board refuse to accept his resignation. The only UKIP MP, Douglas Carswell has repeatedly refused to endorse Farage as leader again and when asked multiple times if he'd quit UKIP to become an Independent he said "No comment".

Suzanne Evans had been tipped to replace Farage and on the news that Farage would take up leadership again said "It's exactly what I expected hence I played down my appointment."

It didn't take long did it? Farage, the life and soul of the local boozer has made UKIP a laughing stock with his antics and some of the hierachy seem ready to tear the party apart.

I wonder what the UKIP voters think of that lot?

Please enlighten us all - which specific members have ever said they wanted to be leader?  Or is this yet another of your 'anti UKIP, anti anyone' but the main two parties carp?

Suzanne Evans was actually nominated by Mr Farage to be interim leader, she was said to be delighted that Nigel Farage had agreed to stay after a unanimous vote to keep him as leader. Douglas Carswell said from the start he did not want to be leader.

Bet many a party leader would like to be a laughing stock and bring in 4 million votes!

Sensationalist twoddle I think - if you keep this up CD you'll be in line for a job at the Sun! ....or as a pollster for the Labour Party!

Message 5 of 90
See Most Recent

We've seen it all before, the sudden rise and the slow decline. "Go home and prepare for government". Yeah, they didn't make it then but they did eventually, well, sort of but mucked it all up.

"Love Britain"..... yeah, OK, couldn't even think of a slogan of their own?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 90
See Most Recent

@cee-dee wrote:

We've seen it all before, the sudden rise and the slow decline. "Go home and prepare for government". Yeah, they didn't make it then but they did eventually, well, sort of but mucked it all up.

"Love Britain"..... yeah, OK, couldn't even think of a slogan of their own?

You'd also make a good politician CD - did not answer the question. Seems its still more important to hear your own voice, just like politicians and avoid the question at all costs. Once more...

Please enlighten us all - which specific members have ever said they wanted to be leader?

Message 7 of 90
See Most Recent

Maybe a spot of bother coming the tories way as well:

The Scottish government has said that it will withhold legislative consent on the Conservative proposals to scrap the 1998 Human Rights Act, as it emerged that the SNP has already had informal discussions with Tory backbenchers who oppose the move.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/may/12/scottish-government-human-rights-act-conservatives

We are many,They are few
Message 8 of 90
See Most Recent

Apparently Fuhrer Farage is going to have another (his 8th) attempt at becoming an MP when the right by-election comes along.

Would be quite bizarre if the next by-election was Clacton due to Carswell defecting back to the Tories or becoming an independent.

Message 9 of 90
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:
A laughing stock? The man who pulled in 4 million votes in the recent election? Some people need to wake up. The real laughing stock was 'Edstone'...😄😄😄

NO he didn't - he pulled in 16,026 votes - 2,812 less than the candidate who won the seat.

Message 10 of 90
See Most Recent

There may be trouble ahead................:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32707357

Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 90
See Most Recent

Would 3.8 million people have voted for UKIP , without their charismatic leader ?

H eis the tub thumper , that has the ball at his feet , and 4 million chose UKIP , as opposed to 1 million in 2010 .

Though theri certainly is a touch of hubris about Farage , he could easily of resigned and headed for "Elba " , only to  arrive back on the "White Cliffs of Dover"   3 months prior to the referndum on in out ,, 

I can just imagine Cameron sending the Grenadier Guards down to arrest him , , and Farage , slowly walks towards them , ............. at that they all cheer  and shout "Rule Brittania , our redeemer hath cometh  !" 

And throw their lot in with the "Little Metal Trader " 

😉

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 12 of 90
See Most Recent

The Danger of Farage's "tiddly winks " with his resignation , is that it damages his credibility , and he will be reminded of this in every interview by every journalist .

What will happen is that Cameron will go to the EU and they fudge some sort of concession , a' la Grexit , , they have been leaving for years , and how many compromises have we had

Cameron will get some deal , whereby "no criminals allowed in , border checks , passpost controls " , which is not to differnt to what we have now , thne he will run at th referndum , with all the media and the business sector with him , meanwhile the only articulate  oppostion 

will be reduced to spouting forth on "Roumanins and Gypsy's  with HIV "   ,  Britian will vote to stay in and Cameron will have won again .

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 13 of 90
See Most Recent

Lol ,that's exactly what will happen ,a keen eye there papko...brilliant.

Message 14 of 90
See Most Recent

There's trouble on the horizon for a snarling, thin-skinned aggressive man.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32732129

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 90
See Most Recent

Careful CeeDee....your hands are going to catch fire! 😄
Message 16 of 90
See Most Recent

Yes, I must stop rubbing my hands in glee (because they're all proving me right) I shall have to tell myself off. Smiley Happy

Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 90
See Most Recent

I see Farage is on BBC Question time yet again tonight,should be interesting........

I just hope the audience aren't nasty to him and let him have his rant  say,after all he got over 10 zillion votes...

We are many,They are few
Message 18 of 90
See Most Recent

Actually.....he's doing rather well. Not ranting, just telling the truth. But it's a truth that is unpalatable and other people don't want to hear it or admit it.
Message 19 of 90
See Most Recent

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 90
See Most Recent